Redsand Canyon for the fish, the lake in which he lives is the universe
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
The woman's words were blunt and slightly defensive. Kallik had no issue with directness, and his walls were too fortified with anger and guilt to allow others words to affect him in any way. Of course, Kallik answered with no emotion. I would not expect Mereo to sacrifice its safety in that way. He did wish that Aquene had taken someone with her, but he knew she wouldn't have allowed it if it meant Mereo would be vulnerable. He was here to stay; there was plenty to distract him from his despair while he waited for his wife to return. He would just have to keep his mind from going to the worst possible outcome. 

His attention turned to the imperator. It seemed they grieved similarly. Ruenna had left Mereo with two of their children in tow. The way in which they had lost their families was similar even if the reasons behind their departures were different. He could see the flicker of pain in the imperator's gaze; it was the same he often had in his own gaze. 

But Germanicus was always already working to change things in the absence of his wife and Aquene. He wanted Kallik to be a part of Mereo's evolution, and of course, Kallik would accept. He nodded. Whatever you need from me, I will do, he vowed. He owed Mereo too; he had left them without one of their guardians; even if it wasn't his fault, he still felt the guilt as keenly as if he had chosen to stay away.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: for the fish, the lake in which he lives is the universe - by Kallik - December 13, 2022, 06:15 PM