Sunspire Mountains death only comes when you're defeated
31 Posts
Ooc — Will

He was extremely lucky not to have died. That cougar had ripped him to literal shreds after all, and even if he didn't die from blood loss and the wounds, there were other wolves to consider. Maniacs who would eat the flesh of their own kind, others who kill for the fun of it, those who like to torture others. Not to mention the other predators too! Bears were hibernating, thank Jupiter, or Vale would have died already, his blood and flesh feeding the animal. Death was something he was not afraid of, but the Roman would rather not die when his mission was not completed yet, he'd to kill the cougar who threatened his pack and himself after all. Was it still his pack? His home?

Weary blue eyes scanned the terrain in front of him, he was close to the Sunspire now, with his injuries holding him back, it took him a week or so to get this close to the mountain, but he was still so far away. Two weeks were gone, hunting and fighting the cougar. One week, cleaning his wounds and trying to heal himself and failing. One week trying to get back home. Perhaps it was the gods will for him to rot in the wilds, without honor or dignity or pride left, not fulfilling his mission, having no purpose in this world.

Weary and tired, Leo sank down onto his haunches, licking the wounds the stupid old damn fucking cougar inflicted on him. He should've rested and healed the moment he found a safe place in the woods, but the Roman was a stubborn bastard and he pushed himself up and forward, slowly making his way back to the Sunspire. If he rested and healed, he might have arrived faster but at that time, Valerius's mind could not comprehend that piece of logic, therefore worsening the wound.

It was festering, he knew, and infected. Vale rose to his paws and walked slowly and painfully towards the direction of home before sitting down again, becoming acutely aware of the throbbing of his wounds. The Roman knew for certain now, he had a fever. Aw man, if only I had some beeplant or burdock root or ironweed or something. He turned around, moving a few steps backwards to his temporary resting spot where he found the poppy seeds he collected sometime before and began chewing on them.

Vale had absolutely no plans of sleeping, but his instincts told him to eat it. He was so damn close to home, but so far away, so he prayed to the gods but mostly to Mercury to somehow inform Ame that he was here, and if she would have him back....
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

In the midst of all things, she had noticed his absence. He was not the only one. Some more recent than others, although his was difficult to pin down to an exact timeline. She had known he had been healing for a time, and that eventually, he would be pursuing the cougar. With Vienna's attack, she was anticipating Jace to do the same at some point or another too, but with Vale, she didn't know for certain if that was what had pulled him away from the Sunspire or not.

It was half on whim that she be aimed in this direction at all. With the weather mild but still distinctly wintertime in essence, it was too hard to stay still for long. Hunting, patrolling, scouting.. but there was the scent of blood that strayed her from all that to investigate. Familiarity prickled at her, soon turning into an anxious curiosity that spurred her across the mountain slopes.

Soon enough, she could see him. Her tail rose and she slowed up, half-appalled at his injuries (and their festering scent!) and half-glad to see him (mostly) walking among the living here, so her expression was one in between a great many things. Her greeting was a low rumble as she strode swiftly to his side. What happened to you? she asked and swept her eyes over the damage anxiously. She could barely decide where to begin with him. How fared his pain? Was he fevered? Had he even bothered to rest in the last.. week? Ame knew all of these were distinct possibilities. One look at him told her that much.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
31 Posts
Ooc — Will
His vision was blurry, probably from the effects of the poppy seeds, he had eaten quite a lot after all, the pain of his wounds dulled but at the same time, he felt Somnus's presence, trying to get him into his realm. Poppy seeds were known to dull the pain and help you sleep after all. Vale blinked as a dark form moved towards him, only realizing who she was from her scent. He attempted a half smile, "Hey Ame," he murmured tiredly. Dulling the pain was probably not a good idea at all. It was never a good idea to dull pain, for it determined how bad the damage truly was and how it was healing.

"What happened to you?", the Roman winced slightly. "Went...went to hunt the cougar. It leaped at me, from the back....coward." he shook his head, trying to concentrate. "Fought it, couldn't beat it...so I ran, the wounds held me back....but I managed." Dull spots clouded Valerius's vision as he attempted to stand, wobbling on all fours. "So I'm back...not in the best condition but I'll heal.....If only I had some burdock root. Damn the stupid fever," he mumbled.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

His greeting was very nonchalant considering the looks of him and it kept her ears pressed down low. She could see that his wounds were not exactly fresh but they still looked awful. And, she got the sense he was hovering along the edge of being here at all.

There was no surprise in her expression to hear it was the cougar's doing, and while a brave (probably foolish) undertaking, she wished she had known about it before. Her muzzle wrinkled and hackles stiffened at the thought of this cat. If it was truly always the same beast doing them harm - to him, to Ferdie, to Vienna. If so, the worthless beast sure liked to keep busy, as unnerving as it was to consider at length.

She huffed softly, then moved beside him when she saw him sway. While never having been overly close to the pale warrior, she had still managed to worry for him and still did, so wouldn't have him crumbling into a sorry heap right here in front of her. When he mentioned fever, she frowned. Aleera had taught her thyme and yarrow could prove useful in handling them. Although she had been the fevered one herself then, so the entire lesson hadn't stuck with her perfectly. She didn't know what burdock root was, exactly. While I do not know about burdock root.. and if we have any -- because, naturally, our best aspiring medic just up and left without a word -- I do have something I am sure. His timing was poor, but.. he had recovered last time without much help. And Mallaidh had been tending Vienna in recent weeks, helping her to heal. Ame knew she had some small stores here and there, on top of what she herself had gathered just before winter's frosts killed most plants.

