Stone Circle The mother stone is what I become
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He had missed her while she was gone. She was the only one he could really count on. His siblings were gone; he and dad never seemed to connect. But Valette had always been there for him. She stepped in when his mother had been mercilessly ripped from his life, and she and given him comfort and pulled him little by little from his scared little shell. 

So while she was gone, he kept mostly to himself. He never talked much anyway, at least not to the rest of the pack. He had spent most of his time near the borders, patrolling and waiting. 

Her call made him pause as he was making his way to the stones. He often went there to think. Luckily for him, it sounded like Valette was already there. He broke into a sprint, slowing as he arrived and taking a seat near his cousin. He returned Valette's smile with one of his own and the thump of his tail against the ground. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by rumbling. Kallik stood and looked around nervously. A movement made his gaze whip back to the stones just in time to see the mother stone sway and fall to the ground—fall on top of Valette. His eyes widened and his heart dropped into his stomach.

He heard Merrit cry out, but everything sounded like he was underwater—all muffled and far away. He couldn't breath; he tried but his lungs wouldn't fill with air when he commanded them to. All the panic and fear beat against him until it all came to head, leaving him with one single thought: he had to help her.

Kallik rushed forward and threw himself against the stone. He tried to wedge a shoulder between the edge of the stone and the ground but it wouldn't fit. He pushed against the side, but he couldn't move the weight. Tears began to flow down his face. We have to help her! he shouted at Merrit. We have to get this off. He shoved and shoved, but the damn thing wouldn't budge. 

Finally, he dropped to the ground, shaking with sobs. How could this be happening again? Why was he forced to be without his family? What had he done to lose his mother and to lose Valette? It's not fair he mumbled between sobs. It's not fair. What was he supposed to do now?
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
The mother stone is what I become - by RIP Valette - January 19, 2021, 01:45 PM
RE: The mother stone is what I become - by Merrit - January 19, 2021, 02:29 PM
RE: The mother stone is what I become - by Kallik - January 23, 2021, 09:54 PM