Whitefish River I'm not a flower
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim had been starting to explore more of the territory and really enjoying more of her freedom. She was learning more about the names of things, and often wondered why or who came up with the name of things. Then she started wonder how her name came to be or what it meant. So she went to find her mother to ask. She was curious now and couldn't put it out of her mind.

It didn't take long for her to find her mother. "Mom!," she called out when she found her. Her tail wagged when she approached. "I have a question," she asked then, her tail still wagging gently behind her. "What does Primrose mean?," she followed up with a question then.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count had slipped away from her duties if only for a moment to idle near the river. Since the heavy rains around a month ago, it seemed that the water level was finally balancing out to what it used to be. Finding a slower part of the current, Ira waded into the low levels testing the depth before dipping her head for a quick drink.

The low rush of water managed to cover the light footsteps that seemed to trail behind her as a small voice called out, one she instantly recognized and turn to greet. Yes, dear? What is it? She wasn't overly surprised at the request. Both girls had been venturing further on their own with growing minds and curiosity. 

What does Primrose mean?

Stepping back to shore, Ira blinked once not really expecting the question to involve her name. You want to know the origin of your name? She chuckled before taking a seat, her head tilting as she recalled the decision, First rose. That's what you are to me. Ira grinned as she leaned down to nose her daughter. My firstborn and my first beauty. Except she wasn't, but as far as the Count's memories went the statement was accurate.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim looked at her mother in the water but stayed away from it. She remembered that she was not supposed to come close to the river unless with an adult. Her mother was there but she explained about the currents and decided that water was not her thing, yet. She did like mud better. The girl planted her butt down and listened curiously to her mother. She nodded when her mother answered, to confirm she wanted to know.

"So I am named after a flower?," she asked, her voice couldn't really hide some of her disappointment. Her fierce orange eyes looked away from her mother. Her mother always said that she wanted her to be honest. Prim was not one to lie really. "I don't really feel like I am a flower. Speedy told me they only bloom in spring and summer and then they die," she commented softly. Like she was saying that flowers a weak. "What if I want to be more than just beautiful?," she wondered passionately.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The hints of disappointment did not go unnoticed as her daughter shied her gaze away, though luckily she wouldn't have to push for a reason. Prim had always been open with her. A hum vibrated in her throat as she voiced her desire to be more than just pretty. Well, that's true. The weather is too harsh in winter for flowers to bloom. In fact, you'll probably see the leaves of trees change colors soon and eventually fall to the ground. Ira kept her focus on her little girl, never once glancing away though her expression did soften.

A name isn't always what you feel, but it should represent you. Did you know I have another name? The Count quirked a brow with her question. Surely the girl didn't, in fact almost no one in the Teekons knew about her birth name. Only her father, who she insisted address her by her new name during their reunion.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim's eyes widened. "But won't it be too harsh for us to live?," she asked in amazement if even the trees dies in winter!!! She couldn't imagine a world without trees. What would everything look like? It would be very empty that was for sure. She had perhaps taken everything too literally. The girl frowned as she looked around, wondering if some trees were already affected.

"Represent?," she asked with a frown. She kept it on her face when she nodded. "I don't know what is me?," she said then, sadly. Because how would she know what is her. "Are there any other names you have for me?"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An amused smile quickly spread across the mother's face, Wolves are strong in numbers. It's true, it might get a little harder and wolves without a pack might find the elements too harsh to live, but we are safe here. Granted last winter threatened to wipe the river wolves out, but they survived all the same. In the end, the details didn't matter and there was no use scaring her daughter.

Ira tilted her head back in thought as Prim voiced her worries. Picking a name was never easy, the Gods know how many she had gone through before settling on her two final choices. Mostly other nature names like Rain, though I was fond of Renn... The Count shook her head as if she was shaking the names away, My ideas are my own though. You should pick your name, then it will truly be yours. It might take some time, but eventually, I'm sure you will find something.

Primrose never commented about her having picked a new name, but it did not concern her. She no longer identified as that person anyways. I found my name by reclaiming words meant to hurt me. Gods forbid anyone in the pack had insulted her child, but perhaps it would help get her wheels turning for something to represent her. Ira. A name with many meanings, some very powerful or reminiscent of the Gods, but the meaning "watchful" is what drew me to it. It's a story I'll save for when you are older, but to make it short I knew some very mean wolves when I was your age. I didn't have friends back then, I was alone, a watcher. They made fun of me and called me names, but I proved through actions all I had learned in my time watching.

For a moment Ira fell silent once more as she glanced back to her daughter. You don't want to be a flower. What do you want to be? She had only briefly dipped into the topic of trades with her children and while they had no need to name themselves something relating to their hobbies or interests, it might help narrow the options down.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim had always been a fan of stories. Anything her mother would tell her she would be hanging from her lips. So if she was with a pack, which she was, she would be alright. That did comfort her. She was really curious what to expect then. She thought the world was always going to be like this. But she had noticed that the leaves were changing lately. She meant to ask that.

Her mother started to explain about her own names. She was eager to hear the story, and even though, her mother didn't tell her the full story she did tell her about other wolves being mean to her. Her mind was reeling why would someone in the pack be mean? She blinked at her mother, kind of surprised. "Why would they be mean to you?," she couldn't help but ask.

