Bearclaw Valley saying run away
sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 
backdated healing @Evien being vague asf

Evien led him to the place, he followed stupidly, unsure of the paths of this land. He kept quiet- he was not the fastest to repent for his sins, but he knew better than to incite more of Evie's bitching. 

Once they arrived, he laid on the earth surface, silently awaiting treatment. Words found him, and he thought to offer a little Thank you. before his eyes flitted unassuredly to the ground.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Evien had led the boy to the den, less frustrated now that he wasn't in the moment anymore. There was a cut on Toad's forearm, and he knew Fields had some on his neck that he'd have to get to later. But one at a time was plenty, and they had to be courteous to the new guy. 

"It's my job," he said simply, offering the taller boy a small smile. "Sorry for getting onto you two back there. I'd really appreciate it if you tried not to rip each other apart again," he stated, picking out some rosehips and a little burdock root to chew up. "Ironic that you ended up here, huh?" he asked, cutting green eyes over to the other boy.
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
It's my job. He answered simply. A slight frown touched Toad's features momentarily- was that all he was? Just a customer, not even a friend who was cared for because his friend wanted to care for him- just a patient sitting before the doctor in the examination room. Toad sure had a way of seeing things the way he wanted to see them- half truth and half lie tied up into one, allowing him to twist situations into the way he perceived them. 

Evien's apology and comment about irony sends the tension out of him, and he nods with a smile. Iromic, indeed. Maybe fate did this, He suggests with a forest-green glance up at the doctor who chewed on something earthy and fragrant. Taylor asking me for a fight... it was like a blessing in disguise, I guess. I'm glad that I ended up here. With you. He almost thinks to tack it on at the end, but holds back, shooing the idea away.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Really, the comment had been more of a lighthearted joke - Evien often lost his temper like he had a few minutes ago, and then felt bad about it later. As was the case now; he wanted to make sure Toad didn't think he was still mad.

"Yes, I'll have to get onto him for that later," he said with a wink and a smirk. "I'm glad you ended up here, too. It's good to have more friends - I don't really know everyone who lives around here, so it's nice to see a familiar face." He paused for a moment to crush up his poultice, pleased with it now that he had burdock root to use. 

The boy turned to the other, tilting his head to the side. "Would you mind going to wash your paw in the running water over there?" he asked, gesturing to the cool spring water trickling from the source toward the center of the den. "We want it as clean as it can be. No dirt or grass."
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The wink warmed his heart, and he ducked slightly, feeling bashful even if it wasn't meant as much. Toad had a way of getting flustered around pretty guys, despite his usual bricklike exterior. He listened quietly as Evien spoke and worked, the scents of medicine relaxing. Like a spa day for the injured boy. Would you mind going to wash your paw in the running water over there? Toad perked back up awkwardly, nodding suddenly. Oh, yeah, um, sure. He mumbled casually, pulling himself up and making his way to the water.

He dipped his feet in, sucking in a breath- why so cold? His teeth clenched slightly but he lifted each paw in turn after they were soaked, cleaning them a bit on his own, delicately with pearly fangs. Once they looked clean enough, he pulled out, awkwardly making his way back to where he lay before with his now-soaked paws. Now what? He inquired, surprising even himself with his interest in the process.