Neverwinter Forest i stood very still by the window sill
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal had no idea how to really comfort someone.  But hey, he was here and hovering around Cam.  He was also kind of afraid that if he touched Cam, it'd somehow make the injuries worse.  Yeah, you ran into Moonspear.  They're probably almost the opposite of Elysium. Maybe not 100%, but close enough. 

As first Markus then Ceilidh showed up and both seemed pretty shaken by what they saw -- Markus especially.  Most of Mal's panic was focused on checking the horizon for familiar black shadows hunting Cam.  Still clear, looked like, but that didn't stop him from repeatedly looking.  Thank goodness it was clear, 'cause Mal was out of his depth to start with here and adding in fighting was gonna make him figuratively drowning even more.  Anyway, witch hazel!  Mal blinked owlishly,  Uhh. I have no idea what witch hazel is, so uh. He looked to Markus, Do you?  Mal was gonna be his most useful by being here with Cam, sounded like, so that left her or Markus would be the one to go fetch it from.. Wherever. Ugh.  It would have been nice to have had an education.

As Cam started to get up, Mal moved to step next to his non-stick side, If it helps, lean on me and stay off that leg.  We just gotta get you inside the territory and then you can rest again.  We can take it slow, yeah?  Unless there was some other way to bring him into the territory, but Cam was just a wee tad bit too big for that at this point.  And I bet it does -- but we'll get you patched up.  Then figure out why stuff happened after, okay?  If Moonspear had just gone and attacked him out of the blue, that was way beyond what Mal had been expecting.  But being kind of a pessimist, he wasn't gonna put it beyond them.  They were a danger to everyone.  

Of all wolves, Mal would be the one present who would understand what really happened.  Elysium had done a good job screwing up a couple generations of kids, whether it be by being too kind or just ignoring them entirely it had ended with pretty much the same result: not a damn clue about how a normal pack worked.  Mal being an untrusting twit was only saved from a similar fate by his own standoffish attitude.  Pays to be a jerk sometimes?  Whatever.  If only Cam could go read Elysium the riot act for not teaching him things.
Messages In This Thread
i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 12, 2019, 11:35 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 13, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 13, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 13, 2019, 10:11 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 14, 2019, 10:16 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 15, 2019, 01:40 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 17, 2019, 07:31 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 21, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 24, 2019, 10:08 PM