"Wow. Your name really fits you, Momma," she spoke, her eyes beaming at her mother. She was her hero. She wanted to be like her. "I want to be like you!," she instantly breathed without hesitation. She lifted her chin up. Her tail wagged. "I wanna be as strong and wise as you! Oh-OH! But I also want to fight Monsters!!!" she added quickly. She liked it when she got to play with her mother and sister. She would never forget that time she was the monster and was attacking her mom. That had been fun.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira sighed as she tried to find a way to put it delicately, It's complicated. Again, I'll explain more when you're older, but to put it simply, the pack I was raised in had different values than the ones we have here. Blood was important to those wolves and mine did not belong. Pureblood. Ira could laugh at the term now, though she remembered a time where it had been the obsession of her focus. Though as she ventured away from her home it became clear how little blood mattered, at least in the sense that she knew. In fact, most here seemed to be disgusted by the idea.

Your grandfather did not belong with the pack, but he fell in love with my mother anyway. He would not stay though and my mother passed when I was far too young...so I was raised begrudgingly by the Alphas. The pack knew I did not belong and as a result, my sister and I were excluded or picked on. The Count shook her head letting out another short sigh. There would likely be questions from her daughter, but it reached into troubling times she'd rather not discuss yet with her children, not to mention the anger she held for so long upon finding the truth.

Luckily a smile broke through as Prim exclaimed her want to be like her. You wish to protect? Perhaps it should have been expected, Primrose always did seem to take after her or find interest in what she was doing. You should find a strong name then. One fit of a knight. Ira grinned as she leaned down to nuzzle the side of her daughter's face You know you're old enough to begin training if you wish?
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim didn't understand why her mother wanted her to be older so badly to know more. She couldn't figured out what would be different if she was older. Still her mother tried to explain it a bit to her, and for that was grateful. She wasn't exactly sure what excluded meant, or picked on. But she figured it was something bad. She just nodded slowly that she understood. She was smart enough to pick up that her mother didn't want to talk to her about this.

She couldn't even phantom the fact that her mother lost her own mother when she was young. Then again, she was raised without a father and that was normal for her too. 'What is my grandpa like? Where is he?" She asked curiously. She had her mom talk about him.

The girl nodded when her mother asked if she wanted to be a knight. "YES!" she beamed. Prim turned thoughtful again, she really had to think of one. "I will think of a name and then come and check with you if it is alright." The girl's eyes lit up. "I like that! I want to train!"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Could maybe wrap up here and start a training thread :thinking:

Ira couldn't help but smile as she pulled away before turning to look towards the mountains. Your grandfather lives on the other side of the mountains in a valley. He leads our allies, Easthollow. As for what he was like, she snorted, He's a stubborn man, stuck in his ways though I suppose the apple does not fall far from the tree. He is full of pride and stands as a pillar. Little would Prim know, he was a pillar in more than one way. He too is a protector. I suppose it's natural for you too to take an interest in mercenary skills.

As if on cue, the silver girl's eyes quickly lit at the opportunity to train. She was more than eager and the Count couldn't be more proud. You do not need to ask for your name is your own. Leaning down, Primrose would gain another kiss before Ira continued, From now on then you shall train as a Page under my own guidance. I will wait for you to pick your new name, then we will begin your lessons.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim listened with curiosity about her grandfather. There were many interesting things her mother mentioned about her grandfather. Stubborn, and protector. It sounded like her! She was curious to meet him. Sad to hear that he was so far away. "Will I ever meet him?," she asked. "So-- there are more packs out there like us? Having their own lands like you have, momma?," she wondered. That was interesting, how many would be out there? Five? Ten? All those questions she asked would be answered soon, as she didn't know she would meet him sooner than later.

Prim's eyes lit up excitedly when her mother said she would train her, herself. Her grey tail wagged excitedly and the girl couldn't help but bounce a lift. "Thank you mama," she hummed and snuggled into her. "I can't wait until we are fierce together," she grinned, she wanted to be just a though and cool like her mother.

Yes I will wrap it up here!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'll get another thread up sometime this week/ for sure next weekend :'^) I have tests this week. Feel free to archive if you don't have any responses!

Ira hummed a laugh, Well, to be honest, you already have, though you were too young to remember. But yes, there are many packs past our borders, some are kind and just, though there are dangers in packs just as there are dangers on your own. Not every wolf is kind. After all, she had to lend a paw to help push out what she believed to be a dangerous pack earlier in the year. She didn't want her daughters to have to worry about their safety or add any additional threats other than general survival.

That being said, your grandfather leads a friendly pack. They're family-based, and you, my dear, are family. She highly doubted Valette would take issue with her bringing the kids over. Maybe they would find friends in Easthollow as well, though Nutmeg and Primrose would have to make the journey first. Snow would be here before they knew it, but a trip might be doable before the storms. Perhaps a trip is needed before winter settles.

The Count smiled as her daughter leaned into her and returned the gesture with her own nuzzle. You can show grandpa just how fierce you are, she chuckled before pulling away giving the grey girl a nudge, but first let's get some dinner. Assuming there would be no complaints, Ira would lead the way towards the nearest cache.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim blinked when her mother spoke of her already meeting her grandfather. She was pretty sure that she didn't. She frowned deeply but took to her mother's words. She never felt like her mother would lie. Perhaps she was too small to remember. She didn't really remember much from the time she couldn't do anything. Prim only met kind wolves so it was strange to her that there were wolves who were mean. But, in stories there also were bad guys so to her it made more sense if she thought about it in that way.

"OHH YES PLEASE," she beamed. She really would love a trip to this family she had. She beamed happily, even more so when her mother mentioned food. "YES! FEERCE!," she beamed and then ran by her mother's side, trying to be the first at the mealtime.

- end -