Northstar Vale State of My Head
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
All Welcome 
He wanted to make sure he was doing his part when he had the free time to do while he was on his extended stay, and so the boy would make more rounds along the borders. He had figured out the scent of most of the wolves within the land and could, perhaps with minimal difficulty, manage to distinguish between what belonged and what did not. He wouldn't do anything (that certainly was not his place) but he could always go find Reiko or Tobias. 

His face was expresionless as he maneuvered the borders with ease. He had ventured to the lands directly outside of this place and so it was nice to admit that he was beginning to gather some familiarity about the situation he was in. He was close to make his decision. There wasn't much time left that he wished to subdue himself to having one foot in and one foot out. It was time to gather his full service or bid them goodbye with a promise of friendship.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I was waiting to see if anyone else would join, but everyone seems busy irl! So here I am :P I'm also making this more present-day if that's okay!

It was about time that their little visitor would choose to either stay or make his way out of the vale and find somewhere else he found would be more suitable in his choice for a home. Her sides swelled and it was today that she was certain of her pregnancy... who the father was would always remain a mystery, all parties involved looking relatively the same - though she hopped they would belong to @Yuudai, as opposed to @Takeshi, despite the latter being her now-husband. 

Ignoring the thoughts that plagued her, pushing them back beyond her focus, she came up alongside Collision and offered a sway of her tail in a greeting. So? Have you come to a conclusion, Collision? Even as she hoped he would remain, they needed all the able-bodies that could protect them while good portions of their females were pregnant (assuming @Hiromi is now showing too, and Reiko just assumes @Ibis is from her little adventure. It isn’t certain!). But she wouldn't shackle him here either if he chose to go off on his own - it was not their right to take his freedom away, nor was it their way.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
It wouldn't be long into his thoughts that the wolf that had welcomed him to begin with would appear. Reiko was a respectable woman and Collision was pleased that she would bring herself to his company. Of course, there was something different about her. His eyes swept over her frame and noticed that while she had always appeared feminine her curves were slightly more rounded and while it could have been a simple over-indulgence during a meal....Collision had not ignored the swirling scents of women enduring a heat that plagued this place. 

She asked him the question that had been so heavily on his mind and he would remain silent a moment. On one hand...there were women who were in heat and scents that were waning and changing. Pregnancies meant children. Children needed someone to protect them, and so would all of these women as they advanced in term. Surely, they each had men ready to protect them...but that wasn't always the case. Collision sighed lightly. There were many who came and went. He wasn't one who was ever going to disappear unless it were in death. Perhaps she needed someone with that kind of loyalty? Perhaps they all did. 

Still, it was arrogant to think he was needed. Afterall, was anyone truly irreplaceable? Especially someone that didn't stack compared to the bonds she surely held with the wolves she had created this place with? It was no secret to him, however, that his usefulness could easily arise when pups littered the place, "I'd like to stay," It wasn't hard for him to say that. A very calm smile slipped across his face and he stared at Reiko hoping for her acceptance of his decision.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Nervously she waited, knots forming in her belly. The life she was creating didn't help ease nausea that was creeping up on her as she waited for his response, so she blamed the sickness she felt on it over the situation at hand. She was a bundle of hormones right now after all. Tired as they sucked energy from her body to create something new. Despite all the turmoil, she felt internally, she kept a calm smile. Though should he chose not to, she wouldn't chase him out either immediately, he was still their guest after all; and possibly a friend.

Then he spoke, and her whole body felt like it was lifted off the ground and into a cloud. Floating a few feet just above the dirt and grass. You would? She was almost certain she heard him wrong. The plush tail bounced and curled. I'm so glad! Tiny paws bounced off the ground on the spot in a little dance. After all that had transpired in the past few weeks, any good news was enough to delight her, to shoot her over the stars and moon.

Well, I suppose now is a good time to ask if you have any questions? She pondered out loud, only once she noticed it was vocal did she turn her attention and look to him for anything he wanted to know further about the pack, about her perhaps, or their Queen Ibis. He had every right to know what he wanted to now. There were no secrets here among packmates.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He was more than happy to finally have a place that he could call his own. Granted, he had rested his head more than a few nights within the Empire's lands, but there was something different about being a visitor and being at home. Collision could not dismiss the kindness that he had been shown here and he found that he was rather happy. 

Reiko seemed to be equally thrilled as she momentarily questioned his decision and then expressed her jubilance. A soft chuckle vibrated past his lips, but then he grow a modicum more serious, "Everyone here seems happy. I want to guard that happiness," He wanted her to understand that he was promising not just his loyalty to protect the borders--but to protect each of their individual joys. Reiko's coming bundle for example!

"I don't believe so. I'll mostly be focusing on my training and getting to know more about these lands," When one was more aware it was safe to say they were better at protecting what they had.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Everyone seems happy, she couldn't help but smile at his words. It made her oh so happy to hear that people were doing well and it wasn't a facade to hide from her their true feelings by being here. If an outsider could see it, it must be true! I'm so glad to hear it Collision. Especially about the training and getting to know the lands now that he was staying here. They needed scouts and guards, that was for certain.

