Blackwater Islands torn wide
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi
Private 

she had been home for some time, sticking to the shadows to wallow in her failures.  she was disappointed in herself for how her trip to moonglow had gone.  how many places would she be barred from in her life?  this wasn't the first, and it stung to think it wasn't the last, though it was all she could bring herself to consider.  what if where she chose to live came to be the only safe place for her?

that, she couldn't bear to live with.  so she pushed it from her thoughts like a child might push away a plate of vegetables and took to trailing the shoreline instead.  the steady draw of the tide allowed her mind to float off to sea, and she walked in a trance, scarcely aware of her surroundings until she thought she saw something move in the distance.

"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Eeee thank you for starting! <3
I’m going to set a time of day at sunset so I can be a bit more detailed if that’s okay :)

The hellhound of Blackwater also slinks along the coast. His massive form is heavy, large paws sinking into the damp sand beneath him as he goes. The sun is out and it strikes the dark colors of his pelt. Turning the stripes of silvers, blacks, and whites into fiery hues. His eyes squint slightly in an attempt to keep the rays from burning his eyes with its stark brightness. His large set head is level with bulking shoulders as she saunters unknowingly closer to the small agouti woman, curled tail bobbing on his hip the entire way.

That’s when he sees the same movement she does. Bloody eyes zero in on her and he wracks his brain thinking of why she seems familiar. Then he’s remembering their last pack meeting with the listener — that woman was there. Though he does not know of her recent failures or even her name, he slinks further towards her to investigate. His stance is predatory and his eyes even more so as he approaches. His strides are languid though, he is not in a rush.

Once he is within a comfortable distance of her he would simply stop, allowing his nostrils to flare as he takes in her scent. Only to finally ask one question:

“Who’re you?” Comes his smokey, rumbling voice. Intimidatingly deep and rasping, his face keeps his usual scowled, emotionless visage.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi

i do not mind at all!! its v collaborative, i like it when people add depth to the thread
the way his tail is set upon his hips causes her shock at first glance.  she thinks it is a display of dominance, his formidable figure coming towards her in a blaze of fire and fury.  the moment passes.  he continues his steady approach, taking his time.  frozen, she does not move towards him.

his voice rumbles as he speaks.  an inquiry, an assertive thunderclap from his throat, lines set in his face.  his tone is unwelcoming.

my name is cerulean, she answers.  i am an acolyte here.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Awesome! Me too! ;D

His blood red eyes make a show of looking her up and down before immediately meeting her eyes. She’s small and soft. He could easily thrash her about in a moments time — in the blink of an eye really. These types of thoughts are normal for him though. He is dominant by nature and searches for signs of submission in those he believes should submit. She is one of those cases, along with everyone else he comes across. 

So he lifts his head a bit more than it was resting even with his shoulders as he regards her. “You’re the one who brought her sisters to Blackwater.” He comments then. 

He can smell the others on her, one particular scent he knows and does not have a good first impression with despite never meeting them. One of them was pissing around their caches. Only just now connecting the scents. He doubts it’s this one though, she seems too…docile to do something so disrespectful. He has yet to see though, so he will test her.

At that thought his brows furrow. “Why did you come here for refuge? Do you plan on staying? To pledge to the Listener and her druids?” He puts her on the spot shamelessly, expecting her to answer his questions. His tone isn’t extremely biting, but it isn’t quaint or flowery.
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi

she does not like the way he regards her.  it reminds her of both ramesses and lazuline.  the thought confuses her.  her breath comes quicker, her stomach tight.  her gaze is cast to the sand at their side, head low, tail somehow more lifeless than before.

i did.  she was tired of being interrogated by everyone she met.  she had nothing more to say on the matter. he would press her anyway.

she looks up at him, steady, a harshness setting in the shadow of her features from the falling sun.  because it was offered to me, she answers plainly.  i have already pledged my life to the listener.  her tone is neutral, but the exhaustion is evident.  i have performed her deeds.

and though she had lost the respect of moonglow, the listener had deemed her worthy to stay.  she was being harder on herself than necessary.  everyone else was hard enough on her as it was.

is something else required of me now?  her gaze turns tired, and she did not know if she had it in her to take on another act.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
At his tone of voice, she takes up a much more submissive nature. Of course, this pleases him. Only, her eyes hold a sudden harshness when she answers him. That too is good. It shows that she might not be totally weak and scared for her life in the face of the hellhound. Her answers supply this as well. A certain sternness gives her tone base and perhaps make her seem a touch less pathetic than Alduin initially thought when he laid eyes on her. Especially upon realizing that the Listener has already deemed her worthy to remain in Blackwater after all. Alduin doesn’t appreciate strays who stay for a few weeks and then leave whenever it’s convenient.

