Broken Antler Fen Nothing compares to when the smoke settles and you're the last [m]an standing.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He didn't see her coming. It was fortunate for Teya that the agitated man had burned through all of his energy while working in the grove, lest he turn that rage upon her by accident. The last thing Reyes needed right now was another enemy. When he did take notice of her, it was due to her approach, and he began to bristle.

Don't. I'm not — I can't, his body was tired and his mind dizzy with rage all the same, making it difficult for him to explain himself. Reyes had been prone for only a few minutes but as soon as Teya's presence neared him, he bristled and stomped a few steps away.

She agreed. The kids can visit. He eventually managed. With supervision, as if I'm — I can't be trusted. And really, in this moment, was Towhee wrong? She was the reason he felt like this now; all that love he'd held for her, spoiled. I can't go back there again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing compares to when the smoke settles and you're the last man standing. - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 14, 2021, 01:37 PM