Two Eyes Cenote I haven't chosen a song for thread titles yet so hi hello
15 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It was pure chance which brought him here. He'd stumbled across a familiar scent, one that Zakariya had never forgotten even as he'd left her behind to deal with the horrors of life at Akashingo alone. @Nazli. For miles he'd trailed it, slowly weakening as he followed along behind her.

He hadn't seen his companion in days. But that was alright. Zakariya had found his sister. Now, as he caught the scents of many others, he halted; sensing he was at the edge of a claim. Akashingo? The scents were familiar, but why would they have moved —

Well. It didn't matter. Zakariya called out for his sister, praying to every god that she would not hate him for his abandonment.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
This place she had been summoned to, this cenote, was very different from the lands of Akashingo proper. As much as she wished to explore and get to know it there was her own weakness of body to contend with, and so little by little as the weeks wore on she took her time to explore. It was never for long and always with the supervision of mazoi or sesh for company; Nazli had her duties to tend to as well, so that left very little time in her day for such frivolous pursuits.

However, she found the time today. It was with a renewed sense of adventure that fueled Nazli, as she climbed her way along, with frequent breaks to watch the terrain for familiar monuments or just to catch her breath. She did not get far before she spotted a small dusty figure, winnowed by hardship; but also, as her protector mazoi tensed and became ready to give chase to this would-be coyote, Nazli shushed them and bid they hold position.

She approached with great care, and was out of breath by the time she got to him, but she knew that face. She knew those sightless eyes! Brother? Nazli felt herself gasp the word, her heart pounding in her chest.
15 Posts
Ooc —
He waited in silence, in darkness as he had always been accustomed to. It was the scent of her which reached him first. The sound of her footsteps. And then her voice —

Nazli, Zakariya went to her, taking in her scent; noting the aura of weakness that surrounded her. Are you unwell? He sniffed her, his own homecoming forgotten for the moment. His sister's health took priority, after how long he'd spent in abandonment of her. First hiding from their shared fate, then running from it. He owed her more than that.

It was clear she'd suffered enough for both of them.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She did not know what she felt in that moment as anhedonia swarmed her; she knew how she should have felt and should respond, and went with that. Zakariya was her beloved brother! Nazli could remember their dark beginnings vaguely, but it was a darkness that he had been left with eternal.
He drew close enough for mutual inspection, and she saw the closed eyes, the old scars. She saw how much he had grown. I was ill, but I am recovering, she softly replied, not wanting to address the more serious nature of her condition.
Come! Come this way, I can show you to my room. You can rest and eat, and we can catch up. She began to ferry him along with careful prompts, brushing his shoulder, or trying to guide with a gentle caress.
I... I am sorry, I... don't know what to say. How did you get here? Where did you go? She had many questions! They could wait.