Dragoncrest Cliffs The heart is something you can't control.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They were Erzulie's? That made sense. The boy at the border had looked the most like his maman, rather than red-coated like himself, or his own daughters. It didn't occur to Reyes that he was, technically, the only child Rosalyn would ever bear herself. He liked the idea of getting to know the four youngest in the family if possible, but did not speak up to this.

Rosalyn asked after Teya and that loosened his tongue considerably.

I wouldn't call her polite, he answered before he could stop himself, smiling, holding in laughter. She's different. Not at all what I expected, and certainly not someone I had thought I'd ever fall for, but... I'm glad I did. She makes me happy, and I hope I make her happy too.

Right, enough sappy shit Reyes, man up.

The young man chuffed to himself, clearing his throat and hoping that Rosalyn wouldn't point out how stupid he sounded. Love-bound and all.

She was there after Towhee kicked me out. Gave me a place to live and work, prove I could be a proper member of society -- for the most part. Ain't like I'm totally reformed. As he will prove in a week or so, when he half-crashes a wedding.

I dunno, ma. I thought Towhee was the one, for a long time. She wouldn't even consider takin' my name, and I pushed for it.. Maybe too hard. Things got worse from there. I don't fight with Teya over anything. I'm better with her.
Messages In This Thread
The heart is something you can't control. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 16, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 01:47 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 23, 2021, 04:15 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2021, 07:24 PM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - November 27, 2021, 03:04 AM
RE: The heart is something you can't control. - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2022, 01:12 PM