Two Rivers Isle You think you know my heart
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Ady smelled more and more bodies in the isles. And she moved through the trees, graceful, ethereal as she was taught. As she was built. But there was an excitement under her chest that burned there. She and Ulrich, they were growing something grand here. Something to be proud of. They were taking everything that had been thrust upon them, and damaged them, and turning it back around to something beautiful.

Never again would she be forced to hold counsel of someone she disliked. Never again would Ulrich be forced to lay his life down for king and country, just because he was ordered too. It was heart warming and also frightening. 

All these new things, these changes. She barely had time to keep up with it. Her mind was full of what if's and the history of her families there. So on this day, she went in search of a distraction. She would seek and search for the herds that bordered their lands. She didn't really know much of seeking, and finding out herds ,but she was doing her best to learn.

She hummed a song under her breath.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
iseul has seemingly picked up a lucky streak with her place in the two rivers isle. the land seemed quiet, chilling at times when the wind howled, yet beautiful in all the same ways. it was certainly unique and unlike any place she had ever seen. even the beach was a tad more familiar than this seemingly stranded island in the middle of the land.

the girl had tasked herself to be useful, as one always is when given a chance to prove themselves. her hunts on this land have been strange, as the mammals that burrowed and bounded were certainly different than the ones from home. however, she knew of fishing, and when the rivers cleared of their sluggish ice, she'd be better suited. but for now, she's managed to find a 2 deer mice (though she's already eaten one in its entirety) and a groundhog. 

the little rodents dangle from her jaws as she wanders through the isle in search of the caches. but even better would be to have the meat eaten now. despite iseul's preferences for aged meat and other fermented delicacies, she had a feeling this custom was perhaps not favored by others. besides, the hot blood of another did wonders of warming her up.

when the song of another comes into earshot, iseul looked around for the source. and out marched something wonderous, a woman dressed in the finest of parkas seems to wander. based on her smell, iseul wondered if this was the wife of Ulrich. and if so, it was better to provide some sort of hostess gift as a show of thanks for allowing her into their home. as she approaches, her posture is low and the girl offers the empress a chuff of greeting, testing to see if she would be just as cautious as her husband.
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady hoped that all the new faces that she and Ulrich, mostly Ully had allowed into their pack were good. That they were true to the things that Ully and Ady wanted for their little home. 

IT seemed that many of the members that made up their new ranks were already starting to make themselves as useful as possible. There was not much large game here yet, but Ady was certain it would come with spring. For now she was just glad to have the small prey animals that they had. It filled their bellies, if not their caches.

A movement out of the corner of her eye and she turned swiftly. A wolf larger than even her beloved, was walking towards her Prey animals dangling from her jaws. She was dressed in greys and browns. She grew closer and Ady was taken with the eyes of hers that looked like evergreens. A wolf of forest and moss, how delightful. Though her size made Ady feel even smaller than she usually did. She ignored it and instead met the newcomer with a sweet smile.

Why Hello! What's your name? Her tail wagged. She kept herself tall and straight, because she knew how to do that. Because it was meant for her to do it. Small head tilted as brown eyes blinked at the girl.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ah, they seemed a bit like a foil, didn't they?

her tone was light and welcoming, causing a sheepish smile from the younger woman as she approached. iseul is quick to lay down her kills before the tiny woman and steps back. instead of the formal bow that she once offered ulrich, iseul decides to modify it so it did not come off as extreme. her head dips itself gently, a few inches from touching her chest.

"iseul," she says quietly as her paw motions over to the kills, "for giving home." an offering, hopefully, one in good taste. in western culture, perhaps it seemed a bit old-fashioned to be bringing gifts to others as thanks, but for iseul, it was a rather modern thing to do when visiting others, or when trying to show deep gratitude. either way, iseul did not want to keep making mistakes by behaving in a way that was seen as unnecessary by her new leaders.
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady gave the other female a delighted smile and her tail weaved behind her. Brown eyes alight with mischief and happiness and a gentle dose of kindness. It was so nice to have others, and this one was so kind and so respectful. But not overbearingly so. This was nice she liked that.

It is wonderful to meet you Iseul. I'm Adylaide.

She saw the kills and her smile if possible grew and she wiggled a little. Oh Thank you. You're too kind. Would you like to share some with me? Did you eat?

Ady lifted her head and tilted it after a brief smell of the creatures at her feet. It was nice to be giving things, but even nicer to share them. However, she wouldn't press the issue if Iseul had already eaten.

