Greatwater Lake wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing"
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan smiles brightly at her compliment of his good leadership. Even though she knows little to nothing of him. Still, a for effort in making his ego inflate — it works by the way. He’s excited when she comes to lay by him, cuddling into his side and the slightest wave of a curled tail reveals his true feelings.

Her warmth chases his own as they curl up beside one another. He chuckles softly at her telling him not to laugh. Only to quickly go serious and fulfill her request with a polite. “Okay, I won’t.”

She continues, speaking of love — something he knew once. He had it in the grasp of his hand only for it to be snatched away by the cruelty of betrayal — mutiny. He doesn’t know what to truly say. He feels for her for her loss of children and a husband, but he tried not to relate it to his own experience. It makes his mood go bitter much too fast. 

He hides it well, or perhaps he doesn’t. Still his words are soft. “I believe it’s possible for everyone to find that. I had a love as well. It ended poorly. Surprisingly not by me either.” The laugh he gives is almost bitter, yet he knows she didn’t mean to bring back old memories when he’s sure she too had some of her own. “I hope you find what you’re looking for, darling.” He hums almost sweetly, lying his chin down on his paws.
Messages In This Thread
RE: wrapped them in "I don't owe you a damn thing" - by Kynareth Deagon - August 12, 2020, 12:16 AM