Firefly Glen (m) Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal didn't visit the Glen as often as he used to. He'd been going through the blank spot on the map when he'd found Ibis's scent coming from nearby and he turned to follow without thinking. Okay, too much thinking. He knew exactly why she smelled the way she did. It wasn't curiosity as much s it was, he felt, opportunity.

He did remember how she acted at their last meet -- it was slightly odd, sure, but he hadn't thought there'd be anything that might be clouding her thoughts then. Maybe she regretted leaving. Now? Maybe it'd be more telling. Maybe she'd want him -- that would be fun to say no, but on the other hand, he could also prove she was missing out. Both were obviously stupid ideas, but Mal wouldn't be confused for the smartest boy around on a normal day. And he hadn't figured out what to think of her on said previous normal day so... Wing it. Always wing it.

His steps after her were quick, trotting along to catch up before her petite, pale form appeared against the darker background of the glen. Mal slowed -- for her he'd put on the best smile, his show of confidence, but that faded slightly as Hydra showed from the other side. A complication, especially since she didn't seem too keen on Ibis being around here. So instead of being as playful as he might have been, he kept things slightly beneath his normal levels of cheer, but still positive as always. Nope, nothing afoot. Ibis! Funny finding you out here. -- And Hydra, I haven't found any sign of those evil-doers nearby. A good thing for now, I suppose. Which was true, perhaps if the ink black alpha was appeased she'd leave him to deal with his... Friend? Didn't seem like the right word still -- she hurt him too much in the past for that to be true -- and others he thought of were too unfamiliar. She was just Ibis.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years? - by Mal - April 12, 2020, 12:57 PM