Chimera Fields Vivid Purple
Trade 

How long had it been now? Since the Empire fell? Since she lost her family? Since she filled every day with nothing to keep distracted in the dark woods she now called home. It felt empty and she craved for something more. A semblance of something she knew, but what were the chances that she would find that? At some point, she had started walking and even as her paws took her past the tree line she didn't stop.

She came across a large field, slightly vibrant though duller than it likely had been. Despite the cold remnants of flowers remained, their forms wilted and cold to match the frigid air. At first, she had been excited, the meadow reminded her of the vale, though much like the vale this field seemed....off. A lot of the plants she was familiar with seemed off now. Everything was dying, was it an omen for more to come? She shook her head clearing the thoughts that intruded her mind. Not everything could be that bad. She was unlucky, but her demons had been handled. She was...safe now.

So even as she wandered the baren cold plains, she took in the sights with appreciation. It wasn't the same, but it was closer than dark woods. It was open here, with fresh air, cold as it may be. If only Haruki had followed her, she would have liked to share the moment or just think about the good they once had.
#DDA0DD speech, #66cc00 singing, pawprint, Hotaru's Playlist  4/5* 4/5*, * = incomplete threads
SHE'S LIKE KEROSENE
42 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"Hello there."

T'was not even sickly sweet, but more akin to what a mother's fondness would say to their children. The spook stood steps away, remaining where she was. Her eyes focused on the pale wisp before her. She knew how to handle children despite having none of her own. Perhaps the season would bless her? Perhaps not.

She had found no suitable men to lay with. It did not help she could not see their faces - though she was not a creature amused by vanity either way. If they wanted her, she would make them prove themselves. If they rejected such things, she found them not worth her time. But ahh, there was a little girl here. It reminded her of a story.

All alone in the world right now? She smelt of a community the spook did not know. Poltergeist's smile was gentle, warm - she knew how to play her part. "Would you mind terribly if I asked for company?" she coos "I have been lost, on the road for so very long... It is nice to meet another wolf at last."
1/5
0/5
A voice broke the lingering silence, something that startled her for a moment only until her eyes landed on the woman. She was pale, much like the wolves she had been used to back home. It felt like it had been so long that for a moment she almost mistook her for someone from the Empire, though she knew that they were long gone and her voice was not one she recognized.

Ahm...yeah sure. I...kinda feel the same honestly...but I have a home. A new home. It wasn't her home though, just a place that would tolerate her until she could handle herself, or so she believed at least. The other kids made it clear that she wasn't exactly welcome in Neverwinter. It's not my home home, you know? It feels like just a pitstop and... it probably is, but...Sorry— it's probably not the same. I think I'm just rambling now ahah.
#DDA0DD speech, #66cc00 singing, pawprint, Hotaru's Playlist  4/5* 4/5*, * = incomplete threads
SHE'S LIKE KEROSENE
42 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
She chuckles at the girl, amused faintly by her words. Though whether this was genuine or part of her act... it was unknown. "They say a home is a house unless you make it a home" the spook breezed, creeping closer to the youngling. She circled her, admiring her pretty features unmarked by life's harshness.

"A house is just somewhere to live for now. A... pitstop, if you will" she chooses the girl's words before her circling stopped and she slumped to her hind legs. "the others can try and force you to like it, try to make you feel included... but only you know what you want, no?"

She grins crookedly as the spook continues. "So what do you want, cherie? You must want something, a smart girl like you..."
1/5
0/5
Only she knew what she wanted? Purple eyes followed the woman as she circled her, something about it is slightly unsettling, though she doesn't stop behind her. The pale ghost of a wolf came back into sight, a grin on her maw as she spoke again. In all honesty, Hotaru wasn't sure what she wanted, something feasible at least. She wanted her mom, her home, the happy days with her siblings before every exchanged glance was filled with pain. What I want isn't possible.

Not in this lifetime. She wasn't strong enough nor wise enough. The only way she could even bring a glimmer of the past back was if she could rebuild the Empire, but she needed to learn to live first. I guess...what I want is a better story. But maybe that's just me with my head in the clouds. Her gaze dropped, finding her own paws as she let her rear plop on the frozen ground.