Totoka River sand piper
11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
Joining 
Sae had come to a land where the smell of wolves lingered. Some of the scents were older, but he smelled fresh, new scents, too. Curious, the dark wolf's nose lead him to a river that branched out into the sea. Within the sea breeze, he could smell the scent of wolves. A strong scent. The marking of territory.

The stranger stood by the river, brown eyes looking out to the island that lay beyond the shore. It seemed rather genius to Sae, to make the pack territory on the island. It was advantageous, but also possibly dangerous should there ever be a terrible enough storm. 

Even so, the wolf drew in a breath and released a howl to announce himself to the pack that made their home. The call had a touch of musicality to it, but the lone wolf had largely refrained from making the call too colorful. He didn't want to be scolded upon first meeting. That wouldn't make a good impression. His father, especially, had advised him against it.

And so he waited.

@Huā
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A beautiful call echoed across the sea, causing Huā's ears to perk from where she trotted along the island's shore. The voice was unfamiliar, but intriguing- and she was not one to deny strangers an audience. The land bridge was not fully uncovered; the water lapped up its edges, but she made her way across anyway, dark paws wet by the higher waves that occasionally swept over the thin strip. 

He was a large man, dark in color and bespeckled, with the gentlest coco gaze. She had not expected a pretty song to come from such a male, and was immediately charmed, and reminded of their resident Takara. Greetings. I am Huā; leader of Yuèlóng, Huángdì. She introduced with a small dip of her head in spite of her rank, and was quiet then- expecting he might speak of his reason for howling.
11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
It looked as though the wolf that came from the island was walking on water. Sae was almost awestruck by the sight, wondering if there was some sort of sorcery or magic involved. But then he saw the strip of land beneath the thin layer of water. That certainly made getting to and from the island easier, he imagined.

When the wolf arrived on the beach, she greeted him and introduced herself. The polite dip of her head surprised the lone wolf. Actually, everything about her surprised him, now that he knew she was the alpha of the pack. She didn't seem—well, quite how Sae imagined an alpha to be. Then again, he had only known the alpha of his family pack and their behavior.

My name is Myung Sae,” he offered in reply, dipping his head low, respectfully.

Would another wolf be welcomed to your ranks… Huángdì?” It was foreign, but an easy word on his tongue.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A low dip of his head, which pleased her, and an introduction as Myung Sae. He was quick to get to the point of his call, requesting a home with Yuèlóng. Though he seemed likable well enough, it was only customary to request he overcome a hurdle of sorts. And so she returned, Myung Sae, to know you I am very happy. We have room for more, yes- but, then, do you have any skill you can bring us? She inquired, though the little smile on her maw showed that her standards would not be astronomically high.
11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
He was surprised that it seemed so easy. It seemed that by simply asking, he was accepted into the pack. It seemed unreal. Maybe too good to be true. He supposed that he would learn whether it was or wasn't soon enough. He didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth though, in case luck was on his side.

I'm a fair fisher,” he offered. “I can also identify birds based on their calls.” Though he didn't necessarily know if that would contribute as any sort of skill.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
It might not have been so easy in other places, but Huā's standards weren't exactly high. Even back when Ying was here, the empress had been under her scrutiny for accepting three-legged wolves, sick wolves, and all sorts of odd characters who did not necessarily strengthen the pack. It was just her way, and her heart- and people grew within her ranks, she was sure, learned to get better at things, and anyone could be taught. 

And the man before her? A fisher (that was good, she noted,) and a... bird identifier? She smirked at that, not meanly but rather amused by this skill. Did it mean he could pick out a certain species' location when she craved a certain meat? It might come in handy then in hunting, she thought. Fishing is good. If you want to live on island, knowing to fish help, She chuckled, and continued, And, bird call identify... very odd skill indeed. But I like them both. Welcome to Yuèlóng, Myung Sae. Huā grinned, and then waved a tail as if inviting him to follow towards the land bridge. 
you can fade with your next post if you wish, or we can continue : ) either is okay!
11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
Sae preferred fishing to hunting. He enjoyed the water and enjoyed the taste of freshly caught fish over the meat of a rabbit or deer. Though, he would go hunting on land if he needed to. He had certainly done so on his journey here.

Sae smiled at the Huángdì, though his ears fell back, embarrassed, as she commented on his ability to identify birds by song. He looked as though he was about to say something, but stopped himself. Maybe when he was a little more comfortable with talking about his singing, he would tell her why he was so obsessed with knowing the songs of birds. He knew singing wasn’t a skill, but it was a joy to him. Maybe he could share it once he came to know his new pack.

Thank you, Huángdì,” he answered with another bow of his head. “I look forward to being a part of your ranks.

I guess that's a wrap?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
yep! will archive : )

He seemed shy at her comment, but she figured he would open up to her in time, as he settled into Yuèlóng and they got to know eachother. Another bow and a thank you, manners which she appreciated- and she returned a gentle smile to him as they began to make their way towards the island. Come, let me show you around... Huā would go on to introduce him to the basic features of the isle before they parted and went their separate ways, likely a time when he might search for a new den.