Ocean's Breath Plateau voyage
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
finally revived her uhm so sorry

iiana followed the fresh scent of ocean breeze to return to a place so familiar. dried deerskin caught in her jaws before the wolf dropped it from her clutches and examined. the outskirts of moontide — the pack that accepted her so warmly and yet the very one she'd wordlessly disappeared from.

iiana lingered on the sight before she bellowed a howl. at the very least, she wished to see her former packmates once again if she couldn't join with them.
[Image: Illustration458-1.png]
the taste of salt at the tip of my tongue means i am home
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph was slightly surprised to hear a call at the borders, it sounded somewhat familiar - she was sure she had heard that howl somewhere before - perhaps someone from Moonglow or Moonspear or the Salt Shores had come again? When she arrived she was surprised again, although or another reason. Iiana had been missing for some time, dispersal was not uncommon but without word there had been some worry. "Iiana! It's good to see you again." She bounded up, stopping a bit short unsure of whether the other wolf would welcome her being too friendly. Her tail wagged lightly. "How are you? Where have you been?"
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Iiana's tail couldn't help but wag at the sight of Heph, and she closed the distance with a gallop. Heph!
she slowed down once close enough, eager to have received such a warm welcome.
it's good to see you too, how've you been? i've been fine, hah. i'm three years old now, that's gotta be a good thing! she grinned wide, puffing her chest out briefly before settling back on her haunches.

i just went sight-seeing, tis all~
she dismissed the question rather nonchalantly, mostly because she didn't exactly have much of an answer. i hope i haven't miss much~
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
At the mention of the wolf's third birthday she grinned, teasing with a light laugh. "I've been well. It seems that some do grow more beautiful with age. Congratulations." Her eyes glimmered. Although it was true, it seemed as if traveling had suited Iiana well and Heph was glad that the wolf did not seem worse for wear.

At the question of how things had been she gave head a wave. "Well we've certainly missed you. Like the sea the tide keeps changing. Samani had a new litter of siblings in Moontide and went to visit them, Rodyn and Samani are having pups soon, Void found a mate and left to start a pack, Marina's pups were born, a fine hunter from Moonspear named Chakliux and his family have joined us as well as a young wolf named Stingray, and I have become Moontide's beta." Her voice was slightly bashful at that, but it was something she was proud of, that Samani and Rodyn had trusted her and thought her capable enough to stand by their sides and assist them in running the pack.

At the nonchalant answer, Heph could not help but feel a little bit confused, tilting her head but voice friendly nonetheless. "I'm glad your travels were safe. We were worried when you left so suddenly. What brings you back?" She was not sure if the other wolf had simply returned to say hello or to stay. Wolves also changed like the tides and she would have understood if Iiana's mind had changed, but it felt as though she had all but disappeared and for some time and no real account of her whereabouts. Perhaps she had simply spoken of it to Rodyn and not Heph since she would have had no particular reason to let Heph know about any of her plans at that time.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Iiana paced a little at the compliment – oh how guilty she felt to be this old and yet fluster at even the simplest of compliments. her tail picked up speed before she cleared her throat to hear the news and her eyes widened.  

time flies, wow. she plopped onto the grass, almost like the weight of everything became too much for her. two, nearly three litters were made and i haven't even had my own! she chuckled before continuing. congrats to you! you fit it so nicely! you must walk with stride now. puff your chest until the bones of your back crack like that of an old wolf! she demonstrated briefly, playful as ever.

what brings me back? the ocean, probably. the bright green of her eyes softened to a color like blossoming spring grass as she spoke, her voice just as soft. and of course, it just felt right to return. i mean, i'd left without so much as a word.. just felt like it was a duty to do – or something like that. i'd like to return.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned, laughing. "Thank you! I'm afraid if I walk like that though I'll topple over." She had always been a confident enough wolf wearing an easy posture. In truth her stance had become a bit more dominant since taking on her new role, swaying out behind her in a line at times, sometimes more low. But she still enjoyed travelling in unclaimed lands and visiting other packs so she shifted easily between those little social niceties and her back remained loose, always ready to move.

