Whitefish River To go back to a place much simpler than this
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Limit Two 
86F°, currently it is sunny and set during the day. Located in Whitefish River, riverside | ooc: sorry its short!! i didn't have much of an idea xD |tagging: @Emrik

Normally more comfortable in the cooler seasons, today, Reiko felt comfort in the warmth of the late spring sun upon her back. It was tender, like a homely embrace that helped ease the woman's growing anxieties over the past month's events. It was like every wound coil finally released in a slow sigh, allowing the Empress to comfortably lay by the waterside and watch as the fish swam by, glittering the bright sunlight as they swam by.

Sometimes she wished she knew how to swim, moments like these especially when it looked so inviting to go in and feel so weightless in its refreshing current. To swim among the silver scaled beasts seemed almost like an unattainable dream.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
There still an irritation in the man as the day continued. He wasn't normally a stubborn man, but today he found that he could let it go. I didn't go very far from the borders, I promise. His mates words still echoed in his ears 24 hours after hearing them. He knew that if he returned to his den now, she would be there. Or at least nearby. He knew that she was at least there. But he was still so mad. He couldn't tell if he was more upset with himself or Speedy. Regardless he had been avoiding her all day. Starting his day with an early morning conversation with Howl had helped to lighten his spirits. After which he had tracked and hunted a hare, which was now slung between his jaws.

He was tempted to just drop it in the cache and let someone else have it. But he was being petty. Emrik knew he should deliver it to one of the soon-to-be-mothers. Normally he wouldn't hesitate to drop it at Speedy's feet. But again....his unusual stubbornness got the better of him. Instead he ventured along the edge of the river, lost in thought.

Her scent wasn't unwelcome, but it was unfamiliar. Emrik knew of the alliance with this Reneian Empire, but he hadn't the chance to visit yet. Acheron had said he had a good time exploring their sister pack and meeting knew people, so it was on Em's list of things to do. But with the move, and the pups, he hadn't had time to venture far from the territory. Regardless he recognized the Imperial scent on the air, and it drew his curiosity. Clearing his throat as he approached the prone woman, the squire smiled at her content posture. He almost felt bad disturbing her. "Hello?"

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Perhaps it was because this was her first home since leaving the clan's lands. Maybe that is why she felt such an affinity for Kaistleoki and all its inhabitants. The river too. It was the first safe place she could call home after what felt like a lifetime of traveling on her own. Away from all the tribulations of the Vale. She loved that place and all its inhabitants too - but lately, its presence was weighing. Watching Yuudai and Hiromi in love at a distance while she feared and avoided her own husband, it felt wrong, she felt wrong. Jealous.

Jealous of them both.

That Hiromi was happy with Yuudai without her, even if Yuudai did invite her into their life. She didn't want to be the extra. The third wheel. It didn't help that Ibis had also found love. It hurt to watch it all, even if she truly was happy for them. 

Before drowning in her own self-loathing once again, a voice called out to her. One that was unfamiliar but she was not scared... they smelled like Kaistleoki and thus, was an ally. Turning to see the male approach, she offered a kind smile. Hello~ he looked familiar, like a passing glance perhaps, remembering his place in the pack creation meeting of Kaistleoki. Wow, how many was she not aware of even since then?!

I'm sorry, you seem familiar but... I cannot remember you very well. My name is Reiko, I was a part of Kaistleoki last summer, I helped set them up before I... disappeared.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"Reiko" He reiterated, nodding his head with a smile, "Pleasure to meet you ma'am, I'm Emrik." As he got closer she did look familiar. "We might have met then. I was here last summer, but not for very long. I wintered with my parent's pack, helping out and such. But you too seem familiar. I guess it's more appropriate to say welcome back." He stood a few feet away, having dropped the rabbit between his teeth to speak.

"Do you mind if I joy you?" Emrik flicked his head, asking permission to join her and sit along the water. His manners were on full force today.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
You too. With a tired smile, she was as bright as she could be while allowing herself to completely unwind. She felt tired. But not wanting to sleep yet, Reiko wanted to enjoy the day a little longer before calling it and taking tomorrow as perhaps one of hers and Collisions last day here before returning back to the empire. It was nice to hear that someone else had come and gone from within the ranks, only to be welcomed back. At least she was not the only one. 

