Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
All Welcome 
trade event thread w @Machiavelli

iiana finds herself in her den — her little hermit crab shell of a den — dragging out more wares for trade and barter. a pile of shells, antlers, and more formed just out of the entrance. 

and somehow, someway, she is not yet done.

she now hurries to finish. the more she gets rid of the better. or else, she'll just have to start trading with the fauna! and how can she when they, understandably, always run away at the sight of her!
[Image: Illustration458-1.png]
the taste of salt at the tip of my tongue means i am home
Muat-riya
Fellahin
Any way you want me, baby
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Machiavelli wove between carefully arranged piles of pretty things, each new bundle promising to contain a hidden treasure waiting for the embrace of the desert kingdom.

His graceful steps came to a pause before a specific cluster of offerings, opal eyes scrutinizing each object with keen attention to detail.

Excuse me, madam, he called out, addressing the enchanting, doe-eyed woman who seemed to preside over the den where the items were displayed, these fine trinkets, they don't happen to belong to you do they?
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana tore her eyes to the source of the velvety voice. it was a foreigner — the ones from akashingles or whatever it's called again.

how formal! the woman giggles. madam iiana has a nice ring to it, admittedly. she prances out from her abode to approach the curious man, charmed by his words. a more careful look at him reveals a handsome face — a vessel as charming as its voice. why did it take so long for these desert people to show up if they had gems like these? though, that isn't to say the seashells aren't just as beautiful.

chest puffed as she speaks, yup, they're all up for trade! uncovered, once by the sea and again in my den.. by yours truly. her pearly whites shine under a smile so wide it hurt her cheeks.
there's too much so i'll even throw in several goodies for just one of your items! and she finishes with a wink.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
My, Machi began with a grin, what a charming smile, it makes me want to smile myself! You're so generous, too! It seems I came to exactly the right place.

He took a step forward, examining her wares once again, Well... a pause, erm, The man looked up again, I'm dreadfully sorry, where are my manners? Machiavelli, an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance, he said, introducing himself with a practiced bow. As I'm sure you already know, I come as part of the trading convoy representing the kingdom of Akashingo and the pharaoh's summer palace, Muat-Riya. And you are, Miss...?
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
machiaaah... iianas voice off-kilters with a drag, her smile twisting from pain as she struggles to pronounce the man's name. such a peculiar name, the people of the desert come up with lots of interesting names.. she flashes a panicked grin after a forced giggle. iiana! my name is iiana, sir!

she clears her throat and follows the man's gaze. the trades. she glances at him to see what he carries. mhm! heard all about you guys. very fancy, very rich. she's never even heard of such a thing as a palace, but it must be very important. and two territories, one just for when the fah-row — whatever that is — wants to take a vacation, it makes iiana's brows nearly lift off her skull at it all. she prays that if she were to be reborn, it would be as one of these rich, fancy wolves.

bah.. don't worry about proper manners, sir! we're all friends down here! she bumps his shoulder gently before prancing over to the mounds of treasure. anything catches your eye, mister?
Muat-riya
Fellahin
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Miss Iiana, what a beautiful name, he responded, seemingly unbothered by her failure to pronounce his own moniker.

I suppose that would be one way to describe us, Machi mused, watching the woman with an amused expression.

The man paused for a moment, a thoughtful rumble in his throat. I am searching for pelts on behalf of my pack, but personally, he lowered his voice, I'm searching for gifts, as well as pouches to carry them in.

He gestured to an antler with a pale-pink nail, I think that might do nicely. There is a woman I know who will give birth soon; she might like to have it for her pups. he tilted his head, seeming to think over the suitability of the present.

The other gifts might not be as easy to fulfill, He lamented, meeting the woman's springtime gaze. They're a bit more... imaginative, but if anyone could help me, I think it would be one as skillful as yourself, Miss Iiana.

