Fox's Glade every day, cry out for the pain
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
the morning held a biting chill, an overcast sky causing soft mist of cool rain to sprinkle on and off. tulukiri's death has bothered kivaluk more than cared to let on — causing a disconnect between him and his desire to find a wife.

priorities have shifted but what was coming to the forefront remains still an unknown to kivaluk.

it is only as he wanders through the fox glade — with purpose — that he realizes what he seeks.

the comfort of the qeya river despite that it only held ghosts of what once was.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
she had left kvarsheim behind for a time.

for she had spent the whole night in tears and only seemed to stop crying when the sun rose. without so much as an utterance, she moved off into the world. the glade beyond.

she had considered going to see croo or perhaps the knowledgeable silvertongue.

instead she wanted new faces. new things. anything to distract from the responsibilities and, perhaps, burdens that awaited her.

it was here she found a boy.

large and handsome. everything a good creature should be. everything she was not. for a moment she looked upon him as if he had made the earth itself. in utter awe.

she had forgot to address her presence and by now it may be too late.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk, prone to single-minded focus, does not immediately realize he is on a collision course with another's path. he only chases the burning need to return to his birthplace, following the belief that lingering in the territory for a time might bring him the clarity he seeks. might help to soften the sharp, cutting edges of his ironclad heart.

might help to ease the stone that has lodged in his stomach.

might offer him clarity on where kigipigak went and why.

dreams, these; kivaluk knows, deep down.

a figure, young and clad in white staring at him finally catches kivaluk's eye and his steps falter to a sudden and startled stop.

for a moment, secondhunter stares at her, trying to make sense of her boxier build how it was both wolf-like and not. the scent of many she carries is obviously pack but not one that kivaluk is familiar with ( unsurprising, given his homebody status ). uh, shock wears thin quickly, offering kivaluk some reprieve from staring as agape at her as she was apparently staring at him! hi.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
hi.

hallo, her voice trembled for but a moment. this was not kvarsheim! her confidence was thin and he was so big! larger than life in many ways! painted with colors she had never seen before.

her weight shifted softly between her paws.

ah, traveel? she asked in a softly drawn out way. voice accented and lacking a fluidity others may have to them.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
hallo.

her voice is heavy with an accent that piques kivaluk's curiosity, ears cupping forth in a futile attempt to discern it.

her question comes out disconnected, and drawing the dots together, kivaluk is left to assume that common is not her native tongue.

yes, kivaluk replies with a soft but sage nod. though what he hoped to discover by traversing so far away from the spine that moonglow lain claim to ... he could not say.

are you ... ex— catching himself last moment, kivaluk adjusts, unsure what common words she knew. travelling? he asks in return. he would assume so given that she was, also, out this way.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
she was embarrassed! cheeks flushed hot beneath her pale, thick coat.

he returned the question and she nodded softly. sheepish. a silent yes.

he is older by some little stretch. not like mother bear or father bear, he is closer to her than almost any she had met! ah, but she did not consider her brother among that count. so...maybe this boyman is the only one? her brain feels fuzzy around him.

bjarna. a paw raised to tap at her chest. as if to say me or i am.

...you? the paw turned to softly gesture at him.

who was this boyman!

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
she doesn't answer his question, but kivaluk does not press if only because he assumes he was correct in his deduction. instead, she offers him her name, gesturing to herself when she spoke it.

and then gestures to him with a question upon her lips.

kivaluk. he replies simply, reigning in his desire to be more verbose in an effort to bridge whatever language barrier might exist between them.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
she tried, once twice, the name on her tongue.

it made her think of silanga in a way. foreign and familiar in equal turns.

kivaluk, she finally exhales out. her tail dared a few small sways behind her. now she felt herself uncertain what to ask! only that she wished she might keep his attention longer. that she may see him more. her cheeks burned hotly.

huhnter?

maybe he might humor her with a hunt!

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
that's right. kingullimik encourages softly with a soft smile and wag of his tail.

a perk of his ears when her kind of question lingers in the air between them.

i'm a hunter, yes. he affirms, not quite understanding the question. it is only in the moments that come after that it dawns on him. ah, yes. i will hunt with you. he amends with a sheepish grin.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
she was a dog in those moments that followed.

he was a hunter! he'd hunt!

her paws softly kicked up snow in the way they tapped at the earth. her saggy face lifted with visible delight. now she meant to swing her head and tail, to whisk him away with her!

she knew these lands and now she intended to show him them.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
her delight is infectious.

despite kivaluk's miasma of dark emotions, of considerations and reconsiderations, he casts them aside as she takes the lead.

a yearning glimpse is stolen in the direction of qeya river, but it does not linger long as kivaluk follows after her; trusting despite that they just met.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
the fox's in this glade were not what she wished to hunt.

instead she wished to show him to the nearby deer herd. one that did not seem threatened by the small presence of kvarsheim.

perhaps because her mother had taught her the methods, perhaps because of the great consideration they took to them.

she knew where to find the signs of them. where antlers had rubbed on trees or where tracks seemed to weave the most. this she wished to show and share with him now.

kindly she gestured towards the bark of a near tree.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
it is only as they continue on that realization begins to dawn on kivaluk what she intended for them to hunt.

deer.

admittedly, something smaller would've been preferable to the natigvik as it was just the two of them and he had a journey to make back to the spine ... once he reached qeya river, that was.

but he had agreed and thus does not protest.

eyes take in the markings of antlers gouging the tree with; studious.

we are close. he observes in hushed tones, frostbound gaze moving to the grasses: trampled by hooves passing thru.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
close.

she turned her gaze to beam at him for a moment. thrilled with his willingness.

she knew it might be too hard, that it might end in only a chase. yet she thinks of ways she can thank him from the heart of kvarsheim.

the experience is what she wished for now. to know how to grow and hunt as the days became warm once more. a time that felt far off.

her focus came back upon the hunt and she led them onward. already spotting soft dots of mousey brown among the snowy opening ahead.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Moonglow
Gamma
357 Posts
Ooc — delaney
the deer tracks are many now, trampling snow and grasses under hoof; trails of stool left behind.

kivaluk sidesteps these trails, favoring deep untrodden snow. vain enough not to want to get stool stuck under or between his paws ( yuck! ).

wait! kivaluk calls out to her, body slinking low to peer past towering heather grasses as the bodies of the herd come into view.

adopt my children
372 Posts
Ooc —
he called out to her.

all at once she halted, the image of a disrupted hunter.

pale blue eyes widened beneath the ruffles of her face. what troubled him so? had he seen something among the herd and the signs that she had missed?

only a cautiously muffled sound rumbled in her throat.

and whispered
where does it hurt?