So he regards her carefully as she speaks, gaining and ounce of respect for him for not completely tucking her tail and running from him. He does see a bone deep tiredness within her though, one he can relate to. With no sleep, his past traumas, and a spirit leaning over his shoulder twenty four seven, he is also ungodly tired of everything and everyone.

After she is done explaining herself, she asks a question littered with that same type of exhaustion —

Is something else required of me now? 

Alduin tilts his chin up to her slightly. His eyes are still just as emotionless as before, but perhaps there is a pinch of amusement in them now. His mouth even tenses with a ghost of a smirk — though, not a complete one. 

“Perhaps.” He says sarcastically, maybe she’d be able to tell he’s fucking with her. He hopes she finds dread in his words at the thought of being put up to another test. “How would you feel if I expected something of you, little one?” He asks then, his voice low in what could be considered teasing way. 

He’s curious to her answer. It would tell him a lot about her. After all, he is the Executioner. If he expects something of her, it must be done.
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi
as a heads up: zero of her scouting threads have made enough progress for me to say whether or not they 'went well', so if alduin ends up asking it may put things on hold for a sec LOL

it doesn't matter how i feel about it.  there was no malice or snide edge to her voice.  it was fact.  her feelings never mattered, not to anyone.  and she had been through enough to know that she couldn't let her feelings get in the way of what must be done.  it is my duty.

if not to the listener, than to her sisters.

but if you want to know, i am — i am tired.  the word is lacking for the exhaustion she feels.  the listener sent me on a scouting trip, to three different packs.  akashingo was the furthest.  i don't mind.  but my sisters and i had traveled far to get here.

she gives him a bleak, humorless smile.  if you have something for me to do, i would not complain.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Okay I gotchu ;)

It doesn’t matter how I feel about it. It is my duty.

At those words Alduin hums low in his throat — a noise that could sound like an agreement. He regards her the same way he’s been: carefully, with a pinch of amusement. She’s not wrong and that answer satisfies him as well. At least she knows her place and duties. 

She continues though, mentioning that she is tired and honestly Alduin feels that. More specifically, she speaks of a mission the Listener sent her on. Three different packs? Akashingo rings a bell. His father spoke of them, a pack led by one of the old Saints down by the Mesa. It is a far trip and Alduin is impressed by her determination to get things done for the Listener. Perhaps she is worthy, though he has yet to think the same of her sisters who he has not spoken to yet.

Only then a tight, humorless smile would bloom on her pretty face. If you have something for me to do, I would not complain. She says then.

So again, Alduin hums absentmindedly to her answers. “Good answer.” He says, satisfaction evident in his tone. “Lucky for you, I have nothing in mind.” He teases in the smokey rumble of his. 

Though he looks back to her then, a circular brow raised and muted question in his eyes. “Are you sisters as eloquent as you? I would hope so.” Even through his question, his face still holds some of it intimidating scowl, sure not to get complacent around her with his humor.
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi
ur great.  very sorry for the wait.  even tho cerulean is tired of this thread, i am not -- feel free to keep going, or we can wrap and start anew.

she breathes a sigh of relief, which comes as a surprise to her.  she hadn't realized the tightness in her chest until it was gone.  if anything does, be sure to think of me.

he has more questions for her.  she hadn't expected the company, and she was not eager to stay much longer.  no, she answers bluntly.  even @Viridian, who carried herself well and was skilled beyond measure, was not as domesticated as her sister.  but they have their place.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Lmao absolutely no prob! We could probably end it with your next post <3

A sigh of relief falls from her lips and Alduin, almost playfully, rolls his eyes. Despite the words that come after, he can still see that she has to truthful want to do much right now. He would spare her the trouble — for now it seems. 

“Will do.” Is all he says to her then, but listens when she speaks of her sisters.

No, but they have their place. She says and he hums back to that. He wonders about the others for he hasn’t met them yet and is not quite sure if he wants to. Either way, he’ll dismiss her. If only so she can take a break for once in her life.

“Well then,” He hums out lowly. “go on about your day, take a break, bask in the sun or whatever you do.” It would come out in his usual drab, raspy tone, but with a touch of tease to it.

And they say he can’t be merciful.
109 Posts
Ooc — Kintsugi
works for me!  will archive.  we should have another soon

he has little to say to her comments, and she appreciates the respite.  she takes his permission as an excuse to lay her tired body down and get some well-needed rest.  when she awoke, she would feel substantially less creaky.