Redhawk Caldera I wanna take you into the sunlight.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"It's a plan." Rue smiled encouragingly. They seemed to be thinking along the same lines as far as den placement, which was good. Hopefully, all their parenting decisions would be similarly unanimous. 

Towhee prepared herself to get going, and Rue did the same, assuming that they would leave immediately to put their plan in action. No one really knew how much time they had before Towhee popped, after all. As they started off, Towhee spoke up to reassure her of "no homo," whatever that meant. Rue's roleplayer is pretty sure that Rue has never come into contact with homosexuality, and that she would not even be familiar with the concept. 

From context clues, Rue gathered that Towhee was trying to tell her that she did not intend to weigh Rue down with extended responsibilities toward this Redhawk litter or future litters, once these pups were weaned and self-sufficient. Rue nodded in understanding (even though she didn't actually understand, kek). 

"Okay, what else do we need to do..?" Rue asked after a pause. She was mostly just thinking aloud. Food. The pups needed food. While the pups were nursing, Towhee would be eating more and hunting less, so someone else would have to take up the slack. "One of us-- whoever runs into New Guy first-- can talk with him about hunting. Make sure he knows there will be more hungry mouths in a few weeks." Someone had mentioned that New Guy was going for a hunting role, right? Or had Rue imagined that? 

"Aand.. I can check in on Eljay. I'll tell him where the den is, once we decide, and I'll make sure he has his supplies there for the birth." Rue knew that they were dangerously low on medical supplies after the flooding wiped out their stores, but hopefully Eljay had managed to scrape together what he needed. 

Rue fell quiet, looking to Towhee to fill in with whatever else Rue hadn't thought about. Towhee was the one who had done this before, after all.
Messages In This Thread
I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 15, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Ruenna - March 15, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 15, 2021, 12:32 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Ruenna - March 15, 2021, 01:09 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 15, 2021, 01:19 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Ruenna - March 16, 2021, 10:48 AM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 16, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Ruenna - March 18, 2021, 01:36 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 18, 2021, 11:21 PM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Ruenna - March 19, 2021, 11:05 AM
RE: I wanna take you into the sunlight. - by Towhee - March 21, 2021, 07:45 PM