Player Count Added to Pack Stats?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
I'll leave the logistics of coding to the coding experts, but can weigh in about anonymity on WOLF. If players want to be anonymous from other players, they should be able to - without being publicly outed. Pack player counts would, in effect, point out that someone there was anonymous.. which I do think defeats the purpose total anonymity since it advertises there is an anonymous person in the roster. I'm a big proponent for anonymity if players want to employ it and don't know if having a unique player count would be fair to those who opt to be anonymous.

Since the main concern in your thread seems to be legitimizing the actual player count in a pack roster, I can tell you what I do when I check packs - which hopefully might show why that step may not be necessary. When I do the weekly pack counts to make sure all packs have the minimum individual players, I do factor into consideration any anonymous characters. There isn't really such thing as total anonymity from the CMs. CMs can see IPs and do see when players are using IP scramblers... so when there are anonymous accounts in a pack, they are not considered a unique member if they already have another character in the pack.

I haven't personally witnessed players using anonymity to get around the minimum player count for packs. Most times it appears players use it to step outside their comfort zone and/or have a chance to RP with people they wouldn't usually. ^^
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Indra - April 07, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Illidan - April 07, 2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Zilliken - April 07, 2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Rosalyn - April 07, 2019, 05:06 PM
RE: Player Count Added to Pack Stats? - by Strand - April 07, 2019, 05:13 PM