Shaking her head softly, Absolutely not, please, I would love the companionship. Here, she would make sure she was not treated like an empress, but instead, like a friend. A sister. Family and nothing more. She had enough of it back home, here, for the next few days, she wanted a simpler life. Even if it was brief.
Healing (2/6)

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
When she welcomed him Emrik drew closer. He knew that if he reclined fully as she was, he would fall asleep. Which Emrik thought, would be much to embarrassing for him to endure. Instead he sat, his tail twitching against the ground. Clearing his throat somewhat awkwardly as he once again set the rabbit down. "Are you hungry? I was meaning to drop this by Ira or Speedy, but I think you would qualify as well." He chuckled softly to himself.

"You sure have traveled far in your condition." And the argument solidified once again at the forefront of his mind. "You brought someone with you I hope?" His slight questioning intonation was emphasized by the genuine concern in his eye. It wasn't necessarily the fact that she was from an allied pack, but more the fact that they had shared the same pack that revealed his worry over her safety. Emrik didn't mean to sound judgmental, although he quickly realized it might have been perceived as such. "I mean of course we would make sure you are safe. Of course. But I'd imagine there's someone who might worry you're so far from home?" He didn't want to bring up the father considering Speedy's own issues last year, and new for someone it could be a touchy subject. But surely there was someone, anyone that would worry for her.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Thank you~ Cerulean eyes glanced down at the prey offered, her belly ached for food after all the traveling, and yet she would wait until on her own to satisfy it than to start stuffing her face in Emrik's presence. Leaning on the opposite side so she may face Emrik while he sat and she lay, feeling the lump on her abdomen shift with the new position and finding it quite comfortable if she could say so herself. 

I have. With a quick look around to see if @Collision was lurking nearby, she turned her attention back to Emrik when he wasn't anywhere seen just yet. He is somewhere. It is his first time in Kaistleoki, I believe he is getting acquainted. His name is Collision, and he's been a great help since his joining. And she couldn't thank him enough for all his hard work. If it weren't for him, she might never have found peace in sleep again, or an appetite to follow. 

I have a few days until I'm due - I thought a quick visit before I am den bound would be nice. Not to mention it was a quick vacation from all the havoc too... but she didn't need to tell every one of her own personal matters. They probably didn't care for it either.
Healing (2/6)

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Emrik hummed and nodded his way along as she spoke, Collision he would be sure to keep an eyes out for the other man and say hello. He wasn't suprised to hear she only had a few days before the babes were due. She looked ready to pop! Not that he would ever in a million years say that out loud. He had learnt the hard was that woman did not appreciate being referred to in that manner. Instead he kept the smile bright on his lips.

"I suppose it sounds like a good time to take a break." He wasn't sure Speedy would agree, not only because she always worked herself to the bone, but Emrik had a sneak suspicion that she would send Reiko home if she thought she could get away with it. Despite Speedy gallivanting off yesterday, he knew she would have given an ear full to any other pregnant woman how walking such a long distance was not beneficial this far into the pregnancy. How, you never know if the due date is going to be the actual date they are born. Speedy would have has a lot to say. But Emrik wouldn't bother this poor soul with any of that, although in hindsight maybe her should have. [;P]

"Well we are all happy to have visitors. Life can get a little dull after awhile." Although that hadn't been the case for a while now. There was still a lot to be done to fix this place up after the quakes, and then there were three pregnant females as well which meant more hunting to be done, but there were also less bodies on patrol ensuring the safety of the surrounding area. No, Kaistleoki hadn't had a dull moment yet.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He was quite new to Kaistleoki. Reiko used to take refuge in this place and the fact that she trusted these wolves gave him a sense of relief. She was among friends here and not having to worry about how to run her empire or how she was going to get around as she got bigger and bigger. which, as time progressed, seemed to be a daily occurence. 

There was a minor uneasiness. Was every wolf within this place someone that she truly knew? Was every wolf here someone that resided before so that she could trust them? That being said--A good guard could often find him/her self not being seen or heard to carry out their duties. 

Today was no exception for him. He was not her babysitter and had never wanted her to feel as though he were watching her moves with judgement. He only wished to protect should the need arise. 

Reiko had gone to the lake and he had remained a fair distance away amongst the trees. He could hear her if she simply shouted. 

Time had passed and he had decided to make visual contact with his charge--so as silently as possible he slithered back to her general location and froze as another was near her. She did not necessarily appear uncomfortable (not anymore than usual given her current state) and so he refrained from intruding. 

The boy was a fair distance away. He could not hear their conversation and relied solely on watching body language. He would seat himself against the Earth and try to stay as down wind and out of sight as possible. If things should begin to look off putting--then he could easily saunter in without so much as an issue. 

