Blackbeak Bluff Will you hang me out to dry?
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Private 
forward dated about a week
For @Simmik

Alduin moves a bit beyond their borders, further along the coast, just out of pure boredom. The clouds are heavy above and the wind chills his bones, but it’s nothing he’s not used to. Still, he’s been hanging around Blackwater for some time now. Trying to keep low and not interact with many he comes across. It’s better if people don’t know who he is. It’s better that they don’t know what he looks like. 

So, to keep it that way, Alduin tries to only travel when it rains. He tries to take as many dips in the frigid ocean as possible to mask his scent, hoping prying eyes do not watch him. 

With that in mind, he walks aimlessly along the coast…
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik had wanted to waste no time once they learned where their sons were. She had told Ky as much the first night they stayed in the strath. She knew he wanted to repair things with Fury, but that had not been why they were here, and Simmik honestly didn't much care to stay in the strath at all or be a part of the saints. She would of course endure it if her husband wished to stay, but she would not be very happy about it. She liked their new home and she missed Atka. 

Speaking of her sons, a familiar scent mixed with the ocean breeze and made her freeze. Alduin. She would know that scent anywhere. 

Simmik quickly tracked it along the beach until she saw the dark form of her son up ahead. She broke into a sprint and called out to him as soon she she was close enough. She would pull him into an embrace as soon as she reached him. Alduin she murmured. I have missed you so much. Tears stung the corners of her eyes.
Inuttuk
Common
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Alduin walks aimlessly. His entity by his side and they’re having idle conversation. Despite Alduin’s hate for the being, he makes decent company when the hellhound is bored. Maybe he’s just crazy though, but he’s starting to finally get used to him. After months and months of having him by his side and hating him so much, it’s strange to finally feel even a shred of acceptance for his situation.

Still, Alduin is about to reply to something the entity said when he hears his name being called in a very familiar voice. It makes his ears shift and when he’s turning his head he’s met with the form of a white, fluffy woman who immediately embraces him. He goes stock still and when she pulls away he’s met with the face of his mother. Which causes a muted, but still shocked, expression to twist his features. 

What’s she doing here? He immediately wonders, but he can save the questions because his mother looks like she’s about to cry.

“Mother,” He rasps out, moving forward to hook his neck around her properly this time. “I miss you too.” Pulling back he offers her a questionable glance. “What are you doing here?” 

It’s likely she would notice his many new scars. He’s been getting himself into trouble. Many fights have been fought and he has killed two wolves in his short time in the Teekon. A reminder that he is indeed Kynareth’s child.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
He had been busy. She noted every single scar to mar his perfect features. Her husband would be proud but Simmik only worried. She knew they had a job to do, but she didn't want to lose any of her children. 

You're so handsome and grown up, she told him. It had been months since she had seen him, and he had changed quite a bit in that time. 

Your father and I came to check on you and Tulok to make sure you were okay, she explained to Alduin. How are you, sweetie? she asked. He may be all grown up, but he was still her sweetie and always would be.
Inuttuk
Common
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
He can see the slight worry in his mother’s features. He believes it ill placed, but he understands her worries. She is his mother and she has done nothing but worry and care for him. He’s always been a momma’s boy after all and it seems that won’t be changing anytime soon. He does have a soft spot for her after all. Now that’s not to say he doesn’t feel the same about his father, but it’s still different with him — especially since Alduin’s fight he picked with him. That was when he’d first got Banesteppe and he was driving him mad, now the spirit is more tolerable, but not by much. 

Still, even as his mother compliments him he gives her a face. One that conveys the classic ‘omg mom stahp’ face, but with a touch of amusement hidden in those bloody eyes.

She continues on by mentioning why she’s there — saying that her and his father came to check up on them. Further asking how he’s doing afterwards, of course with her cute little nickname for him. At that he lowering his head some and huffs out a laugh through his nose with a slight shake to his shoulders. 

“I see.” He hums after his laughter passes. “I’m doing well. Tulok is sick of me, but that is to be expected.” He says lightly with a certain tenseness to his lips that almost conveys a smirk. 

“He is mission focused. My mind is…” He trails off with hazy uncertainty. “…scrambled at best. I am sick, mother.” He admits darkly, his earlier humor gone and a seriousness unknown to many his age settles in.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Alduin and Tulok had always been very different boys. Alduin was a lot like Ky, though with more anger and less charm. Not that he wasn't handsome, but since what had happened to him in childhood, there was a darkness to her son that she couldn't reach. It broke her heart; she should have protected him better. 

It was the darkness her boy brought up next. Simmik's face scrunched with sadness and concern. I know, sweetie, she said softly. I wish there was something I could do. She paused and sighed, her shoulders falling some in defeat. Have you been able to find any information on a cure?
Inuttuk
Common
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
He can see his sweet mothers face fall — clearly expressing concern and sadness for being unable to help him. At this point Alduin doesn’t think anyone even will be able to — probably besides @The Listener. Even then, Alduin knows Banesteppe is a vile, powerful creature — vengeful and greedy. Alduin doesn’t believe he can be stopped by any mere mortal or living person. 

So at his mothers words he sighs, looking away temporarily. He wants her to know that it is not her fault. Simmik cannot be blamed for Banesteppe, nor for the misfortunes life threw at him in childhood.

So he moves to placate her.

“It’s fine, mother.” He rumbles genuinely. Only to reply to her question a second later. “Perhaps. Perhaps not.” He says cryptically, not wanting to disclose much to her about Blackwater despite his doubtless  trust in her.