Ravensblood Forest Now I'm on my way
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Damn her stupid, empathetic heart. And damn him for whatever emotional hold he had over her. What he did was awful, but then wasn't what she did to her own family just as awful? And for a similar reason. She had abandoned them without a single word and still, today, was letting them believe her to be missing when she was just a few days journey from the mountains where she was born and her family still resided, to her knowledge, anyway. Still, what he had done was inexcusable, or it really should be that black and white. So why was she so conflicted? Part of her was disgusted with what he had done, but the other part wanted to believe his sincerity. He did seem really sorry about the whole thing—no. She sighed and shook her head. How am I supposed to know if I can believe you? What if this was all just a game to him? Her logic seemed too blurry when it came to Donovan, so how could she trust even her own reasoning? How can I know that you won't hurt me or someone I care about if I ever upset you? Before today, she wouldn't have even questioned her safety around him. Or if something else bad happens? What was stopping him from lashing out at her and doing something just as terrible? 

And his last words—I've been nothing but real with you out of anyone else. She wanted to believe that. But was he just saying that to play on her sympathies? Taking advantage of their connection? How could she know?
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
Now I'm on my way - by Simmik - July 05, 2020, 10:51 PM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Kynareth Deagon - July 05, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Simmik - July 05, 2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Kynareth Deagon - July 05, 2020, 11:56 PM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Kynareth Deagon - July 06, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 01:09 AM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Kynareth Deagon - July 06, 2020, 01:36 AM
RE: Now I'm on my way - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 02:00 AM