Feel free to skip Coll. He is observing (Also doing the whole guard thing) so i'll post as my turn comes or like i said skip him if im too slow <'3 If either of you want to notice him please message me and we can talk about it <3
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Yes, she was quite aware of her predicament. The traveling was tiresome and the puppies would be here very soon, too soon, but she needed this more than anything. For her own sanity. Thankfully no one demanded she would explain her decision, not wanting to spread the troubles to anyone else and simply trying to find a way to cope with it by any means necessary. Yes, a break! It's been nice. But short, I should head back tomorrow. Though she worried for everyone in the Empire during her absence, it had to be time for her to think of the young she was carrying and herself. That stress was the bigger killer here and at least she had a home away from home to take a breather for a couple of days.

Has it? Dull sounds nice, safe, relaxing even - especially with what had happened this winter. It was absolute chaos and the silence that surrounded them now as the lands recovered was welcomed. She couldn't say that the Empire was dull, something new reared it's head every corner she looked but Reiko would assume that was normal for a leader... they just had to take in stride and she too would have to learn how to do so.

It's nice to see so many pregnant women this year, that alone should be exciting, hm? She turned her attention to Emrik with a brilliant glance, away from the beautiful rushing water and onto him with a smile. Wondering if any of the soon-to-be puppies were his, she was confident in thinking he didn't father Ira's, but it wasn't impossible either. Could he? Oh what a cheeky thought! 

Coll is unnoticed for now! <3 :eyes:
Healing (2/6)

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"I suppose you're right." Emrik had to agree, sometimes it was nice to be reminded of how the simple life is what you want. He gave a sheepish look, when her pale gaze flicked in his direction. He could feel a blush land on his cheeks at the mention of the puppies, he could see the mischievous in her eyes. He chuckled awkwardly, "Oh yeah, there's plenty to do with three litters on the way. It's going to be a long summer." Emrik cleared his throat, and smiled nervously.

"Are there many litters in the Empire?" He had been so preoccupied with other things, Emrik wasn't up on the latest news between packs, if there was any. As Speedy's pregnancy progressed he had slowly joined her on all her expeditions beyond the den. Often searching for herbs, much to his dismay.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision moved to lay down and observe the two. The male and her seemed to be locked in nothing more than warm conversation and so he would relax and remain only an alarm away. His head rested on his paws and gold eyes kept a watchful gaze. He didn't know the bou that she talked to and so it would be an unknowing observer to think he was stalking Reiko. Simply: He would know her tells before she probably managed to even vocalize them. Alas...they were among friends. Weren't they?
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Three litters? Wow- Through half-lidded eyes under dark lashes, Reiko gave Emrik a teasing presumptuous glace, almost like a school girl while learning something interesting about her peers. Even leaning in as if she was going to give some kind of secret. You guys have been pretty busy huh? She could barely keep composure as her whispered words were choked back awkwardly through giggles. I'm teasing of course~ That's very exciting! I only knew of Ira's.

We have a few. Let me see... Leaning back as she softly counted the faces as they floated by in her head. One... Two... Three... Four - Her attention went back to Emrik to confirm her count. We have four pregnant ladies.
Healing (2/6)

149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Had Emrik been younger, or more foolhardy he might have blushed at her comment. Instead he laughed easily, "Apparently we have been." He threw a wink in for good measure, an easy smile resting on his lips. When she counted the number of litters Emrik was surprised. That's a lot. It meant one of two things, either they were a very strong pack, in an abundant territory; or Reiko hadn't really enforced breeding rights. He wasn't sure which was more likely, but it wasn't his place to comment. Instead he gave her a knowing look, "And you call us busy?" He couldn't help but laugh.

"Well Miss Reiko. I'm afraid I should head out. I should check on my mate and make sure everyone has everything they need." Emrik felt a lot lighter, his conversation with the Empress (albeit unknowingly) had made his day. "It was a pleasure to meet you. Speedy and I will have to come visit later in the year."

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Ha~ Awkwardly she offered a little chuckle at his return of the "busy" comment. Yeah, they were all rather busy in one way or another. The number of pregnant women in the Empire seemed to be more of a blessing than anything else, perhaps for others it was unwise and only time would tell if later on she would need to be more strict - but if she was to be honest right now if asked, the Empress looked forward to every litter that would be coming their way. You got me~ Sheepishly she finally admitted.

It was my pleasure Emrik, you both are always welcome to visit. So he was Speedy's mate! How exciting! As he faded in the distance to go meet his wife, Reiko got up with a huff as she felt the weight upon her in the midsection. One more night, she decided, and tomorrow they would return. 

[end!]
Healing (2/6)