But there was something else now that they needed to talk about. It pulled on her heartstrings, uncertain if she wanted to burden their newest member like this so suddenly; but if she was being honest, the Empress didn't have much of a choice. @Takeshi had shown his side, and @Yuudai was nowhere to be seen... well nowhere near her at least, his scent still lingered but she couldn't help but think the samurai was avoiding her.

Um! ... uh... Cerulean eyes fell to the ground, searching for her words in the blossoming greens, begging them to give her what verbal formula she lacked until I'm not sure if you have noticed... but I'm pregnant. finally, she spat it out. Her eyes lifting from the ground and onto him, afraid of what his expression would be but curious enough to see. Could you... possibly... keep an eye on me? As your first task, until the puppies come.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision's tail swayed happily. Truthfully he was glad to be among the ranks here. And he was more than happy that he could respect this woman as a good leader. She only seemed to care about those which she had offered a home to. 

There was a bit of concern that seemed to cover her features and collision's eyes drew into a line of worry. What could already be plaguing her so? He was fully focused as she spent a moment fumbling around her words before stating her request. 

He had a slight suspicion, but it weren't his business and he had decided to stay out of it. But she asked for additional support in her time of need. A soft smile decorated the man's face and he tipped his head to her. A true leader could ask for him and he would only have all the more respect for the Empress, "Of course, Reiko. I'll remain only a call away should you need me," But what of her husband? Was he not a capable protector? Again, something that was not his business to know and so he would dismiss the thought and never revisit it, "Have you seen a medic? Have you been feeling well?" 

Collision hadn't a clue what a woman would go through in a time like this, and he had less of a clue about what she would do if she didn't...but if anything should prove an obstacle to her and he couldn't solve it--he would set on the task of finding someone that could offer assitance to the new mother.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was nerve-racking to think she might be burdening their newest member with a job already, but he did mention that he enjoyed having a task to do - so perhaps it would all work out in the end despite her nervousness? Thankfully he was quick enough to answer, easing that lingering doubt and she was free to breathe once more, offering a gleeful wave of her banner. 

I am. His concern didn't go unappreciated - and if he was curious about why she asked him of all others. she was also appreciative that he didn't ask either. I've spoken to our wetnurse, Awefen - but my appetite is still stranger than usual. It's been... hard to keep food down. There was no need to lie about it, she was still rather thin despite the growing belly, even if she knew and tried to eat when she could, all she could do was hope it would remain in her belly. Perhaps worrying about keeping it down didn't help. 

Sleep too has been evasive, perhaps I'm distracted with my first pregnancy, worrying myself for it to go well.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision wanted Reiko to know that he was reliable and that he meant every single word that he said. He would stand between any harm that should try to befall herself or her youth in and outside of the womb. It gave him a purpose. There was no need to reason about why. Sometimes an outside perspective was best and perhaps that was all that she needed. 

"I don't know a lot about this," he confesses. He wouldn't pretend that he did. When it game to mediating or fighting tactics he could have talked all day, but when it game to the subject of creating life...beyon the fundamentals--he was mostly clueless, "Perhaps it's more stress than it is your appetite. If you feel safe then maybe you'll be able to comfortably relax to a meal," 

It was strange for him to be giving her advice when he knew little about her situation and how he had gotten there, but the boy felt it just general enough that it would be innocent. Besides one thing Collision did know: Her body was not her own and she had to eat if they had any chance of survival. 

She hadn't been sleeping? If she continued on that path her leadership could begin to lack. A stressed, exhausted leader was not bound to be a good one. He had not yet set up an official place for him to rest his head and so he offered her a simple resolve, "I can set my den up a respectable dsitance from your own, but still relatively close. That way perhaps you can sleep knowing you're being protected," If that was the issue at all.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Possibly. She hummed at his theory. There were many reasons why she could be having a hard time sleeping and or eating, but maybe he was right. If she felt safer, then maybe she could relax enough to have a good sleep and keep some food in her without struggling, and thus, like a vicious circle, become even more in distress.

His idea brought a beaming smile to her lips, Would you? Swaying happily on the spot, she could feel herself feeling already a little lighter with his suggestion. He'd be close, but not close enough to invoke Takeshi's jealous wrath - hopefully. Even then, he'd be around to make sure nothing came of it anyway.

She could only hope he could set up his den as soon as possible, Reiko already was looking forward to having her first decent sleep in a while. Thank you Collision, for everything. She was certain the man would grow to be an important individual among them, quickly climbing their ranks despite his outsider blood. In no time he should be able to snag a noble title for himself, she can see it already.

I'll leave you to prepare then, hmm?

We can end this here if you'd like! Feel free to post again or archive! I'd love another one soon <3
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He was pleased that Reiko appeared to find some comfort in his promise to keep her and her children safe and hoped that he would be a man of his word. He watched as she turned to leave and he too would set on his own way to make preparation for where he would lay his head over the course of the next several months. 

[exit]

IMPALA