Ankyra Sound There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic debris in the ocean.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
T____T Verx is such a good dad and he isn't even my dad.

The man bowed to him; not really, but, that's what it seemed like — Reyes wasn't used to adults getting down to his level and he was leery of the motion at first, wanting to get a good look at the stranger but also too nervous to let his gaze linger long. He was learning about the ins-and-outs of dominance. One side, the aggressor's, was from Vengeance. The other half of the lesson was coming from Vercingetorix, who seemed passive and submissive.

His little ears twitched to the sound of his deep voice, finding it pleasant. It resonated with some deep empty part of Reyes - the part that yearned for a father figure that he could respect, look up to, learn from... But he steeled himself against it all the same. I only wanted to play a little bit. That's all, the man explained - he seemed genuine, but what did a kid like Reyes know about genuine?

No, he repeated - cutting through the question as he heard it, and only feeling a little guilty for overriding an adult. He knew not to speak over his betters. This man was a stranger, and he wasn't too fond of strangers lately. I.. I play wiv my brother Scab, an' my... Sissers, nnn.. not bigguns like you. The boy lifted his nose with a sniff, almost looking proud of his little ramble-fest, and backed up against the sand.