The Sunspire Restless
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain

The day after her encounter with the loner, Rain seeks out her Alpha. She is starting to feel restless and apart from the pack, having not met anyone lately. She lifts her lip in a snarl, if there was a healer in the pack she would have loved to run into them by now. Usually she would avoid healers after a fight, but her most recent injuries are in need of attention. Even after a day her paw still bleeds, though not as much, and the pain has continued to worsen. She can barely place any weight on her paw and try as she might to keep it clean, dirt finds its way into the wound. The scratch on her muzzle is not so bad as her paw. The blood has dried, leaving her looking as if she tore into some rabbit. Though pain still throbs from the slice that starts at the top of her muzzle to make its way down underneath her chin.

She sits on the cliff path that she had taken and lets out a long painful howl. She is sure that someone will find her soon. Hopefully Amekaze and a healer.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
posting from work on my phone so mind any autocorrected nonsense that slips by <_<

The howl that finds her ears proves an effective distraction, and the dark-furred Rikudou shifts her path accordingly. While she does not know the meaning behind the howl in full, the undertone of it gave her a hint; something was amiss. Her skin prickled subtly at the thought as she bit back the urge to assume the worst.

She arrived quietly on the cliff path and was already eagerly observing the wounds decorating the agouti female. While not life-threatening to the female who had seen the worst of what war would bring, concern blossomed with a low rumble from her throat. "Rain," she chuffed as she eased away the distance between them, sniffing softly as she did. "What has happened?" They did not smell fresh, as in having occurred within the hour, but all the same, she was looking them over carefully. Her green eyes settled onto her paw, having narrowed that down to what was likely the worst of it. Injuries to feet and legs were, to her knowledge, quite able to make matters difficult.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
You should try using mobile more often. There are some really funny auto corrects. I got what you were trying to write though, so no worries there.

Amekaze is quick to arrive, asking what has happened. "I spotted a loner hunting in our territory," Rain answers dutifully, straightening. "She was a tough one to run off. I gave her a few injuries to remember us by. Hopefully we won't see her around again." She brings her paw up asking, "Do you know how to stop the bleeding? It's been a day since the fight and it still hasn't stopped." She licks the slow flowing blood off her paw with a wince. She is glad to see Amekaze again, though she wishes that it were under better circumstances. Rain feels that she should probably spend more time with the alpha, but with a certain question dancing in her mind she doubts that quality time will be happening for a while.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
lmao i am just not a fan of typing replies via mobile and don't think i ever will be. i don't like battling autocorrect AND trying to sneak while boss isn't looking... not that we've actually been particularly busy these last few days (though i still have to pretend to be while she's in, bleh, which is almost worse). >___>
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her ears flicked and then splayed to the news of a loner needing dealt with. She wrinkled her muzzle in distaste, although certainly not towards Rain. Mm, hopefully, though it will be ugly if she is so unwise. Amekaze did not know of the individual she spoke of, and was only able to infer that they were in fact a female. Very little else. However if she was injured and willing to repeat-offend, Amekaze could not guarantee she would live to tell of it. Surely she left in worse shape than you, Amekaze chuffed as she moved even closer, inspecting the wound on her muzzle. Then, her attention was directed towards her paw as she explained it had not ceased with its bleeding.

While she knew there were many plants with properties to help stop bleeding, there was one that grew plentifully, was simple to come across, and had several uses. An old stand-by for the Shikkotsurin wolves thrust into warfare and an easy one to come by, which was why they used it at all. Yarrow may help. I have heard it called Soldier’s Woundwort as well, for good reason. Fresh leaves can slow bleeding, she murmured with a look of careful concentration. More and more, she was wondering if she ought to pursue more knowledge of this sort to aid her wolves first and foremost. It was becoming an in-demand skill despite her uncertainty in offering much treatment. If only she knew of a suitable mentor. It grows in meadows, usually, and should still be relatively easy to find.. although the leaves may be a little bit dry, considering the season. Can you walk on it well enough? Are you keeping it clean? she asked, rapid fire with the questions as she considered the best stretch of grassy mountainside to head towards in search.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
I don't mind mobile as long as it's on my kindle. No auto correct to battle, lol

Rain wags her tail, thinking of the wolf she had ran off. "Trust me, she left with some nasty wounds as well. She was a good fighter, it's a shame that she has not taken to a pack." Even though she hopes that the loner doesn't come around, a different part of her still wants to meet the wolf again.

"Yarrow?" She questions, having never heard of it before, but then again she doesn't know of any healing plants. Healing never really interested her and she never paid attention when a healer attended to her wounds. I guess I should have picked up on something. "Thank you for that." She lowers her head. "And I am having trouble walking on my paw. I'm sure if I give it a few days to heal it will be fine." Rain looks away for a moment saying, "Which when I am healed there is something I want to ask." She glances back at Amekaze. If she asks to travel among the Wilds will her request be denied? Rain doubts so, but she hopes that the Alpha does not feel that she wishes to leave her pack. She readies herself to ask, taking a breath in.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

There was a touch of interest in hearing the loner was a decent fighter, and she did have to agree, it was too bad she had not joined any ranks to lend her abilities. Or perhaps it was a good thing she hadn't, because she was not giving her strength to a potential foe of the Spire. Not that they had many bad relationships, though. Only the shaky grounds on which they stood with the Creek..

