Broken Antler Fen I want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Two girls; like her two, now gone. They shared that in common, twice-over. It was good news — so why did Maia appear so upset? Ibis smiled widely and said, Wonderful! I'm so happy for you. The exuberance in her voice, her face, everywhere — it was genuine, a bit over-the-top as Ibis tried to make up for Maia's low mood. Perhaps there had been more; Ibis wouldn't ask, knowing how hard it had been to lose her first-borns, siblings that Lilitu and Arielle would never know.

I don't know where he is, sighed the mother, looking more exasperated now. Ibis glanced to the fen around them, the darkness of the den behind Maia, and then away, aware of how she was imposing and feeling terrible for it. At least Maia could redirect Eljay if he did appear.

Yes, that's... It's not super important right now. You have obligations now, so, just.. Whenever he surfaces, that'd be great. Ibis smiled again, reaching out to lightly bump Maia's broad shoulder with her nose. If you need anything please, call me. Anything at all.

But she didn't leave immediately either, giving Maia some space, and some time — lingering in case there was anything she could do here and now.
Messages In This Thread