What do you like to do Iseul?
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Adylaide.

that would certainly take time for iseul to be able to repeat. Ulrich was a bit easier, as it had similar phonetics to her home tongue. but with time, Iseul held confidence that she would be able to handle the differences in names with enough practice. her English was becoming stronger the more she spoke with others of the wilds, but she needn't become overly confident in her communication skills yet.

"one." with a small nod of her head, looking towards the little mouse that lay with the groundhog. while it certainly was not filling, it felt better than a growling stomach. besides, it was bad luck to be greedy with food. however, iseul did not want to seem rude if she declined and she decided to take the other mouse in order to leave the other woman with the larger kill.

she would take the lead and soon rest on her haunches, wondering if the queen would join her in such an act. normally the esteemed would have some sort of elevated mat, though this is something iseul did not have handy with her at the moment. and before taking the mouse back into her mouth, a question is asked.

what did she like to do? while in her youth, iseul could ramble about the many things she would do at home with her family. but by herself, what could iseul even bring up? "stars," she would start off, "i watch them." she certainly needed more brushing up on her astronomy lessons, but she could recall a few major stars her mother was able to point out at night. not to mention they were useful for navigating. "and flowers."

well, they were also pretty to watch at least.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She hadn't thought about sharing her nickname. So used to her own name, she didn't think that others may not have difficulty saying it. 

Ady was a little surprised to see the other only take a mouse, but perhaps she had eaten earlier? She hoped so, because if not, Ady would certainly feel greedy and selfish about it. 

Adh pulled the groundhog close and settled to her own haunches. Brown eyes studying the other. A smile lit up her face at the mention of stars. She hadn't ever really watched them to much, but she enjoyed them and she loved flowers. She didn't know a tulip from a rose, but she enjoyed the sight of them and their smells.

I can't say I boast a very good understanding of either stars or flowers, but i can certainly attest to the fact that they are beautiful. Though there's beauty everywhere if you look for it. Are you a naturalist then?
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the stars were one of the biggest things that kept iseul grounded in her family. while her father's side was well-known for strength in combat, iseul's maternal line was talented in reading the stars for heavenly messages. perhaps a bit outdated but serving as a belief for many, iseul's long lines of maternal figures believed heavily in the connection of the stars to the earth in some wonderous way. 

she would nod towards the other gently. "trying," she says to her, "always learning." it was the life of a young scholar, holding a strong desire to learn more of the world and more of themselves. "what does adylaide do?" perhaps something even more beautiful than stargazing and flower watching?
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady had always wanted to learn more about stars, but it was not considered the correct thing for a princess. So she had to let it go. She however, continuously watched them. Learned what she could gleam, just from listening. She knew maybe two constellations and they made pretty patterns too, that she herself could connect.

Ady frowned. I'm afraid I don't do much. I'm quite worthless really. I only recently learned to hunt. My parents felt that I needed to know more of how to conduct myself in group settings, and around nobles that could possibly ask me to marry them.

Ady didn't like that truth, it was facts that she hated about herself, but she was learning now. And she supposed that was all that mattered. I can dance, Sing. I know craft lore and I can bridge the gap between many different cultures with my knowledge of them.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
her frown worried iseul, had the girl asked the wrong question, did it offend her leader?

but with explanation, iseul soon realizes that the frown was not directed towards her but instead was meant to convey how adylaide felt. and although she had merely only met here just a few moments ago, iseul confirmed to herself that she did not like seeing pretty ladies frown.

"worthless?" she mimicked with confusion, brow quirked in the slightest. "not worthless." iseul never really believed in the whole self-depricating behavior that her sister often displayed in times of poor mental health. iseul always had to think of ways to chase her sister's storm clouds away, and now her talent would come back into play once more. when she hears something that she recognizes, iseul can feel her tail begin to thump against the ground in a happy manner.

"부채춤," she says to the other, a bit more confident as the word was familiar, "dancer! very important." a swift nod of the head, as if it was final. these female dancers were an important aspect of culture in iseul's homeland. often done in a group with branches full of bright camellias, these dancers were important in celebration. iseul had seen the intricate dances with her own eyes and wondered if dances held such significance in Adelaide's home. "in homeland, 부채춤 is dance. only most beautiful like adylaide dance it."
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady tilted her head. She wasn't trying to sound down upon herself, but it was true. She really had no redeeming qualities for skills wise at any rate. As hard as it was to swallow.

Iseul didn't seem to mind her momentary blue moment. Instead the other woman wagged her tail and looked thrilled to bits like she knew something that Ady didn't know. This was good. She liked having others around her.

