Blackwater Islands creep
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
the listener nodded as her new follower spoke, thinking then of merrick and his single keen, blood-maddened eye. the bear god's false prophet saw many things. knew many things. the druids would need to tread carefully to avoid that burning hell-forged eye of his.

that tulok could see this spoke well of his potential as a speaker, and so the listener was pleased when he inquired after the role.

as i said, they will be the faces of the druids. but there is far more to the role. the speakers will act as leaders under my own guidance, and advisors when i have a need for counsel. should you take the role of speaker, you will be required to specialize your skills. there are three paths. alchemy, the herbal arts; occult, the work of the mind; thaumaturgy, the path of warcraft. perhaps thaumaturgy would suit you...

as a speaker, you will also be expected to choose a silencer. your silencer will work exclusively under your orders, living outside of our sacred islands as a spy and assassin when needed. you will be responsible for your silencer's work, safety, and discipline should the need arise. i suggest careful consideration when choosing a silencer. it is clear to me that you need no instruction on the importance of loyalty.

the prophet allowed a small silence to billow between them, a moment for her words to settle.

the final and most important task of the speakers is the coordination and supervision of the work of the druids. those whose practice falls under your specialization will answer to you. they will receive their tasks from you and report their findings to you. any appeals made to the listener by a thaumaturge of low rank will first go through you.

if this is agreeable to you, i have a task in mind for your initiation.
Messages In This Thread
creep - by The Listener - January 10, 2022, 10:58 PM
RE: creep - by Tulok - January 11, 2022, 12:41 PM
RE: creep - by The Listener - January 12, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: creep - by Tulok - January 16, 2022, 06:17 PM
RE: creep - by The Listener - January 16, 2022, 09:28 PM
RE: creep - by Tulok - January 16, 2022, 11:05 PM
RE: creep - by The Listener - January 18, 2022, 04:06 PM
RE: creep - by Tulok - January 18, 2022, 06:25 PM
RE: creep - by The Listener - January 21, 2022, 06:36 PM
RE: creep - by Tulok - January 24, 2022, 09:19 PM