Bearclaw Valley [m] Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Don't be, she told him softly. Her nose found his fur, too, and she nuzzled into him. She wanted to be closer but she was already pressed completely against him. 

His question made her smile, a soft, amused huff filling the space between them. Arielle reveled in his affection. I could ask you the same— she froze as she suddenly realized something. The fog of need had lifted just enough for her to put the pieces together. The change in scent and his reaction to it finally clicked in her mind. Her heart started to thump erratically in her chest. It was too late to go back. She suddenly feared he would be angry with her. Aves? Her voice was shaky. She swallowed. I think it's my heat, she told him. Her eyes met his, afraid of what she might see there. I'm sorry; I only just realized. Everything had been such a mess, she had no idea how he would feel about having children; they had never really even discussed it. I could be...um, pregnant now. She looked away, feeling like a complete idiot. She was a healer; how had she not seen this for what it was?