Neverwinter Forest she feels free.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He listened, and everything she said seemed to have the underlying tone of 'not him'. Cupid, Zephyr, Miriam, probably Ibis too -- when it came right down to it -- none of them really wanted him. In the moment it had all seemed good to him, but what was it? Confusion? Regrets? Did any of them know how that made him feel that he'd done what they'd wanted and asked (at least as far as he'd understood at the time) and then got chucked aside? Probably not. Why couldn't they have been clear with what they wanted in the first place?

No, instead it confused him. His ears tipped back a little. It showed in his voice. But I had asked.. And it wasn't what you said. He didn't like the way things had turned out. He wanted everyone to be happy together, not weird, not angry. How was it just on Mal to read minds? It hadn't seemed weird to me. If I had actually known, stuff would be different. Or would it? Hard to tell. He'd like to think that if people actually said what they mean then it'd simplify things. 

The more he was reminded of it, the more Mal wasn't sure if Aibreann was just happy to settle or actually liked him. But at least there was Hua. Probably, right? Too bad that scenario was difficult. Couldn't some part of his life be what he wanted? He was tired of hurting from things that were never done with malice. He had done what he was asked -- with permission, which he thought was exactly what they wanted too. But things were never simple.
Messages In This Thread
she feels free. - by Miriam - July 10, 2020, 01:29 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Mal - July 15, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Miriam - July 17, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Mal - July 19, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Miriam - July 19, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Mal - July 19, 2020, 08:49 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Miriam - July 19, 2020, 08:57 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Mal - July 19, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Miriam - July 19, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Mal - July 19, 2020, 10:40 PM
RE: she feels free. - by Miriam - July 19, 2020, 10:49 PM