Firefly Glen like a soft melody
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
As he feared, there was not a solid lead to go on, or a good explanation left behind. He nodded softly, though he didn't like having to accept it any, fighting its harsh realities was not his battle right now. Keyni was certainly right in that winter had been cruel to them, hence his tired sigh over that matter. Antares was still constantly reeling, as just when he felt like he started to gain his footing, something new came to knock him back down. It was unlike anything he could have put words to, until now.

Other than a small glance at her, he kept his sights to the forest, even when he could feel her eyes on him. He was at least swift to answer that piece about life in the glen, and how he had once imagined it to be: Oh, not at all. I never once considered life without my brothers, let alone the Glen without them too.. he said outright, grief burning at his throat. The adjustment to this fact as truth was hard on him and all the while, he saw how it hurt his family too. His mother, most of all, suffered and that unnerved him as is. He shifted a bit too, deciding to stop that thought right there, swallowing it down uncomfortably. We went into all of this so.. whole, and strong. It was good, for so many of us it seemed.. and I hoped it was just the beginning then. But, truly.. winter's been unfair to us fireflies, he murmured, the distant look persisting beneath another weighty sigh.
Messages In This Thread
like a soft melody - by Antares - February 17, 2021, 02:05 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 01, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 02, 2021, 01:42 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 02, 2021, 11:49 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 03, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 03, 2021, 10:46 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 01:12 AM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 04, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 04, 2021, 04:14 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Keyni - March 08, 2021, 11:27 PM
RE: like a soft melody - by Antares - March 09, 2021, 01:45 AM