Snowforest Taiga i found my beat, it's in your sound
2 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
erendryn shivered as he watched the herd from afar, stomach twisting itself into painful knots. not for the first time, he found himself wishing he'd tried to learn more in his youth. meet others. freedom was wonderful, but more often than not erendryn felt overwhelmed by the challenges of living alone and away from the sea. at home, he could scavenge his food easily enough; he'd never really needed to learn how to hunt. the sea provided for him. 
here, so far from the beaches he'd grown up on, life was harsh and demanding. if he wanted one of those huge hoofed beasts as a meal, he would have to kill it himself. he wouldn't simply find a corpse laying around, and if he did, someone else would surely be there already. he'd learned that one the hard way, though thankfully without any lasting damage. he didn't dare try again, though. instead he followed the herd he'd been watching for days, trying to figure out a game plan. he just wasn't sure how he would pull it off on his own, or if he even could. maybe he would starve first.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Despite the hardships of the winter months, Aquene almost preferred it. Her fur was too thick for the summer; she wished she could have the best of both worlds: prey a plenty and easy to catch and a nice chill that went down her spine whenever she stepped out from whatever shelter she found at night. It made living difficult, the winter months, especially as a lone wolf… but she did not mind. There always came a thaw, all she had to do was survive through the winter. Moving as quietly as she could through the snow-laden forest, she kept her nose on the prowl. It was the only way to survive.

The hunger pangs ran through her belly and she tried her best to sate them. She’d managed a small rabbit the day before, and she’d used snow and water to try and keep herself full though it did little for her in terms of strength, it only helped with the pangs. She wished she could simply take down larger prey by herself but she couldn’t. She was expecting to catch a prey scent, not the scent of another wolf but the scent drifted her way and her ears perked up, curiosity burning in her chocolate orbs.

She made her approach, a soft shiver down her spine as she prepared for whatever this encounter would have in store for her. “Hello?” The voice rang softly through the air, hesitantly almost as she tilted her head, catching sight of the reddish and brown feminine form in the distance. From there, she could see the herd on the horizon and she could feel the saliva starting to pool in her mouth and her stomach grumbled once more. If she could just have a bite… then perhaps she would be okay.
2 Posts
Ooc —
a soft hello? startled erendryn from his thoughts. anxiety curdled in his already-painful stomach, but he forced it down and turned to greet the dark-furred she-wolf who had called to him. oh uh, hi, he said, immediately feeling tense and awkward like he always did around strangers. he almost said something else, but it occurred to him that he didn't have anything of worth to say to a stranger, so he left it at the greeting and watched the other wolf awkwardly.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Her attempt at communication did not have the desired results. He had seemed almost startled, Aquene not quite realizing the man was just that, a man, until he turned to face her and greeted her the same. A frown highlighted her features as her tail awkwardly drooped and her head tilted to the side with concern. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you. It’s just been so long since I’ve seen anyone else.” It had to have been days at the very least, perhaps longer, and being left to her own thoughts often got rather lonely. She dared to take a few steps forward, hoping that she came off friendly enough as to not startle the other wolf.

“I’m Aquene.” She greeted, hoping that a nice conversation might have him settle, or perhaps he was awkward in nature. Either way, she did not care, all she cared about was interacting, and perhaps they could both benefit from a hunt together. While they couldn’t take down large prey by themselves, perhaps they could find something a little bigger than rabbits in the Taiga to settle their bellies in the midst of winter. It was both for sociality as to not go insane, but also for survival.