I need something nice to remind an acquaintance of mine of this trip. Either something from the sea, something that sparkles, or both, if you have it. He explained, looking over the pile of shells. The other, to be frank, is an apology gift. Possibly something that evokes thoughts of warmth or gold? It needn't be lavish; I don't believe this person to be the type to be impressed by riches.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
thanks! yours is nice too! a grin, though she hopes eventually he could throw her lifeline and give her a nickname to use.

it'll have to wait however, as she begins to collect the wares he desires. deerskins i got plenty. i have enough to make a herd of rugs. she speaks quickly yet jovially as her body pivots and moves between the wares so smoothly, one would think it was natural for her. those antlers are a great pick, her little ones can even teeth on it if they'd like. she sets it out for him gently on top of the skins, careful to not clutch too hard so as to dent the fine antlers.

now the more obtuse orders, those get her brows to knit. well, something that's shiny and from the sea. she moves between her collection, scrounging through the treasures. you can go for this one. she gently offers a peak of it to machiavelli — it was a dark shell that was shaped almost like a fang with a slight iridescence to it. it's like a rainbow was burned into it! i found it while walking off a full belly one morning. i have other shiny shells too, but none of them as unique as this one. iiana nods assuredly, fully confident in her words. white shells are always pretty, though. easy to find too!

next one. warmth and gold. it gets iiana pouting her lips as she returns to her search. well, that's a hard one, hah! hm. i have a couple of orange-colored conches, could that work? maybe something pink. she grumbles mostly to herself before presenting him with her selected options. 
lastly, iiana offers her smile to him. but if its something you want to share your feelings through, then it's best you pick it.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Ah, thank you, Machi chimed with a laugh, casting an appreciative glance upon the array of pelts she had retrieved.

That is indeed a remarkable find, the man leaned forward, examining the exquisite shell, I dare say she'll be delighted by it.

However, the conches left him uncertain. While undeniably stunning, I must admit, I'm not sure they're what I'm searching for. Do you have anything that might be worn? Feathers, perhaps? He asked, ears wiggling thoughtfully.

Surveying the growing pile before him, Machiavelli gently flicked his tail, Before you unearth anything more, may I suggest we see if what I have to offer would even be pleasing to you?
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
good! he was delighted with.. some of her finds.

she takes his rejection of the other items easier, though. that's alright. she nods, and tucks those two away. she must look for feathers, now. she could always find feathers during the molt season laying about, the issue was where on earth did she put them?

oh! she flutters her eyes, shaken back to reality. yes, yes! show me what you have. you akashingles.. ehm, i mean, akashingo people brought lots of pretty items so i'm sure it'll be fine. and then she returns to her search for feathers.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
"Akashingles" earned a snicker from the man as he turned to collect his wares. He turned from the pouch to the woman and back again, a thoughtful hmm rumbling in his throat.

He produced a small glittering container of crushed mineral, holding it out for Iiana to inspect.

What do you think of this, madam? Machiavelli asked with a tilt of his head.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
deep from within the bowels of her piles, iiana plucks out a couple of feathers — mostly hawk feathers shed throughout the last molt. she scampers over, stems of the plumage caught carefully in her mouth so as to avoid getting slobber over the soft feathers.

she sets them aside for machi's viewing pleasure as she calculates (shiny rock per shiny shell?) the worth in her mind, but her eyes glimmer as much as the mineral. pretty! i'm sure this'll cover what you're asking for. though who sat on it to break it into so many pieces? a question iiana isn't sure she'd want an answer to.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
99 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Fantastic, Machiavelli chimed, his opal eyes lighting up with approval as she admired the powder.

He deftly produced another sample from his pouch, presenting it with a flourish, Here is another hue that I believe would complement your natural beauty quite marvelously, but do peruse the rest of my collection at your leisure, the man said with a wave of his paw, I have plenty more to choose from.

I think I'd like this one, Machi said, eyes glimmering with the reflection of a pretty red tail feather. When you've selected the colors you'd like, I believe I've found everything to my absolute satisfaction.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
her client talks a lot in big words that makes iiana's head hurt, but he presents her with pretty things so iiana forgives him. she observes the fine dust, and eyes ones that shine a pale blue. these ones. she nods at.

their goods exchanged, iiana places the minerals gently, wrapped tightly in their pouches so that they may not spill. if they were, then the dirt around iiana's den will always be the shiniest of all. perhaps she'll present these at samani's grave alongside a bouquet of newly sprung flowers. 
a pleasure doing business with ya! the blonde quips.