How well can you travel still? she asked with a pointed look, willing to help if need be (and doubting a proud wolf like him to take any unnecessary assistance happily). He needed to rest, and she wasn't leaving him here halfway to rotting and barely able to stand on the fringes of the mountain territory. Not only was that bound to attract suspicions, but it only complicated matters when any herb stores she did have were tucked deep into the mountain.

31 Posts
Ooc — Will
"While I do not know about burdock root.. and if we have any -- because, naturally, our best aspiring medic just up and left without a word -- I do have something I am sure." he flashed her a smile, faint but genuine. "Thanks Ame, for...having me back." he murmured, talking itself was taking up a whole lot of his energy, but like hell the proud Roman was going to admit that. Gods, he was endangering and bring down The Sunspire just by doing this, just by Amekaze accepting him. Valerius wasn't going to be any help to that pack for sometime, and it was winter for Mercury's sake! He seriously doubted if it was normal pack protocol to accept an injured former member back into its ranks unless they were like close? And the Roman wasn't actually close?

Vale was knocked out of his thoughts by the sooty Alpha's next words, he wondered whether to swallow his pride and accept her help or just feel extreme pain and walk like a Roman. Deciding it would probably just delay his healing time, the alabaster male grunted softly, "I can walk," he said, with a tilt of his head. "But I'll appreciate some help, if it won't be too much of a problem," Valerius said awkwardly, knowing this formal thingy was not helping the awkwardness he probably started at all. But Father never taught him how to accept help, just to always be strong or die, or some other shit like that, so Vale was learning. Every learned things after all, don't they?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

True, she had her reservations and accordingly, frustrations. Innately it did unease her, and she knew that his healing was not even guaranteed. Resources for healing herbal remedies were slim and while the hunting was still at least decent here on the mountain, there would be no lavish meals and hours of tending for him to recuperate with -- not that she could provide, at least. Vienna had been lucky. She had Jace, and as Ame noticed more, Sumayl. Plus Mallaidh had been recently brought into their ranks at the time of her injuries, and accordingly, the spirited female healed steadily.

Ame looked Valerius over warily, still, silent towards his thanks and not even sure how to handle it in the first place. She didn't like that it would largely be up to time to tell how it went. If he did mend completely, he was maybe one step closer to that damned filthy cat being dead. That had largely been why she had accepted him into her ranks months ago in the first place..

Soon she nodded, ears shifting forward just a touch as she did. Almost she had a wry remark for him already being a problem. You will be a bigger problem laying here out here to rot, she quipped, and moved alongside the pale-furred Roman. I have a small store in the little wood thicket. It is a decent ways in.. she gestured in its direction, and would let him set the pace. Even if he didn't get all the way there, although it was also a good place to rest. I had suspected you had gone off for the cougar, but not known which way you had headed.. or if that was really it.. she spoke lowly. And being the only leader meant she couldn't track off after the cat herself, or even the wolves who potentially did the same like him.

31 Posts
Ooc — Will
The Roman chuckled softly at her statement and as she made to move alongside him, he gingerly lay some of his weight on her, keeping at least three quarters to himself. She was a lot of help, though he would rather die than admit that. With the current situation, Valerius would be not only owing her once, but twice. Like how in the name of Mercury was he going to return this life debt twice, Ame was a strong female after all and she wasn't just going to be hanging on the edge of life easily.

"I have a small store in the little wood thicket. It is a decent ways in.." groaning in his head, the pale furred male began walking slowly but steadily towards the direction the black Alpha gave. She spoke about suspecting him going after the cougar but not knowing which way he headed or if that was really why he left. He let out a dry laugh, soft but audible, "I won't abandon the pack who took me in when I was injured so easily,"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She chuffed softly as he began walking, knowing good and well that it was not ideal. All the while, she flicked her ears to his softly-spoken words. While perhaps a heavier admittance than she had anticipated, she took them with a quiet nod. Learning the loyalties of different wolves was proving to be an interesting experience. So many said great things when they came here, and yet nearly as many dispersed back to the winds. Even fewer actually came back.

She accompanied at his pace and watched him in silence, knowing that he wouldn't be quick to show his weakness and suggest a rest even if he did need one... which was precisely what she would be trying to do if the tables were turn. Anyway, Ame wanted to get as close to the store as possible before, so in a way, she was glad for his stubbornness in this way.

Tell me about burdock root.. maybe I can get some. The healer that just left had a few small stores, but I am not entirely sure of their contents.. she said, trying to focus on the task at hand here, and nothing else. If he told her what to look for, there was a chance at least. If not, she knew she had thyme and yarrow waiting for her just ahead.

So, she did what was needed. She saw him to the thicket, instructed him to rest, then headed out to scope out her herb stores. In the hours to follow, she would return to intend to help groom his injuries, all while hopefully prying deeper into what he had seen out there. When it was all said and done, she'd see where the next days would lead them..