Broken Antler Fen Let your arms be a place she feels safe in
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia noted, happily, that Eljay was able to talk about his parents with (it felt like) a little less awfulness behind it. She didn't know if her advice, back when they'd talked about Peter, helped at all. It made her feel pretty good, though, to think there was a chance maybe it had!

She nearly answered yes, but then stopped herself abruptly. Oh, uh. No. Just me and Wraen. She answered, a little sad despite herself. That news was still fresh. She'd been so excited to tell Terance about Brecheliant, and to have him visit and see what his sisters and daughter had built! Not now, though.

My brother and sister were Wraen's age, and used to live a bit north. Terence, Ibis' dad, and Sarah. I picked the trees for them. She didn't think to explain further, that she was talking about the place they'd named. Jupiter I'm not sure, but if she doesn't stick around, she might go back home. Some day maybe we can go and you can meet everyone there, though! It would be really need to see them and to let Eljay meet the rest of her family. They weren't exactly the Blackthorns but they were pretty flippin awesome anyway.

It was weird, talking about somewhat sad things but still being so completely happy. Suddenly overcome with it, Maia rolled sideways, draping a paw across his shoulders and shoving her face into his neck once again. I love you, she said, smiling, the words slightly muffled by his fur. So so so so much.
Messages In This Thread
Let your arms be a place she feels safe in - by Maia - March 11, 2021, 02:50 PM
RE: Let your arms be a place she feels safe in - by Maia - April 04, 2021, 02:32 AM