Ouroboros Spine take me back to a happy place
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
lane and antares are swapping in the post order <3

He flicked an ear and a quick glimpse to beside himself when Vallkyrie joined them too, noting that much before he gave Keyni his attention. She steered matters forward, and he was quiet to listen--though not without a short nod to say he did suspect what this might be. She could prove him wrong, but he knew very well that he needed to give voice to everything that had happened, and what he thought might come of it.

That she still held her respect for him enough to package it all like this was not lost on him, but he was inwardly searching for his starting point already. He also willed away his grief at not finding hide nor hair of Ravaryn since everything. Antares only hoped the cheery girl had made it away from here, safe beside her father--as Antares had hoped so badly for her. But now it was just another absence deepening the dark for him, and he wanted to think Keyni's respect towards him even now, was not entirely misplaced. She hit a lot of matters head on, though. Yeah.. the Glen is no more. I have gone back a few times too, trying to.. I don't know, convince myself. There is nothing there to return to, he said, jaw set firm over the words, and the finality they represented to him. And I do not have the will to force it to be, not alone, not now.. he replied, drawing off slowly on the admission of his failing. For him, a large part of it had died with Osiris, and disappeared with Atlas. He was only the ghost of what was left, a darkness snuffing the light that remained when Bronco had not come back.

His navy gaze flicked away then, but he returned it to her soon enough, determined not to think deeply on all the others here in favor of his own focus to get through this. There was one he was missing, worst of all. You are right about that, about all of it. To stay and integrate properly is the best, logical choice, he said, wanting to drum up the proper conviction. To help bolster Kukutux's own strength in exchange for being there when the fireflies needed somewhere to hide and regroup, it only seemed right to his heart. They had already been here long enough, some of them might already have good starts already. And I want what is best for those that still.. look to me with any respect, though it's feeling hard to deserve it. I know I have made you all wait far too long to hear what might just be obvious, he drew a slow steadying breath then.

To all of them, but Keyni most of all. So, point remains.. the choice is all yours now. I have.. something I have to do before I can completely make mine with no regrets still, Antares drawled, ending vaguely for himself, and an apologetic look towards Keyni. She already knew more than most, so he would not reveal more unnecessarily.. not unprompted in front of so many. It was a chance to let it set in, if anything, but with this, Firefly Glen with him at its helm was laid to rest. They were free of it, of him, so maybe that would be a weight off his shoulders soon enough.
Messages In This Thread
take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 07, 2021, 08:12 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 07, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 08, 2021, 12:50 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 10, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 11, 2021, 11:26 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Keyni - April 12, 2021, 10:52 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Vallkyrie - April 16, 2021, 04:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Adrastus - April 17, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Kukutux - April 18, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Antares - April 19, 2021, 01:22 AM
RE: take me back to a happy place - by Lane - April 20, 2021, 12:58 PM