Hideaway Strath But every time you're there, I'm beggin' you to stay
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Trade 
A little group training session for the veteran/aspiring warriors of the pack, hosted by Arashi. Tagging @Sovereign, @Adlartok@Tsunari, and @Fenrir for participation. @Fury is welcome to spectate or join in. @Arlette, @Maiken, and @Veran are also welcome to participate, or simply spectate if they choose to do so. Allow everyone to post once before posting a second time. The first round will not dictate posting order. Those who are participating in the training session will post in pairs based upon the partner you choose for each 1v1 spar. Spectators may post freely throughout each round, but only do so once per each. Arashi will post between each round to denote the beginning of the next round. If you have any confusion on how this will work, please PM me and I will do my best to clear up any confusion! 

There were many warriors among them, including those who aspired to be such. Maybe even a few who could make use of some defense training. Arashi understood that one of his roles as general, was to ensure that all whom were capable had their fair share of training. And, as is appeared, he'd yet to test them in battle. 

Every fighter had their strengths and weaknesses, thus setting them apart from one another. In order to learn who needed improvement in what area, he would need to assess each of them individually. But rather than fighting them all one on one, it would be much easier to have them fight one another. So this is what he intended to do.

Where Fury would often call pack meetings, Arashi took a place beneath the stone. Lifting his head high, he called for those that would hear him. When they assembled, he would begin his speech. I have called you here for something that should have been done a time ago, but we hadn't yet sufficient members. While I understand you are not all warriors at heart, it is high time you learned to defend yourself. If they were present, the general's sharp gaze would seek their healers. Even though it was not in their station to fight, basic knowledge would be necessary. But for those of you that do aspire to further yourselves as fighters, let this be a time to take the next step in your training. You may even find yourself closer to achieving a rank promotion.

This training session will act as an assessment for me to see where you have improved and where you need work. Later, I will seek each of you out individually and work with you one on one. It would be a long and vigorous process, but Arashi was content and determined to see them all to their highest potential. Among this group, find yourselves a partner. They will be who you spar during this assessment. Do not seek out anyone who is equal in size, nor strength to you. Diversity will better allow you to hone your skills for any type of opponent you may face.

With directions given, Arashi would now wait for his commands to be followed. Once they were ready to do so, he would announce when each pair could begin.

-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Adlartok arrived first, and he didn't have the gauge of the land yet, but were he to choose it would be the femme @Tsunari. They were similar in stature and he had already sparred Sovereign and Arashi. He would also settle for @Fury if she so wished, but he knew she was mostly a spectator this time.

So with confident strides he would approach one of the two and see which was amenable to a spar.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken arrived on the heels of the elder of the Saints. She didn't much like to fight or spar, but she certainly could. She sought out @Arashi or @Fenrir. They were much larger than her, so she didn't know if she could beat them, but they would do well to help her hone skills she learned from watching her family and fighting to keep her life with her father.

It was a good thing, and she would be okay with it. Either way it went. She was a Svartravn, they didn't shirk.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

If it had been a summons only for her, Tsunari would have chosen to ignore it. But she was not the only sought, hence the feeling of obligation to attend. How would others see it if she bluntly ignored him, regardless of whether they were related? She knew that she would have no free passes here.

Stepping in line with the rest who had already arrived, the woman sat tall, confident against the barren stare of her blood and now, general.

When directed to select a sparring partner, she had no time to gauge those around her for a candidate before someone stepped up to face her: @Adlartok. Tsunari knew little of him, save for his name, but he appeared to be a worthy opponent. 

With a brief nod, she accepted his selection of her and shifted closer. The two, side by side, would then wait for the order to begin.
42 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He had been called upon. They all had. Fenrir was curious, to say the least. This would be his first time before the eyes of his daughter's pack. Not to mention the first beneath the stare of her husband, Arashi. A perfect occasion to show just who he was and what name he intended to claim for himself here.
They would spar, the lot of them. He was excited. It had been a while since he'd last fought anyone, whether a spar or true fight.
A woman, smaller than he, approached Fenrir when they had been told to find partners. He couldn't help but chuckle. Such a small thing against he? But as the general had suggested: they should not fight those too similar in size and build. It made sense. Such was a good strategy, thus he commended Arashi.
With an eager gaze, Fenrir nodded to the woman, @Maiken. I look forward to learning of your skill. Might I know the name of she who I will be sparring? They weren't here for conversation, but he would need to know for the future.
' ' It is a mistake
 to fancy that 
  horror is associated
inextricably 
    with darkness,
silence, and solitude.' '
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
This thread is now closed for spar participants. Members that still wish to spectate are welcome to do so. 

For further clarification, this will be the current posting order:
Arashi, Adlartok, Tsunari, Maiken, Fenrir. 

Spectators that join must wait until the order above is complete before posting. Do not disrupt the posting of each pair. It is set up this way to prevent any confusion.

Arashi had observed all the while. It did not take any of them long to select their partners. Though, he was skeptical of Adlartok's choice. Not only had the blade blatantly chosen an opponent similar to his stature, he'd chosen his sister. This would be an interesting fight; one he would have a keen eye on.

Your opponents have been chosen. You will spar until one, or both of you cedes. I will be observing each of you closely, so perform at your best so that you aren't improperly assessed. To each, he passed a firm glance. Arashi would wait until it seemed each had heard and were prepared before allowing them to begin. When ready, you may begin.

-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok hadn't been certain of who else to choose. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to choose. He was compensating for his own wound. The other male he didn't know either. He didn't want to choose Maiken.

Artok moved immediately into a stance of aggressor, and went for her shoulder. Holding his weaker leg away from her, compensating for his injured shoulder. Tucking his throat so that she couldn't reach his scruff.

not sure if you need rolls or not 8 hp: 30
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
I say we simply play it out, without the use of rolls, if that's alright with you!

They could begin!

Oh, Tsunari trembled with excitement. It had been ages since she'd last sparred. 

No longer did she care for the stare her brother bore, for her opponent charged willingly. She turned to face him, ready. Ready to come out triumphant.

The man clung a grip upon her shoulder, tightly. A wince was forced upon her expression, but she refused to entertain any other exhibition of pain. With what muscle she held in the ventral portion of her body, Tsunari pushed back against him. Then lurching her neck over his, her teeth reached for anything they could snare.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
I'm Maiken Svartravn. And you are?

At the call to start, Maiken immediately went into an aggressive stance. She would use her size and speed against the wolf in question.

So without further ado, she aimed for his under belly and sides, dancing away if she connected and then back for more. Brown eyes flashing with the light of fighting and fun.

She preferred healing, but sometimes it was nice to just give in and spar for the sake of a spar. Use muscles normally less.