Her smile turned soft. Though she was glad to have Iiana back and to hear that the other wolf had thought of Moontide again and seemed to wish to return to the sea there was something she wished to proble in her words, a certainty she wished to have. "If you want to return and it feels right then you're always welcome, but if your sense of duty is keeping you from wandering to your heart's content I'd be happy to have you as a visitor or a trader on our behalf too? We missed you but I'm glad to see you again safe but you don't owe us." After all the coast and the sea was more than just Moontide, and even if she wished Iiana had departed with more of a warning she did not owe them word of her return. She had no desire to shackle another wolf with obligations that were not willingly taken on.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Iiana returned the grin, relaxing in the soft grass that has certainly now been flattened. a kick or two will fix it once she stands, probably. what do you do as Beta? do you chase wolves like me out of territory? should i start running? she snickered, a light tease but in truth she just wished to hear the other speak more.

she thought hard on the question though. she did not wish to be anchored, certainly. she liked to flit like the summer butterflies but there was something about having a warm den to return to that the wolf sorely missed while absent. it did not help she'd been lugging the deerskin bed with her everywhere she went that she was surprised it didn't become tatters in the chaos. her gaze shifted away from Heph and sharpened before shifting back with a hum. i'd like to return, if that's alright.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed, full and true like a bell. Matching Iiana's posture she flopped down in the grass, grateful for the cool ground beneath the summer sun as she blinked lazily in the light. "More like welcome them to it! But much is the same, the only other thing is for the large pack hunts I try to be there, but I would have endeavored to be there anyways." She thought fondly of the larger hunts, she was excited for more difficult as they were to organize. 

Her smile was soft and voice sure when she replied. "Of course, welcome home. And if you ever get wanderlust again let me know! I'll run off with you or at the very least pack you something to take with." Voice turning joking there was a wide grin on her face that betrayed the earnestness of her words. She still felt hesitant over Iiana's words, the sidestep of her question, but she had already pressed the matter and there was little she could do.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana’s ears perked at the offer, her eyes becoming as bright of a green like the summer grass.

you venture often? you’re quite the proactive Beta then! making friendly with other packs~ must be fun~ is it fun? her mind already began racing to thoughts of traveling together with Heph as she rattled on with rapid questions. 
she liked the thought of meeting new wolves and packs and creating allegiances — truly the life of a wolf dedicated to their pack. it also gave a good excuse for adventure: an adventure with company meant she wouldn’t have to worry about getting lonely on her travels.

i like the sound of that. whenever you head out, take me with you! even if its the middle of the night and i’m deep in a dream of chasing a rabbit. she grinned but then stammered and sharply adding on …if you don’t mind, of course.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph smiled. "Of course not. I'm not always off with other packs but exploring is nice too." She thought of the coast and how long it seemed to stretch. And the new lands she had heard of to the south. Truly she wished to see it all, but she had realized recently that for as much as she loved Moontide she had not had much of a chance to learn about those that Samani and Rodyn held close. A part of her wished to know, so that when they spoke of those wolves she could relate as well.

Perhaps Iiana had more experience than her in that area. "I want to visit all the packs Moontide has close ties too eventually." Moontide and its allies were growing which was mroe than enough reason to be glad. "Moonspear, Moonglow, Salt Shores, Midnight Scar..."  She knew Moonspear was led by a wolf named Sialuk but she felt she had lost her chance to visit with Chakliux moving to Moontide. Having the hunter with them was nice, getting to know him better as they chased after prey was good. But she was not sure if Moonspear would welcome a simple visit from her.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
many allies, and thankfully no enemies. 
Iiana smiled at the possibility of meeting the packs Heph rattled off like items on a bucket list — she forgot packlife wasn't just looking after ones own, but also about making friendly with the neighbors. she'd never step foot into any of the packs however, at most only grazed the perimeter of Moonglow when she first entered Teekon. vague memories of encountering a Moonglow wolf returned to her, though she'd forgotten his name. she'd probably remember once she saw his face however.

i'm sure the sister packs wouldn't mind a visit, right? even if they're a distance away, they wouldn't turn back a fellow Moon wolf..? riiiight? she dragged her question out through gritted teeth, her gingerly smile turning into unease. in honesty, she didn't exactly know what it meant for the packs to all be connected. she'd assume they were just sister packs: allies that show their ties by sharing a name, like a family would.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded, Iiana was right. Officially they were allowed within their borders. And besides if a wolf from Moonspear came to Moontide's land she would welcome them. "We are allowed to move freely in one another's borders." She knew that Rodyn and Samani had chosen differently than Moonglow how pups would be allowed and mating too. For that she was glad, while no one in particular had caught her eye she at least knew she was free to pursue or be pursued if she wished it. And a small part of her that was perhaps not as brash as she let on was glad that he would have her back if she came across someone too pushy. 

