Neverwinter Forest i really miss those days.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
At the word 'concubines' he looked confused -- in this case, because he didn't have that word in his vocabulary so he had no idea what she was meaning. But even if he did, he'd have been confused still, as one person he had a child with was dead, another clearly didn't like him... So obviously plural was right out. But he couldn't be angry, he just wanted things fixed, he wanted things to work. Maybe all the bad things were just on him. And honestly, he was not good at any of this, as many past conversations had shown. He didn't want to hurt Hua in any way, every time he had mentioned that he wanted to make her happy had always been the truth, but he wasn't always sure that's what he got from her in return. You could have just told them I existed. And what did you think I was offering you months and months ago? Which she had never followed up on. Ok, sure, he hadn't been clear but retrospect made it super clear to him at least. Maybe back then it was just so you didn't feel awkward in front of your people, but I've never taken that off the table. Which was also true, but he hadn't brought it back up either, mostly because to him the silence was a definite no, and he didn't want to be embarrassed by forcing her to say it. But apparently it wasn't? Goddamn it were all people so confusing? Maybe now it's just more complicated, but still an option?

He wanted to go over and comfort her, to hold her, to do something, but her response overall had him frozen to his spot. This was all why he'd wanted to talk to Hua first, but that chance had been pretty well ruined by all the drama that had happened while Yuelong had stayed in Neverwinter. When you were with us I thought that was going to be perfect chance -- we could have worked it all out and been a real family together. I wanted you to be able to meet everyone, have it be like a second home -- but we know how things went. It was an awful month. And when half the time I tried to show that I liked you you'd act all odd, then other times it was like you did too, I didn't know if I should do more. But I do want to be with you, that hasn't changed. Could he prove that was true somehow? Would his honest, open glance allow her to see that?

But back to being imploring, We both knew it wasn't going to be normal, it wasn't going to be easy, even without worrying about families -- we run packs, different ones that we worked to build. We can make it work, I'm sure of it. It just won't be some traditional thing -- but it can still be full of happiness and love and everything, we just have to try. He'd do what he needed to. For once in his life he just wanted things to work out nicely, let everyone be happy. Mal leaned forward just a little, but stayed rooted to his spot, I want to try. Didn't she want to too?
Messages In This Thread
i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 07, 2020, 12:03 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 24, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 25, 2020, 01:29 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 08, 2020, 12:33 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 14, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 14, 2020, 07:15 PM