So Iseul had dancers in her home and they were important. Ady smiled and then asked. Could you teach me to do it? I know quite a few dances, but I don't know this one.

She looked at her hopeful that she could teach her. It would be nice to try something new to stretch her muscles once again and show her joy with movements.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
iseul was not slimly built like the dancers she had watched as a child. with her large paws and thundering gait, gracefulness was not always a strong point in herself. yet she felt the need to try; not to mention she would find joy in participating in something that reminded her of home.

she nodded towards adylaide gently. "부채춤 is slow," she starts off as she stretches out her legs and back in hopes of getting a little more fluid, "like flower in wind." the dance's history was rich in the sense of what it was meant to trademark-- the beauty of the culture and even more so the beauty of the dancer. 

"dancers hold flowers in 부채춤. usually are...여덟, ah–" a shake of the head, "–eight or ten dancers." secretly iseul was quite happy she had no use for numbers, as she had yet to learn past the number 10 in English.

sadly, there were no flowers this time of year, nor barely any foliage either to grasp onto. iseul would have to dance and simply hope adylaide could use her imagination to fill in the blanks. "ready?" she asks her, feeling anxiety flutter within her stomach in hopes of doing this dance properly for the showcase.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady couldn't quite hide the smile that lit up her face at the other wolf's agreement. She watched with enthusiasm and grace. Excited to learn something new. It showed in the plains of her face, and the snap of her eyes. Ady was a firm believer that everyone could dance. Some it just took a little more practice than others, but that didn't make them worse or bad in anyway.

Ady followed her in stretching poses. It was always a good thing to make sure your body was fluid and well warmed or risk injury. That was not something she imagined Ulrich would be pleased with.

Ady made a few small steps reminiscent of how a flower moved along the windy day. Her body stretched and moved to mark the moment.

Ready! and by the way you can call me Ady.

Then Ady waited her tail wagging, in position that was shown. How wonderful, a fun time she hoped to be had by all. She couldn't went to watch and learn.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
*cracks knuckles* future apologies if this turns into a monologue! (also here is a fun source of what the dance actually is supposed to look like with people! you can kinda(?) follow along with what I'm writing as the steps these ladies go through)

she was ready, and now seemingly invited her to call her a shorter version of her name. and while this may not seem like much to any onlooker, it could have meant the world to iseul. honorifics were important when addressing others (though to avoid confusion, iseul has had to force herself to not add them to the names she's heard), especially if they were older or held a certain title of power. the fact that she's being invited to drop such formalties invites a feeling of closeness to ady that iseul was not expecting. and the girl could not be more pleased about it.

so, upon her request, iseul starts the dance. 

she would face out to the side, allowing her neck and back to flow together upward and downward as if it were following an ocean wave. while the dance certainly looked prettier and more hypnotic with the flowers, iseul would have to make do. now comes the stepping part, where iseul crosses her front legs and hins legs over one another as she steps towards the side, still allowing her body to flow as the fan would.

after a few difficult paces across, she comes to make a pirouette while face outward. her body still moves rhythmically as she steps over her paws. this part of the dance was when the dancers would have their tails on the inside of the circle together as they'd spin, creating this wonderous illusion of flowers (that again, poor ady would not be able to see).

iseul comes back to face ady after her pirouette and moves with the breeze that blows through the cold air. now would come something a little more unusual. pointing her head up, as if she was trying to bend her body into a u-shape, iseul makes 2 tight pirouettes and comes to settle with her chest and front legs on the ground while her hindlegs remain standing, as if she were in the play position.

not once does her body remain still, as she continues to rise and fall with the silent ryhthym she has in her head. soon her head begins to sway one way to another like a flickering flame slowed down. this was a point where the lead dancer would take over in a more obvious way, though iseul was not quite sure how to convey that. but maybe this would be a good stopping point, as the dance was quite long and tedious. ady would only need to know the most basic of steps.

the girl comes to stand now, looking towards ady to gauge her reaction. "it is long, no need for all of it." besides, iseul's memory was a liiiiiittle bit fuzzy about the rest of the dance itself. "what think?"
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
oh it's so pretty 

Ady felt her name was so formal and stuffy. An old lady name. She preferred the shortened version, and heavens the only one that knew her full name was Ully and he never used it thank goodness.

Ady watched with a gleam in her eye. She mimicked a few of the moves. So that she could more join in at a later time. The first part reminded Ady of water, when it went up and up and then back down. She crossed her legs and tilted her head.