Turning her mind onto easier matters she grinned, sly. "Hmmm but if the two of us visited we could make it quite the feast, we're two fine hunters so perhaps we won't have to worry about whether or not they would welcome us." After all she and Iiana had hunted to much success before and she was sure that both of their skills had only grown in the time they had not followed the herds together.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Iiana cocked her head, and wondered what was the meaning behind Heph's sly smirk. so, she prodded: is that a suggestion? her tail wagged at the idea of a plan. though she'd just arrived, the mere suggestion of a future adventure always stirred the young woman into pup-like excitements.

as she spoke however, Iiana took initiative to start looking for a den. she'd forgotten where she placed her old den, and so she began searching for a place to hoard her treasures.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
At Iiana's approval Heph nodded, this time more open. "I think so. If we aim for sometime this fall the herds will be growing weaker and on the move. We could journey then?" She followed, realizing Iiana was searching for a den and fell into pace beside, allowing the familiar landscape to pass her by with placid observation. Heph did not know where the furs Iiana had had before were, but she was sure that there were some cached near her own densite, they would make Moontide home again in no time.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
it didn't take her long before she found a spot just right to claim, and immediately got to digging in between giving out responses. she was a very busy woman, and the sooner she can settle in the sooner she can rest.
Iiana perked up at the plan, shooting a smile at Heph in between clawing at the earth. 
i like the sound of that. maybe like a gift for good omens. winter always hits hard, i imagine a feast before the seasons get any harder would be a blessing for our allies~ she cooed at the idea of sharing hard-won meals with fellow wolves, sharing stories and song to approach the future with warm hearts and full bellies.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"It would be good for their caches at least." She nodded, seeing that Iiana had selected a den site she murmured politely that she would be back soon and returned with the pelt of a young buck whose antlers had not yet started to grow in when she had caught him. The pelt was not as large as a full grown hind, but it would be a good start. "Anything I can do to help?"
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
Iiana perked at the offer as she laid out her own pelt, patting it down as she gazed at the impressive pelt caught in Heph's canines. oh! are you sure you want to give me yours? she'd managed just fine with her own, and while she appreciated the gift, she also didn't want to take without giving. she'd caused enough trouble with her disappearance alone.
you've helped quite enough just by allowing me to join Moontide once again. her voice softened to a sweet whisper, the wagging of her tail slow and her visage softened alongside her tone.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded, it was one of the many things she had come to appreciate about having a place to return to intermittently between her own travels, being able to accumulate those endless things so when friends returned or she journeyed to meet them she did not come empty handed. "Yes. And it'll be good to carry anything if you have to journey again." Her head tilted gently. "There's no need for thanks, as long as Moontide's here it'll be here for you."
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
this made her furrow her brows with a sympathetic smile. ah. she felt a little bad for coming back empty-handed now..
alright, but i owe you one then. it's only fair! i'd hate to take but never give. she huffed playfully before taking the buckskin before gently laying it on an empty patch in the den.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed, nudging back playfully "wouldn't dream of it." A part of her mind was already to autumn and thinking of heading to Moonspear but the other was there glad to see Iiana returned. She shuffled to give the other wolf more space to work and looked briefly out on the territory committing the location to memory.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
feel like closing this one soon? we can also start a new thread if u'd like lol

Iiana snickered at the nudge, giving back her own push to Heph as she trotted out the completed den. i mean it! she chirped a playful whine, furrowing her brow and narrowing her eyes but her smile only widened

she was farther out to the shore than her previous stake on Moontide land, but she didn't mind.
the expanses leading to the sea was just as beautiful to her as sea itself. just as long as she can smell the distinct, salty scent she was just fine as is. she gave out an exhale as the wolf settled on her haunches, posture tall before her shoulders sunk, breath as steady as the tide. 

she itched for adventure, but she yearned for home more. and she found it once again.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded, following the playful gait with a bounce in her own step. Time passed easily for awhile before it came and they both had other things to attend.

I'd love another thread! And sounds good to me :)