Neverwinter Forest everybody loves the sunshine
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
All Welcome 
being vague!
assuming this happens post-s*icide attempt.
attn: @Caerus or @Hotaru (your pick!)

fuck you, she whispered. liliana turned back to face their altar, her nose scrunching in disgust at the smell of her own waste. you’re not even real. 

miriam might have been irate seeing such a blatant act of disrespect, but yana couldn’t bring herself to care. what had the god and goddess done for her? from the beginning, they’d been absent at best, watching her without so much as a helpful nudge.

liliana was all alone, it seemed. she kicked a handful of leaves over the pile of poo and started to walk away, head hanging forlornly between her legs.
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Caerus had a new patient. He did not know what had troubled @Miriam so, but the effects of her actions had been clear, and he saw the truth of a world that hurt every individual within it. It seemed storm clouds hung over Neverwinter, making Cupid die and Miriam try, making Dad cry and Caerus starve himself. It was not the fun, rosy place it had been in his childhood, and he doubted it would ever be the same. 

His ears twitched when he heard the nearby sound of a girl swearing, and upon approaching to find Liliana walking forward with her head hung, wondered if it was he who had taught her such words. The rain fell on his sister too, and of all the little brats that he despised, she had dodged his hate- and thus earned his sympathy. The scrawny boy intercepted her path, what's up with you? He didn't know how to express proper caring concern- and his face scrunched into something slightly pitying and yet judgemental. Poor Liliana.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
caerus’s sudden appearance brought an audible gasp from liliana, but she did good to avoid becoming flustered. instead, she lifted her head and gave a small sarcastic smirk, continuing on her path with the assumption that he’d follow.

go fuck yourself, caerus, she mumbled under her breath. it was clear by the unnatural inflection of her words that this language wasn’t something she was used to, but it felt good to use nonetheless. she continued, things suck right now. that’s it.

but he was presenting himself as someone she could vent to, and yana was not one to pass up such an opportunity. i don’t get it, like, why can’t stuff just work out? why does something always have to malfunction? (literally)
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Her first response annoyed him, as much as he kept it cool on the outside. He wasn't exactly quick to forgive (look at how long he hated Asmoses for yelling at him once or twice,) and so he scribbled that bit on his little grievances list. Were he a counselor, he might've been more inclined to care about her problems after her comment, but instead he chuckled cruelly. are you dumb... that's literally what life is: shit always goes wrong. probably better you learned it now anyways, He laughed, and shook his head with a sigh. He looked to the sky briefly, and then turned his rubies back to her. our... our dad fucked everyone. even if my dad wasn't dead or your mom hadn't tried to off herself, there probably would have been other problems anyway. He shrugged. you can keep tryna solve your issues but you'll just get more shit thrown in your face by the universe.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
rude comments aside, caerus seemed to understand. liliana stopped walking and exhaled deeply before responding: she tried to replace me and asmoses, you know? that’s probably why she wanted to die; ‘cause i wouldn’t let her do it. some part of her was still upset with mal for not turning the orphans away, but that minor qualm could never compare.

she looked away, then turned back to consider her next words. do you love mal? or like, i don’t know.. what do you think of him? he’d been her comfort in the darkest times, but was that really enough? what kind of man was he proving himself to be, now that liliana could take a more objective look?
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
gonna say readers beware/mature-ish maybe just bc of slightly vulgar language? LOL

Caerus wasn't sure what to say about Miriam, and he hadn't met the supposed new kids in the forest, though he didn't care as long as Mal didn't try to adopt them, too. Hadn't he made enough? To Liliana's question, Cae was quick to answer: of course. he's the only parent, the only family i have left. it wasn't meant to be a rude comment towards Liliana or any other child- he just didn't see them as family, despite their blood ties. but, he... he isn't perfect. he had too many kids. And this time he did pause to give the girl a look that said, you. it should've just been me and him and my other dad, without all of dad's random sluts that he decided to fuck afterwards, and all their annoying-ass brat kids. Did Liliana know what fucking was? That had been explained to Caerus more recently, but it put an extra layer of weird on Dad's relationships with everyone. His nose wrinkled slightly at the thought and he shooed it away.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
slight transphobia (she sucks rn)

caerus must have forgotten that liliana was one his siblings, and by extension, one of those “annoying-ass brat kids”. she didn’t have a problem with his lapse in memory though, as it gave her an excuse to use some of the aggression she’d been keeping pent up.

you do know that you shouldn’t be here either, right? she taunted with a grin, your mom, or dad, or whatever — cupid was just as much some slut as all the others. none of them were married at the time of conception, which meant that every single one of his children had to bear the title of bastard.

liliana snorted and stepped closer. you’re just as much a brat as any of us, too. you know that? you fucking suck. she couldn’t help but laugh, feeling a rush of airlessness as she allowed her thoughts free-reign.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
anddd reference to r*pe. this thread :((

And here was one of the reasons why the world was so shitty. Open up to someone about your feelings and watch them stomp all over them. The silver kid suddenly reminded him of Zephyr with her taunting smile and girl-stink. Caerus looked away, not allowing his facial expression to shift, not willing to let her see how she could hurt him. He was a rock, he told himself a few times over. Then he looked back to her, you're a fucking idiot. you got attacked by some man when you were alone, right? did you mouth off to him like this? i can totally see why he went for you. Caerus laughed back, not knowing the entirety of what had happened in that case; only having heard from Dad that Lili was attacked. keep talking that shit. one day someone is gonna have a shorter temper than me and they'll kill you. honestly you're lucky you didn't already die when you got attacked.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
and guess what? both of my parents came to help me because unlike you, i don’t push people away. she sniffled and aggressively swiped at her eyes, not wanting to acknowledge her tears. i’d rather someone kill me than have to die alone like you. neverwinter would be better off if you croaked like your dame. 

liliana knew that she meant this, too, because she didn’t feel the usual guilt that might have accompanied such cruel comments otherwise. in that moment, she genuinely thought that the eldest of their bunch was deadweight, holding back any sort of progress to be made.

she drew a shaky inhale before continuing: and you don’t get to talk about that with me. if someone hurt you like i was hurt, then you’d know it’s not some sick joke.. or maybe you wouldn’t, since the only person you’re capable of caring about is yourself.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Her words stung. He wished he could tell Mal to kick her out- but of course Dad wouldn't, because he cared about his other kids just as much... even when they told Caerus he ought to die. my dad! He corrected her under his breath. Caerus was not usually a cruel-hearted person, but seeing her shake and cry felt good now, like a revenge for what she'd said about Cupid.

Unfortunately, at her final words, Caerus still didn't know what she'd gone through- and spat so fucking overdramatic. you talk as freely as you want about my dad and then you want to cry over that shit? grow up... what a joke! look at you, you're still alive! lucky little bitch. He snorted, as if i'd ever give a fuck about you. Yeah, he totally definitely hadn't felt sorry for her like five minutes ago. Definitely not. He gave her a cold look, and then made to walk away unless stopped, tail shooting upwards as if to declare himself winner despite his sore heart.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
dead whore. her mismatched eyes remained focused on his rubies, unwavering in their misty stare. she let him continue with his insults, deciding that his retreat meant she was the real winner, regardless of what caerus might have thought. 

she waited until he was a few steps away, then barked, fuck you, too! before making her own exit.