Hoshor Plains Forgiving's pretty hard
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
This guy was definitely worse off than she was, which triggered Maia's 'mom' instincts immediately.  She felt bad for making him re-iterate what was already obvious; of course he didn't know, otherwise he wouldn't be searching.  She dropped it in favor of his second statement for the moment.  It sounded like he'd had a pretty rough go of it these past few days.  Weeks?  Who knew.

I'm sorry.  Are you... looking for a place?  My sister and I have been traveling together for months, and we've kinda been collecting wolves who want to make a home together.  We finally picked a spot to stay.  Even if we end up moving on, Wraen's probably about the most permanent thing I've ever had.  So... you could, maybe, stay with us too?

It wasn't the most confident of pitches, but things changed.  Territories came and went, stuff happened, but Maia knew she'd never be alone so long as Wraen was with her.  It was the best thing she could sell him on, and her tail waved as she watched him, hoping he'd pick up what she was putting down (and that it might cheer him up a tad).

In the end he agreed to go with her, at least for a while.  Try as she might, she wasn't quite able to spark joy in him, but that only doubled her insistence that she go look for his friend soon as she was able.  Fortunately, before too long, he'd receive word on that from another source!
Messages In This Thread
Forgiving's pretty hard - by Maia - December 04, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Sundance - December 05, 2020, 07:29 AM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Maia - December 06, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Sundance - December 08, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Maia - December 09, 2020, 12:50 AM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Sundance - December 19, 2020, 03:29 AM
RE: Forgiving's pretty hard - by Maia - December 19, 2020, 02:48 PM