Sawtooth Spire the first time that i sought for grace
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
she resisted his attempts to get her into the water at first, tearfully backing until her feet were balancing on the far end of the granite platform, moonkisst frame straddling stone as her profusely shed tears plopped against it.
when her tail drooped off the edge and she felt its tip graze the water from which she had recently emerged, she was set astir with the black oil of dread in her stomach and locomoted forward to hesitate on his end of the ledge. encouraged gently by her father, impulsivity bade her clumsy plunk into the shallows. she puled as fear's steeple made an easy pincushion of her, the whites of her eyes showing when her nose occasionally took on some water. mahler had waded patiently alongside his daughter, giving her directive nudges and scruffing her tenderly to help her along when she struggled. her tail streamed across the surface like a sinuous serpent, and she found it easier to steer with.
once they were at last within a stone's throw of the bank, and her legs were so tired and aching they felt like separate entities from her body, she began a distich of bawling with desperation and relief. mahler then grasped her and pulled her to shore, at last on solid ground, hallowed ground upon which her legs gave out from under her.
her father withheld his tears, but she felt new, brak wetness dampen her as he listed his muzzle to nestle her crown. she reflexively nuzzled up into the comfort, using the last of her strength to wrap both forelegs firmly around the ashlar legs of her papabär
, clinging fast to him with her eyes cinched shut.
she addressed herself solely to the sound of his voice, his intoning words of her merit with such reverent sentiment that she could do naught but believe him. "moodicg," she whispered, trembling, "p..aah." she burrowed her face into the sinewed length of his leg, her shoulders shaking from the adrenaline and sobs that wouldn't stop coming in waves like those against her face when she had been in the water. 
with legs so fatigued, she regardless tried to stand and hobbled a few steps before collapsing at his feet like an almsgirl begging for absolution, lifting her glassy blues to gaze helplessly at him. 
Messages In This Thread
the first time that i sought for grace - by Phaedra - April 28, 2020, 12:12 AM
RE: the first time that i sought for grace - by Mahler - June 13, 2020, 11:19 PM
RE: the first time that i sought for grace - by Phaedra - June 17, 2020, 12:38 AM
RE: the first time that i sought for grace - by Mahler - June 17, 2020, 04:44 PM
RE: the first time that i sought for grace - by Mahler - June 28, 2020, 06:23 PM