Ouroboros Spine avid travelers
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
All Welcome 
important: this takes place before Samani's passing! its also a continuation of this thread!

@Heph + all from moonglow welcome!

Iiana took the first steps into the territory, squinting her gaze to avoid the piercing glare of the sun — the last breath of summer heat before Teekon is allowed to welcome the cold. 
she'd never ventured to this point, surprisingly enough. there really was a first time for everything. excitement clung to her throat. her heart raced and she found herself digging her canines into the offerings to quell this eagerness. 

she turned back to her traveling partner, Heph; excited for when she too would cross the boundary.
[Image: Illustration458-1.png]
the taste of salt at the tip of my tongue means i am home
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned, passing over the borders more easily this time than the last. Moonglow was not familiar to her in the same way Moontide was, but she had a head for pathways and places and remembered it from prior. It was a path that she had written onto her pawpads dirt lodged in the cracks.

"Shall we see if we can pick up a trail?" Perhaps they would meet others on the hunt. If not they could leave the meat cached here for the pack and take the memories.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
sounds good~ Iiana gave a firm nod at the idea. lead the way, chief!. she stood behind momentarily to follow her Beta'a lead. she would pitch in, of course, but it was probably a better look for the Eta to be following obediently behind the Beta. 

probably.
have you visited often?
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Shaking her head she replied "Not much but a few times. The last time was for Moonwoman, to ask about matchmaking." A bit of a laugh trailed after her words but she was genuinely excited about what that last journey had promised.

She tracked south, catching some old signs of a herd, hoping that they would lead her upon a fresher pathway.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
ooh? matchmaking? curiosity struck the better of her, and she snickered. did she read your signs or something? or.. Heph didn't seem like the type to believe in superstition, but Iiana was a little intrigued to learn more. 

the thought of finding a pair hadn't crossed her mind up until now, however. maybe she should take advantage of this opportunity, a little off-season courting wouldn't hurt a lady right?
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned, laughing along good-naturedly. Admittedly she had been skeptical, at first, too of Moonwoman. She had thought herself a rather hopeless case when it came to matchmaking but the pale duck had been willing, had listened, and had offered a name that sounded promising. Her head shook. "No. I'm not sure exactly how she came to it, but we spoke, she asked me what I sought in a partner, and she offered me the name of a wolf that I might suit and might suit me. Phox. Phox Redhawk." She offered herself, wondering if Iiana might have heard of him, also simply to gossip.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Phox... Phox.. Phox.. Iiana parroted but shook her head. she's absolutely heard of the redhawks, but more in the way you would an influential family than knowing any individual from it. never heard of him! is he nice at least? handsome, maybe? she ducked her head low after a giggle, voice lowering along with it to avoid their gossip being heard. god forbid their conversation be overheard.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed, leaning in half conspiratorial, half embarassed thinking herself to have outgrown this phase of her life. "Well" she drew out the word "I haven't met him, but Moonwoman said he had a fine bearing and seemed the settled sort, had helped raise several litters so he has be a little nice at least." She supposed one could raise children less than kindly but that was not the impression she had received.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
oh my, but multiple litters? with the same woman? or a different one each time? her eyes widened. either this man was incredibly loyal or very experienced with the ladies. well, what matters is would you like cubs? one can be a good parent but not a good husband, yeah?
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed, admittedly she had not thought of the implications of his having multiple partners. She had assumed that it was something that had simply occurred from his longer life. "Different. Scandalous I know. But he also helped his sister with some of hers too." She added, because it was a detail she had remembered, that he had cared for his more extended family as well.

At the mention of a husband and a parent she agreed, and although she had found friends enough in Moontide that she did not need someone to be her sole pillar of support she would like a relationship with warmth and perhaps love if that word were not so scary to throw around. "Hmmm I think I'm greedy enough to want both, but I would like cubs. I would need someone to help raise them, I'd travel less of course, but I would still wish to hunt and scout."