Tuktu Hinterlands this is what you do, this is what you do
174 Posts
Ooc — nami
being vague about location
@Clarence @Memory @Valour

someone should have shackled famine's ankles to the nearest post because less than a week after his first adventure, he was off on his second. chanel was nice, but she wasn't conquest; after awakening from his food-induced coma, he realized how much he missed home.

famine snuck away from his guard with tucked tail and hanging head. he was really lost now, and with no adults nearby, how would he make it back? he came the turning at the base of a mountain and sat down to weep.
[ hover for translations ]
rising sun valley — closed for threads (0/5)
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence had been searching near nonstop for the pups after his and Santiago's spar, tireless in his travels and checking wherever he could think to look. In fact, he'd gone quite far north - he hoped he wouldn't get in too much trouble, but he had to try to find them. They were so small and there were so many dangers out in the world.

The boy turned his muzzle to the wind and his nose twitched, finally catching wind of something familiar. A hint of Nightwalkers scent in the air. He let out a soft tip, trotting forward to seek out where the scent came from.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was the most frustrating thing to have pups go missing. Valour had searched since the meeting and come up empty aside from a vague whiff nearly a week ago that had him searching a new area now. On Clarence's trail already since the man's scent wasn't hard to miss covered in Nightwalkers he heard the yip and felt his heart leap, ears perking up as he moved into a jog hurrying while trying to be quiet so his approach wasn't noticed incase it wasn't a pup. 

sorry for the crappy reply. I wanted to get one in before I poof for most the day
3/10 mastery
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The search had been tireless. After the dead end that had turned up  the previous day after the meeting, to hear Clarence yip caused his heart to leap into his throat. Memory was certain the other one had been taken by a predator- after all why else would a scent just vanish? But this one. Maybe this one had a chance. Shooting a hopeful look at Valour he dropped his head to the ground, eyes scanning the undergrowth, nose searching for something... anything.
174 Posts
Ooc — nami
where there were adults, there was food, and famine was starting to get hungry. there were several new scents being tossed around on the breeze; although they smelled like home, none were particularly familiar. he pushed himself between the branches of a nearby bush and stopped his crying, hoping that the silence might keep him from being found.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence was vaguely aware of the two other males following him, looking for the puppies as well. The boy was ahead, however, nose moving down to the ground and red eyes turned forward. He followed the scent trail to a cluster of bushes, where it was much stronger. Though he couldn't see the pup, the scent was familiar. 

"Hey, buddy?" he called, crouching down in front of the bushes and hoping the kid would come out. "Remember me?"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It didn't take long for him to spot Clarence crouching and speaking into a bush, the tone of voice revealing what the missed words couldn't. They had found one of the children. Tossing Memory a happy look he slowed down and lowered himself, giving Clarence and the child some space. After a moment he inched closer so the kid could see him  "Wanna go home?" he looked at Clarence nervously, wondering what they'd do if he disagreed and tried to put up a fuss.
3/10 mastery
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He breathed an audible sigh of relief. He was found. He was found, and at first glance, and scent, unharmed. However a second scent wafted past Memory and he bristled. It smelled like Pack, but not Nightwalkers pack. "There's another pack scent on him. Valour, be careful." 
He was alert, eye scanning the area around them, a low growl in his throat. Had he been snatched and escaped? Had he been taken as bait? Or worst of all, would it be as Nix had done, twisting the mind of an innocent pup against all who loved him? Whichever, Memory would not allow it.
174 Posts
Ooc — nami
bright lavender eyes peered curiously between the barren branches, searching the space occupied by clarence and valour. both were familiar wolves, giving famine the boost of confidence needed to walk out into the open. 

memory's low growl implied that he'd done something wrong. famine took slow, careful steps, ears flat against his head while he awaited an assumed scolding.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
It took several long moments for the pup to crawl out of his hiding spot and it seemed to be inhibited by the growl emitting from Memory. Clarence glanced around the older man with a small frown, furrowing his brows. They could talk about that later.

Bright purple eyes and a chubby belly came into view and Clarence offered the pup a smile, tail beginning to wag as he crawled forward on his own belly, hoping to put the pup at ease.

"Hey," he cooed, ears angling forward as he rested his head on his paws. This was a baby - he hadn't meant to run away. "It's okay. I bet you're hungry, right? Let's go home and get something to eat."
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Famine strode out into view and Valour gave a thump of his tail happy that they'd soon have one child to return safely back to the pack. Memory's growl and sharp observation caught his attention and he listened nodding though Famine's change of posture was noted "You're safe kid" his voice was warm before hardening again as he looked to both men "Clarence can start taking you home, we'll cover the back" he said all this mainly so that they could get the child safe while discussing the matter of the scent of another pack. Hanging back with memory (if the other two began to head away) he turned to sniff the bush where Famine had been, familiarizing himself with it in the case that he ever caught it again. "I don't think they reached the actual pack yet, the smell isn't strong enough. He must have taken off again" there was a relieved tone and a slight smile. Funny how he was grateful that the kid was apparently quite a runner, he wouldn't have been found otherwise.
3/10 mastery
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
His scan of the surroundings rendering no results, he turned his eyes back to the pup, not missing the angry look from Clarence.
Thankfully it seems his worries were- for the mean time, at least, unfounded. Pup secured, he let Clarence move ahead of himself and Valour, keeping up the rear in case of attack. At Valour's dismissal, he relaxed a bit. "I'm worried. It may be nothing, but I've seen this before. Thankfully it seems whatever was tried was unsuccessful. Perhaps we should find that scent...find which pack it belongs to?" 
174 Posts
Ooc — nami
the abstract concept of food, and of not-hunger, was enough to restore famine's spunk. he followed dutifully after clarence, murmuring to himself, hung-y, hung-y, while they walked.

famine could hear the adults talking behind them but didn't know what was being said. had he known, he might have tried to explain that chanel hadn't meant any harm. oh, well.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence was more than happy to walk with the puppy, smiling down at the plump gray ball of fur as they headed back toward their own territory. "You won't be hungry for too much longer," he promised, making sure to keep an eye out for any threats. Of course he trusted Valour and Memory to guard them, but he wanted to make sure he was ready, too.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Nodding he remained silent as he did his own assessment on the area around them as they headed back, his ears perked upright to listen to their surroundings. After not hearing anything of concern for a minute he looked back to Memory "I'll work on that, for now you, Clarence and Santiago stick to looking for-" he paused shooting a look at Famine, not wanting him to know his sister wouldn't be there "the other one" he whispered frowning.
3/10 mastery
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He nodded.
" I'm not sure we'll...find her alive." his voice was quiet so not to disturb the pup. "Clarence and I found a scent on the eastern border, after the meeting. Puddle of piss and a few Tufts of fur and it just....stops. Eagles are nesting this time of year..." He hated what he was insinuating.
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
I forgot I was supposed to skip Famine I'm so sorry

Clarence's ears were sensetive, flicking back toward the other males as he walked alongside the pup. He had nothing to say, though, more focused on the little pup than he was on the older wolves. It would be important to keep him distracted and make sure he didn't stress too much about his sibling.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
I think we can close this up? Last post from me either way.

Valour felt Memory's words sink into his heart like fangs into flesh. Eagles...piss...fur. That all sounded terrible thrown together. "Enough for now" he said his voice gruff as he looked away pretending to be alert and wary while he was actually hiding a moment of squeezing his eyes shut and internally screaming from the guilt that he felt of losing a pup. They were an entire pack, how had two children been able to simply wander off?
3/10 mastery