Silvertip Mountain How funny it’ll seem to come out among the people that walk with their heads downward
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Merrick was the first to answer her call, and uncertainty flashed in her heart, piercing her calm for a moment; what if he didn't believe her? She swallowed and dipped her head, ears falling submissively as he spoke. Arielle could feel his piercing gaze as he studied her head injury—and then her fear was gone. There was a similarity between the spirit that gripped her mind and the energy of his presence; she felt they were almost one in the same, like he had merged with their deity in some way. 

She straightened some but was careful not to meet his eye. I was exploring, she started. Near the glacier to the west. The rocks there are slippery— She paused as the memory resurfaced. In the moments when she fell towards the earth, she had been sure she would die. But she hadn't felt anything when faced with the end of her life. There had been no fear or regret—just numbness. I fell from a cliff and injured my head. For days I suffered. She had no emotion as she spoke, like she were telling some one else's story. I was sure I would die there, but then I heard her, she continued. She was old and wise, and she watched from high up on the cliffs. Suddenly, she had known where to go. She guided me to a meadow, and there I found plants to treat my wound. I gained knowledge to bring back to Ursus. She paused and drew in a long, quiet breath, her expression serene. 

It was all meant to happen, she told Merrick. It was the only way I could understand.
Messages In This Thread