Dragoncrest Cliffs & Lord, if I’ve never had courage in my life before, let me have it now —
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He was a dark statue by her side, staring out into the trees, his expression impenetrable. Aure occasionally gave him a nuzzle, but he didn't return it, too abstracted as he was by everything else. Trying to figure out why it all had come to this.

This might just be another moving day for the mother of his children, but for Vercingetorix, this was a monumental shift in existence. He was Trikru by birth, Drakru by choice. Protector of Heda (a fine job he'd done, there). This was everything he had ever known, and today, he was following through on the decision to walk away from it all.

It doesn't have to be this way, said a small, selfish voice within his head. You can stay. Go back to Trigeda, perhaps, or even Sangeda. Offer them your services. You don't--

Verx shut it out of mind, gritting his teeth. Wherever he landed as a result, the choice had been made. Had he not felt them move within the woman, strong and true, he could have perhaps abandoned his children--but they had won his heart then. He would be a father, not merely a sperm donor.

Looks like folks aren't keen on becoming natronas, he remarked to no one in particular, his voice bitter as the cold and salty sea wind.
Common · Trigedasleng