Big Salmon Lake We can wash the dirt off our hands now
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The other turned to watch her, a moment passing as she too likely assessed the situation before growing closer. Just as she had shown, so had the scar littered woman, a stance of neutrality though to believe that she was territorial over this lake brought a short chuckle. Honestly, it wasn't unreasonable, there were many wolves in these wilds who would claim further than their pack grounds, but Ira saw no need and this was much too far for Kaistleoki.

Though right as the Count parted her maw to speak, another voice rang out, one she recognized. It was almost as if the Gods had sent her to mock the roan woman. Kaistleoki was days away yet somehow her injured knight commander had made her way several days out of the territory. Even if her injuries had not been too serious when Orlaith first received them, she was needed back home as one of the few that could defend should an issue arise while she was out. You could imagine the bewildered shock that painted itself clearly over her features.

A brief apologetic smile was offered to the stranger for what would follow. Reprimanding a packmember in front of someone she hadn't even introduced herself to yet wasn't exactly the best first impression, but it was clear that Orlaith's disobedience went further than their walls. Out here she could not be helped if something happened, in Kaistloki she had backup. It was the one reason she had not bothered forcing her to rest in the past, especially given that it would be hypocritical of her. As gold orbs moved to the knight in question, they grew much more cold, a frown tugging at her lips.

Orlaith. Her name was not a question, but surely the commander would hear the question in her tone, You're awfully far from home. Care to explain why you are days away from the river when you should be resting? Despite being upset, there was always a calm aura around the Count. It was the sound of a mother scolding her child for catching them with a hand in the cookie jar before dinner. Perhaps in some ways, Orlaith could be childish enough to warrant being treated like a child, or perhaps she had simply grown a little soft raising kids of her own.

She shifted her attention back to the self-proclaimed rogue, though her eyes never left her knight, No, my apologies. I'm on a trip to see someone, but it appears one of my knights took the liberty of weakening our borders. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as Ira shook her head. No matter what excuse Orlaith gave, she was still days away from the territory and there was no changing that Hieronymous would have to handle without her for now. I am Ira, Count of Kaistleoki, or Alpha in more plain terms. This is Orlaith, one of our Nobles.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Paloma Wolf - November 16, 2020, 04:43 PM
RE: We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Ira - November 16, 2020, 05:13 PM
RE: We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Orlaith - November 17, 2020, 01:31 PM
RE: We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Paloma Wolf - November 17, 2020, 02:16 PM
RE: We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Ira - November 17, 2020, 02:47 PM
RE: We can wash the dirt off our hands now - by Orlaith - November 17, 2020, 03:42 PM