Firefly Glen like a soft melody
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
His silence gave him the space to listen, after she did accept his half-hearted offer for a spot, which something in him was thankful for. He kept his expression schooled to impassivity though as she explained, details coming forward, and only his ears shifted, a careful indication of his thoughts as he sorted through them. Lunaria, missing. It was a cold confirmation to another suspicion he had harbored, and one he had been miserably sidestepping lately thanks to graver misfortunes. I worried about that, he sighed quietly. Trace of her seemed to be getting scarce here. He stared into the trees, too. He had been pulled in too many other directions lately to have pursued Lunaria's trail specifically, which he hated that too..

She didn't say anything about going out or away before, did she? he asked, though had his doubts she would know more, even as Lunaria's friend. Keyni likely would have mentioned that already, if he had to guess, that is. In the weather, I know the Spear misplaced a few.. and hopefully they are all well enough too, he sighed again. He tried to be hopeful but it didn't translate well. His heart ached for young Ciri, and his aunt Nyx who had presumably gone after her daughter. Now, Lunaria among them. He supposed there was the hope she could still return to them. Without having to mark her a new gravesite, that possibility did remain for all of them.

By then, his ears had splayed, and he was a touch more pensive in his expression too. Thanks, he murmured low when he didn't know what else to say--to her having waited to say, to not having bombarded him all at once when he already run rampant. It was perhaps one of the more gentle setdowns of bad news he had faced lately, so far. If we had more resources to spare on looking for her trail, I would. I will see, though. Mentally he skimmed over his options but it was a tired go of it. And at least you found Howl while you were out, that's something. Something far more than what he had to show for his ranging, and there was no doubt in him that this was great news for Ravaryn, despite all the bad news elsewhere.
Messages In This Thread
like a soft melody - by Antares - February 17, 2021, 02:05 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 01, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 02, 2021, 01:42 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 02, 2021, 11:49 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 03, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 03, 2021, 10:46 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 01:12 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 04, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 04:14 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 08, 2021, 11:27 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 09, 2021, 01:45 AM