Redsand Canyon Wipe the blood out of our eyes
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She chuckled softly alongside him, nodding eagerly as he did so. Yes, she knew just how stubborn all of the soldiers in Mereo could be. She recalled when Towhee had been stubborn about Aquene’s medical orders after her brush with death as well… feeding her own children, though she considered it more a motherly act than a soldier act, it had certainly helped that she had the mindset of a stubborn soldier.

She was admittedly quite pleased that he had been worked so hard for such a slight. She no doubt would have taken an ear for it, not that her father would have sided with her over a man in the long run… “He sounds like he was a good man as well… one of those wolves who gives you something to aspire to be.” She added, a touch of warmth over the soldier’s love and affection that he still clearly held for the man. She decided to not let him in on the fact that all good healers needed to know how to wrangle the stubborn ones.

She listened intently as he detailed the causes of his punishment, a frown on her features the whole time. “Germanicus has never punished someone so physically as to leave scars… I do not believe it in his nature. The worst I have seen is the boulder… before Kallik and I were close, he had lain with another while out on a scouting mission… the boulder was his punishment. Germanicus is irritatingly strict on the behaviors of the soldiers at times… though in this case, I understood.” It was a division of resources had that woman shown up pregnant at Mereo’s stoop.

“As a healer, I know the feeling… it pains me to have to treat Kallik’s wounds… to see him in pain. I fear the same for my sons, especially Nanuq with how he takes after his father. Seeing those we’re closest to hurt, knowing there is nothing we can do to instantly take away the pain… that is the greatest trouble a healer faces.”

A smaller smile grew on her features, leaning in almost conspiratorially. “Between you and I, I have chewed Germanicus’s ears quite a bit over things I thought immoral… I am never afraid to scold him when I think he is misguided. It's why I was surprised he offered me the role of Matrona. I thought for certain he must have been overjoyed at the idea of sending me to Epoch so he would not need to face me again in righteous fury.” She flashed a wink as well. She could be on their side, even if her charges were the civilians of Mereo.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - September 27, 2022, 11:30 AM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Aquene - September 27, 2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - September 27, 2022, 04:08 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Aquene - October 06, 2022, 10:34 AM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - October 06, 2022, 10:42 AM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Aquene - October 06, 2022, 03:56 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - October 06, 2022, 04:24 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Aquene - October 07, 2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - October 07, 2022, 08:54 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Aquene - October 07, 2022, 09:24 PM
RE: Wipe the blood out of our eyes - by Reyson - October 07, 2022, 09:31 PM