Can a character who made a pack be "alpha" in name only?
26 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
So like, if I wanted to make a pack with one of my characters, for example, but they weren't the leader-type, could I have them be the "alpha" in name only, but really, the pack has no real leadership ICly? (Whoever played the one in charge would still have to do the OOC duties for the pack.)
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
Hi!

Historically, there has always been a connection between IC leadership and OOC (PM) duties; as of now, we don't separate between the two and if you are OOCly a PM, you must ICly be one as well, and vice versa.

However, I am not sure if we have ever had a "leaderless" pack (which I think is an entirely separate question..?) -- for management reasons (adding/removing members, updating ranks, shuffles, managing the pack forum) we have to have someone at the helm the ship, so to speak.. so I am not sure if WOLF can currently host a pack with no leader. I'll let the CMs chime in.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
26 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
@Indra - I guess I meant more: is an alpha ICly and OOCly but doesn’t ICly acknowledge their leadership and maybe the pack runs on a vote system (every major decision is voted upon). Or something like that. So that OOCly the person IRL playing the alpha is still a PM but ICly everyone would technically have the same amount of power because democracy.