Again she nodded. Mhm. One of the few I am familiar with from my homeland. Knowing a common plant that slows bleeding has its uses, especially in packs deeply involved in battle, she explained. If you are up to it -- the walking, I mean -- there should be some not far if memory serves me correctly. I can show you the whole plant. She pointed her muzzle towards the nearest meadow, one just a little ways down the mountainside, then returned to listening with a curious tilt of her head. What is it? she asked, certainly interested.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain starts off towards the meadow saying, "Let's talk on the way." She starts forward slowly, trying to keep as much weight off her paw as she can. She hopes the walk isnt too long. She will push herself through the pain if need be, but the thought was unappealing.

Flicking an ear, she gathers herself together and takes a breath. "I want to leave and travel the wilds." Keeping her gaze forward she continues, "I feel uninformed about the area. I want to know where the other pack territories are." She drops into silence for a moment, casting a glance at Amekaze while thinking over her request. "Are there any packs that I should be wary of?" She imagines if she runs into any hostile wolves, wincing at the pain in her paw.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

With her hurt paw to be considered, Ame let Rain set the pace, and of course, she was ready to listen as they walked. It would be a bit before she would need to keep her eyes peeled for yarrow plants, so until then, her focus was on Rain.

At first the request to leave was met with vague concern, but she then realized it could be a good opportunity to gain more information themselves. With winter looming, the Sunspire may not have many opportunities to gain news from far away. How long do you think you would be away? she asked first, and then thought about the cougar threat that lurked somewhere in these wilds. If she were to set out, Amekaze at least wished to know when and what to expect.

Nevertheless, she drew a steady breath before she began her answer. It is only Swiftcurrent Creek, or any of its individual offshoots, that may have a poor reaction to scenting the Sunspire on you, as we have history that may make them prone to violence. But I imagine your travels will span further than their reach. Then again, they did like to pretend that could maintain dominion over great spans of land. I have not heard of any notably volatile packs in the immediate region. However this information may be out of date for all I know, nor do I know what lies beyond the regions I am familiar with. It had been many moons since she had trekked to the edges of the Teekon or beyond. As knowledgeable as she liked to be, there was only so much to be gained from her mountain roost. Also, it is worth mentioning to be extra mindful of cougars in your travels. A few have had poor encounters.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Sorry it took me a few days to answer, I've been having to cover shifts at work and close the store.

"I'll be away until I've been through the whole of the Wilds," Rain tells Amekaze, uncertain of how long it takes to travel through everything. She is hoping that the venture will not last more than a week. Though, she cannot complain if it does go on longer than that. It will be good for her to experience all that the Wilds have to offer no matter the length of the journey.

She listens as the Alpha goes on to explain the relations with Swiftcurrent Creek and the unknown possibility of volatile packs nearby. "I will be sure to remain alert while in the area." She is glad to hear that there is only one pack that has a poor relation with the Sunspire for certain for that means she will be able to pass by most packs without issue. Amekaze also warns her of the cougars that a few wolves have encountered here. "Cougars," Rain says while lifting her lip in distaste. "I've never had the pleasure of dealing with one." Cougars were plentiful in Colorado, so there had been many sightings by the wolves in her previous pack as well as a few confrontations that ended badly, but she has never had the luck of coming in contact with a cougar or even seeing one. Hopefully her luck will hold out here, though eventually she knows she will have to deal will them. "Thank you for the warnings, Alpha."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
no worries, i'm slow too this week bc of lame irl reasons

She nodded, having suspected that might be the case -- that she would be gone as long as she needed to be. Amekaze did hope she would be able to complete her travels before winter got too ugly. While their nights did have a chill, she did not see the dire rush in them now, and the air did remain fairly humid for wintertime. She wondered if the coastline was to blame for that.. and if it was, she was thankful.

Rain would heed her warnings, of that she was certain, but cougars were tricky. A cougar is largely to blame for our founding alpha's disappearance, and a wolf who had joined not too long ago was confronted with one. While I do not know if they are the same cat's doings, it is worth being careful all the same, she explained as she began to look around more intently for signs of yarrow; she felt like they could be getting close, and she hoped to spot some of their flowers (although would likely be dried by the frosts) standing above the neighboring foliage. In any case, I would like to hear of your travels when you return if you see anything interesting.. she smirked subtly to herself as she searched and walked; it had been a while since she had wandered far herself.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
"So, the founding alpha's disappearance is because of a cougar?" Rain questions with her ears perked up to the news. "Did they try to chase it off?" This will make for an interesting tale if Amekaze knew of the events leading up to the founders disappearance. While she wasn't one for gossip, she can't help but to be curious about the missing wolf. It was an alpha that has gone missing, just like her past alpha had. Though, the reasons are complete opposite.

