Moonspear Where everything's safe and it doesn't get worse
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
There was nothing angry about her face or her words, but he still felt something chilly in her response. It was too neutral, too dismissive. As though she were keeping from him now since he had kept from her. 

He felt his heart clench with frustration and disappointment, though he tried to breathe low and slow in order to calm himself. He was reading into things he didn't know were really there. She was talking about her son because it was only natural that she would be most excited for his joy instead of her own. And even if she was upset, she had a right to feel the way she did. He could not dictate to her how she should feel.

But oh, if he could.

Fig was quiet for a moment as he considered his answer. Anything that came to him felt like throwing salt into the wound between them. But, if it was honesty she was after, then he would give it where he could. ”I visited the places we grew up,” Fig told her, ”Heron Lake Plateau, the Strath, the Copse. It was pretty cool seeing them again. There’s hardly anyone around that area still.”

”I’ve been doing a lot of counseling lately too,” he said next, ”Mostly just giving advice and listening to the troubles of random wolves I meet in my travels. But it’s been really… gratifying. Fulfilling. I think it’s what I want to do with my life.” He paused thoughtfully, considering it more. Then he looked at his sister, wondering what she would say.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where everything's safe and it doesn't get worse - by Figment - May 18, 2023, 10:00 AM