Emberwood Till I'm Swept Up by the Shape of All the Centuries
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
There was no denying it any further. The Court was no more. She'd been a fool to think she was worthy of being their queen. Though her kindness unending, her understanding reaching out to all - different or the same - , there was something she'd lacked. A drive - a want for a position of power. She'd only chosen this path in the hopes of bringing hope back into this world. She'd forever remain that light, but the crown she'd unjustly carried was fated to stay behind. She wished not to suffer the same fate as the Empress... Perhaps she was afraid more than anything; of the responsibilities. Of the rejection. She was no savior.

After the moment of happiness, the fleeting bliss of togetherness, that had been Dante and her's official tie, the news of the fallen Empire had been the drop to fill her bucket. There was no saving what she'd built, but that did not mean her dreams had to end. She could be an answer, for someone, anyone, and that would be plenty. Those who wished to follow, were welcome. Those who didn't, were free to go. She'd miss them, as she missed all those that left, but she had to learn her court did not make who she was.

And then there was the fact she couldn't stop but wonder what had become of @Kynareth Deagon - she'd wanted to save him ever since they'd met. There was something, perhaps the Fates, that wanted them together. There was no other explanation for why they'd run into each other on so many occasions. She'd retreated into her chambers of silence, so she wasn't informed about anything that had happened the past few moons - if the Saints were still poisoning their land. She'd lost all hope to fight it. Perhaps darkness would forever rule, and that would be the end of it.

Dante? She called through the woods, Loinnir sitting ever stately upon her back. Love? I've fetched the last of our things, I was wondering where you...- Her voice quieted upon seeing the scene before her; her Half, her Mouse, saddened and some other woman there to comfort him - at least, that was her first impression. Excuse me... She said softly, lingering, unsure if to approach him or leave him be with this mystery woman. She'd let him decide.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Till I'm Swept Up by the Shape of All the Centuries - by Lumiya - November 17, 2020, 08:55 PM