In response to Amekaze wanting to hear of her venture Rain says, "I hope there is good news that I can bring back to you." Lifting the injured paw to her muzzle to lick away the dripping red drops she asks, "Is there anything specific that you would like for me to look into?" She limps forward to keep pace with Amekaze, sniffing the cool air. She doesn't have any idea what yarrow smells like, but perhaps an unfamiliar scent will catch her attention.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She realized how Ferdie's direct influence here became harder and harder to see with the more new wolves that filtered in and did not know the whole tale of it. However, Amekaze was willing to explain the circumstances to Rain. She had long since vowed to uphold and keep the history of the Sunspire, for better and for worse. We do not know exactly what happened.. but his trail led into neutral territory, Northstar Vale actually, with evidence of an altercation with a feline there. Despite our tireless searching, we found nothing more to tell us what went on, with him and the cat.. Her ears fell back and she refused to let much sorrow into her voice. This was not so long before you joined, actually. It had been a time of adjustment.. for her especially.

Anyway, I am thinking there should be some nearby... their leaves are distinguishable, although I do not know quite how to explain them..

she murmured as she went, eyes scanning eagerly across the shrubbery.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Rain folds her ears back, mumbling a sincere apology. "I will keep my eyes open for any more signs, and my ears perked for any rumored words that I may come across within the other packs." Chances of her finding or hearing of anything are slim to none, but she'll make sure to give all she can to her new pack.

Watching Amekaze nose through the shrubbery, a sudden rush of feelings assult her and she sits, starring at the alpha for a moment. "Thank you, Amekaze. For this, for everything." Lowering her head, Rain closes her eyes adding, "Anything that you need, just ask it of me and I shall be there for you and for the pack with all my strength." Amakaze had taken her in, belived in her and now helps tend to her wounds. She is grateful and wishes to one day be able to prove how loyal she is to the Sunspire for the home she was given.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She was loathe to reveal too much, but there was a deeply-rooted thankfulness for Rain's willingness to keep eyes and ears open. While Ame had abandoned the search for Ferdie, and had settled for mixed feelings towards his disappearance, she would welcome any findings readily. Good. Although I no longer search, there is a chance there may be something to be learned still.. Her expression had furrowed into a frown at these considerations regarding Ferdie. She shifted it soon after. I would also like to hear of any packs that may have established recently, or really anything of interest you manage to pick up. Who knows what the wilds have to offer, she murmured.

Nevertheless, her focus keened and she diverted from the heavy topic looming in the back of her thoughts. Rain offered her thanks, and Ame gave her a sidelong look. Ah, you are welcome.. she drawled. Although she was yet to feel that she had done all that much. Rain had proven already that she possessed great potential, and a willingness to go beyond only made more clear by what she offered now. I will remember that, she smirked knowingly, and pressed forward.

Look, she gestured towards a plant with dried pale off white flowers and almost fern-like leaves with a delicate sort of look about them. Here in this pocket of sunny meadow, it seemed to be able to grow happily. She nudged it, smelling the distinct sweetness that resulted from her rustling. Most likely, it was not as strong as it would have been several weeks back, but it was not yet dried and entirely dead -- only a little wounded from the evening's chills. Chew some of the leaves and lick them onto where it has been bleeding. The taste may be... somewhat unpleasant, but I have never known it to do harm.

261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
She lets the subject of Ferdie dwindle off, knowing there is nothing more to discuss on the matter. Either she will find clues or she won't. Amakaze gestures towards a white flower that she comes across, instructing Rain how to apply the plant to her wound. Hesitantly, she sniffs at the flower before taking it and chewing it. A horrid taste assults her tongue causing her snout to scrunch up in disgust. When she thought she chewed the plant enough she spits it out on her paw. Immediately, the bleeding comes to a halt and she smiles gratefully at her alpha."Thank you."

Turning back towards the den, Rain says, "Would you mind walking back with me?" She enjoys the alphas company and hopes to gain support if she may need it. Even though the bleeding stopped, her paw still pains her.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'm going ahead and wrapping up 'cause i'm slow this week and trying to catch up~ but def will need a new thread when rain comes back *o*

She peered sidelong at the plant as Rain followed her instructions. She understood that the freshest leaves were the best for most causes.. which while these are not exactly dried, they probably did not have much longer left before the frosts strangled all the life from them. It was better than nothing. Assuming I find someone to learn more from, my own knowledge and plant stocks will expand in time to come. But, I have always made do with what little I know. I only wish I could offer you more, she mentioned, although as she watched, it did seem to help and Rain's gratitude was plain to see.

Still, it did please her to be able to help at all. To know that she had helped ease her packmate's ailment, even if it was just stopping the bleeding. Not at all, she chuffed with a small swish of her tail. With that said, she joined in alongside her and followed the path back towards her densite. She would wish her well on her journey, and would await for her return with interest -- both to ensure her safe return and to learn of what she may find out there in the wilds.