Redhawk Caldera Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The way she spoke to him now was beyond condescending.

Where could I have gotten the egregious idea that a Redhawk was better than me? That I'd never measure up? That even my children, who I have sworn to love and protect, aren't even really mine because they somehow belong to this exclusive club of assholes?

Reyes fumed.

The kids were safe. They are safe. You told me to fuck off and I left, right? So there's no real way for me to make things better because I haven't been here. She can't blame him for that. If anyone should be humbling themselves its you, oh-great-merciful Sovereign.

He paced back a step, not ready to outright leave despite his body's posture carrying a sense of defeat; not wanting to turn his back on Towhee either, as wary of her as she was of him.

You think I'm so fucking unstable! Like I'm not allowed to be surprised by anything, or get angry. Guess what? I am angry. I'm not ripping your face off either though. That should count for something — but it won't, because you've made up your mind. And that's what it all boiled down to for Reyes — that lack of control regardless of whatever effort he did put forth.

Having the kids visit me, on their own time and with a supervisor, obviously, is better than living here with you.

And that was it. He was tired of fighting, tired of debating with her over something that neither was willing to budge on. Reyes hated the idea of being this laughing stock that the pack would no doubt gossip over, and was too wrapped up in the idea to think of how this might truly affect the children.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it. - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 11, 2021, 06:30 PM