There was a pirouette! Ady knew this and followed suit with a smile on her face and eyes alight with gentle poise. So fun. She loved dancing.

Ady traced the u shape and did it once, twice, three times before she was able to mimic at least enough that it looked enough like the one Iseul did. Bobbing head and movements. Then a graceful stop.

Ady sat back and pounded her tiny paws into the dirt. A smile on her face. That was beautiful. Can I try it with you?
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
it really is mesmerizing to watch! when spring comes iseul and ady can do it with all the pretty flowers together <333

she watched carefully, and iseul feels her ears fall against her skull in a bashful manner. it had been many moons since she had danced, and it brought a certain feeling of joy to the girl. so when ady comes to ask to try, the girl would give her a nod.

"first part, steps," she tells her as she side steps and allows her legs to cross over the others as she does, "can do?" it would be a (really minor) test to see if ady picked things up quickly as a natural dancer or if this specific routine would need more hand on care.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes Please <3<3

Ady hadn't meant to make her friend shy. She had just wanted to join in and show her that she was appreciative by learning in return. But she agreed and a smile lit up the brown eyes of the former princess.

Ady follows along. Legs crossing. Can do. Ady moved into the position pretty quickly. There was a little hesitation, but she quickly was able to rectify it. She had learned to dance as a child. She had to remember much of it, but that was alright.

Like this?
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
"like this?"

ah, it was practically all on point! she wasn't kidding when she said she danced, perhaps she knew of this step already? either way, it certainly impressed iseul to see another being able to partake in the cultural dance successfully. "yes," says iseul with a gleeful nod, "and then, the uh--" oh damn it she couldn't think of the word. she hasn't quite figured out her shapes, so instead she just does a little imitation of the pirouette and hopes ady gets the idea. "that one." she says with a sheepish smile, watching the other tiny lady with excitement.
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ady hadn't know this dance. Some of the steps. Yes. Because they had been similar to ones she had learned before. A small thrill licked along her sides as she realized she was enjoying this. It had been so long since she could just dance freely. Not to share with a suitor or to make her mother or father smile. No this was just for her and a budding friendship and it meant so much more to her than any other time.

A pirouette! Ah Ady knew this, she moved easily into one and trilled a small huff of laughter and joined ehr friend. She followed behind. Excitement lighting up her eyes.

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
she truly was a dancer, no lie there. the little lady had picked up the steps with ease and iseul honestly was glad that the girl did not fumble with the steps. and one day, perhaps when they are closer and when the weather says spring, the dance can continue with the flowers as it was meant to be.

"i am happy," she tells ady with an honest little laugh, "부채춤 can be, ah, hard to know for some. but you learn quickly!" iseul would feel a certain amount of (healthy) jealousy for the woman dressed in white. dancing was difficult for her at a younger age, as iseul's paws are larger and easier to trip over, not to mention she often towered over the others in the line. ady was a bit more to scale as to the desired figure of the dancers.

with time, and perhaps with coaching too, ady would be a welcomed dancer into the fan dance group. but until then, iseul would have to focus on other things. speaking of, she realized that this woman was probably a walking source for a map of the land, something iseul needed to learn quickly herself.

"would... would ady show iseul the land?" iseul preferred to have a guide when it came to these things. after all, the smaller woman ought to have a better sense of direction in the isle than the non-native, right?
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Fade? Thank you so much for the thread. As always your charies are darlings and i love them.

Ady couldn't wait until spring for many things, but now she had more to look forward too. And she had a friend to look forward to it with as well. It made her so happy. She hadn't ever really had one before except for maybe Ully. Everyone else always had a reason whether they needed something from her, or her family, or they were bettering themselves. Always something was needed or wanted.

I'm glad you're happy. I'm happy too. After all dancing is more fun with a friend isn't it. 

White plume stirred the air behind her as she wagged it in absolute contentment a small humm in her chest.  Had Ady known the other felt Jealousy, she would have done her best to ease that some. Even help the other woman if she needed it. Because she didn't want her to feel left out or awkward. No that was not her intention. She had wanted to share something of herself with this female that she liked.

Oh! Gladly. I would love too.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
fading! <3

friend, is that what she was already? not an acquaintance or just a civilian, but a friend?

iseul didn't mind the new title. so, she'd happily come to join her friend and follow her to all of the important locations of the isle. she'd commit to her memory the places the little woman claimed to be her favorite, and would remember the spots that were safe or perhaps a bit questionable. and throughout the entire time, all iseul can think of is having a friend beside her.